State stats leaders

Indian

What are some of the state stats leaders, if known, outside the Chattanooga area? I'm interested in part to find if a player here was among the leaders in RBIs (70) but also just trying to see how players in this area compared statewide in general. Most of the successful teams around Chattanooga submit their numbers to the paper, and they can be looked at on the Free Press website, sports, preps, prep statistics.

• 2 weeks later...

We know, you think anything below Class AAA or Division II-large is inferior. That wasn't the point of the topic, just looking to see some stats in the offseason. Of course, on the average the smaller classes won't see as good consistent pitching. I'm glad you were on here to remind me of that or I might have actually had the mistaken impression there are good players in the smaller classes. The Renfroes, Lacy Walker, etc can't play I guess, either. The one player in particular I was looking to get a comparison on was one of the MVPs of the Chattanooga all-star game but she's no good either since she wasn't in Class AAA. Her summer coaches and future college coach might disagree but I don't, now that I've been reminded with your insight.

I am assuming your daughter plays at a Chattanooga area school. I am also guessing like pretty much every other team in the Chattanooga area, whatever class your in, played a schedule that included teams from all 5 classes. What I saw was in every class, the talent level varied differently from top to bottom in each class. The gap from the top teams in each class to the bottom team where real close in some and miles apart in others. And that is just the Chattanooga area, when you figure in the whole state it gets even more diversified. I guess what I am saying they need a strength of schedule stat.

Edited by Hawg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Randi Hill, junior

Jefferson County High School, .623 ERA for 2012 season. AAA facing schools like Seymour (state AAA qualifier), Daniel Boone AAA runner up to Soddy Daisy, Gibbs AA state winner(beat them twice), Morristown east(highest scoring offense in tn 2012, beat them 4 times only allowing one run total in all games)

Edited by JC#1fan