D2 versus D1

Guest kyle08

Who does everyone think has the more dominating teams. I can personally reel off numerous D2 players that are playing or major Division 1 colleges. And that isfrom basically only 8 teams. Can any 8 public schools meet that.

Guest truth16

Division 2 is hands down the stonger of the two leagues. And that is impresive considering that the league is down this year more so than any of its previous years. This is probably the closest the gap has been before, but ever since the public/private split Division 2 has had the better athletes, better coaches, and better programs.

Yes, are you nuts?

Riverdale

Gallatin

Memphis East

Memphis Whitehaven

Memphis (fill-in-the-blank)

Red Bank

Soddy Daisy

Maryville

Lincoln County

Pearl Cohn

But overall, the publics send many more players to college, especially Division I than the small number of private schools.

And most years, the powers of the private schools could not dominate private schools -- top to bottom. One or two private school teams might dominate from year-to-year, but overall?

A 2A team in Chattanooga beat what is probably the best private school in the state this year.

Posted by kyle08:

Who does everyone think has the more dominating teams. I can personally reel off numerous D2 players that are playing or major Division 1 colleges. And that isfrom basically only 8 teams. Can any 8 public schools meet that.

I'm a private school graduate, and i think dII is the strongest division, but as stan pointed out, there plenty of public schools that can line up evenly with the privates(which is why i'm not for a split by the way). publics also send more guys to college, but that's a hard to stat to compare since there's so few privates compared to publics.

didn't that same dII team beat red bank. mba beat lincoln county and pearl cohn in the same season two years in a row.