Ezell vs. Columbia Academy

MTscouter

Well when CA has open enrollment like a public but also recruits like a big money private...it makes them tough to handle for some small D2 programs

Well actually to my understanding they dont recruit. Apprently most of those kids have been playing there since divsion ball and middle school. In fact i was told they were the ones who reported thhe inelgibale player. He was a third stringer so i would say they would have gotten away with it. And excuse me i meant your thoughts on THIS years game

CA should be down a bit this year losing the huge senior class they had last year. Ezell was in no way prepared for CA's veer style offense last year and i would assume that will be the key in this years game. I think Ezell has the better athletes overall but with a new staff, we will have to see how well prepared they are. CA has a very solid coaching staff. If Ezell stops the veer, it should be a good game. If they are clueless against it this year again, CA will win big.

Define recruiting...when u approach a kid and his parents and offer them a work study(free tuition)...for them to attend CA, I consider that recruiting...they have been doing it for a fact since the mid 90's....now with the youth league they are getting smarter catching kids when they are young....so that when they get to high school...they have the excuse u were given of "well these kids have been together since division ball"..

Id hate to turn this into a recruiting thread. One way or another, private schools ALL recruit. Some are more agressive with it and some have more to offer than others but they all do it. I dont have problem with it.

I see you have a limited number of posts, so you may be unaware that all threads in the Div II area are required to include at least one allegation of recruiting. It's in the rules.

Define recruiting...when u approach a kid and his parents and offer them a work study(free tuition)...for them to attend CA, I consider that recruiting...they have been doing it for a fact since the mid 90's....now with the youth league they are getting smarter catching kids when they are young....so that when they get to high school...they have the excuse u were given of "well these kids have been together since division ball"..

Most schools have a work study and not only athletes attend it. And alot of those kids who start go to the same church i do and have gone there since they were kids. And you cant detect a high chool athlete as a division 1 ball player unless they are a freak of nature. And doesnt Ezell recruit? Seeing how they are DII

Yes I'm.sure ezell does recruit...advantage of being dII CA has the both of both worlds being DI....and a cpl of those churches offer kids full tuition for kids to go to CA ..which is also illegal...way to set a good example...

I highly advise you learn what your facts are. The church doesnt offer scholarships like i said. Most of those kids have been playing there since they were in elemntary and have lived in the town. And you cant distinguish a all star as a child. And now besides that i just want thoughts on the game

Ok kids story time....I recently spoke to a friend of mine about the possibility of his son attending a private school not CA...he ask me about tuition...i informed him that our assistance is income based and the most he could get is 50-60%...no mind u his son is a rising 8th grader and is a standout baseball and basketball player....his answer to me was well my church said if I take him to CA to play ball they would pay 100% tuition..I told him Sry we can't do that.end of conv......so I guess a guy I have know for 10-12yrs would just make that up....now thoughts on the game

Ok kids story time....I recently spoke to a friend of mine about the possibility of his son attending a private school not CA...he ask me about tuition...i informed him that our assistance is income based and the most he could get is 50-60%...no mind u his son is a rising 8th grader and is a standout baseball and basketball player....his answer to me was well my church said if I take him to CA to play ball they would pay 100% tuition..I told him Sry we can't do that.end of conv......so I guess a guy I have know for 10-12yrs would just make that up....now thoughts on the game

Did he go to CA? Proably not did it cross your mind he might be trying to hustle you into you giving him 100 percent. If you got offer free tuition to a decent school like CA why wouldnt you take it. I say that cause i know a kid personally and they told him they arent going to do the under the table stuff. Such as full tution.