BA scrimmages

baeagles1982

BA had their 2nd scrimmage last nite vs overton. A little tough to get a read on the offense as the guys who will start have not played a lot as a group in the scrimmages, and a few starting guys are sitting out with some minor issues. A lot of talent and speed in the skill positions but tough to get a good read at this point

The coaches played everyone and i mean everyone in both scrimmages. They may have put the team mgrs in there for all i know, that's how many guys were going in and out. Running game looked better last nite although they only ran a few times (with the starters) in the 1st scrimmage. Oline will need to come together as there are some new guys on it. The defense will need to step up and attack the ball more, and play as a unit although it is really early

One thing is certain, we will not be out conditioned and out discplined like we were last yr and yrs before that. In our tough games, we were dying in the 2nd half. This coaching staff has these boys in shape and the boys will tell you it is the hardest they have ever worked. And they will also tell you they feel like a team - there is a lot of unity, something really stressed by the new HC. And they speak highly of the new coaches that have come onboard incl coach white, even though they are working them very hard. A lot of respect going both ways. Many people do not know how important that is

My opinion for what it is worth (nothing) Is that this team will have some adversity early on with the new head coach putting in "his schemes" (and a couple of other new coaches that have come onboard), some new (but talented) guys on the oline, the fact that they just need to jell on both sides of the ball and of course playing one of the toughest teams in the US in their 1st game.

There is a lot of talent on this team, and some of the boys that have been used little in the past couple of yrs are now getting some playing time - and will help make a positive difference. I think they will be playing their best ball at yr's end and while that might mean they will take it on the chin a few times, they will be in the playoffs at that point so who knows that will happen then. I think they'll have some losses but they will be a dangerous team come playoff time.

it will be a fun year