McGavock @ Mt Juliet

SCBisondad

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By post i have seen so far Mt. juliet is big. What is new about that? Don't know much about MJ. They have been good for several years now. Is the talent level still there to make a deep run or is this a year where they take a step back? How is the D?

MJ has a lot of speed and experience in the backfield and at receiver position. Chaplin will have a break out game soon. Maybe the fastest on the team. Linebackers are good and are the leaders of the D. They are a young team and play alot of talented sophmores. Defense will just keep getting betteras the season goes on and over the next two years.

I agree with MJ Pride the the line on both sides of the ball are the key.

Congrats to the BEARS! The offense has not missed a beat from last year despite losing the QB and almost everyone on the line. Chowbay should only get better as the year goes on. Good job by the D to only give up 14 pts. I think McGavock's offense will score some points off of people this year. Great overall job by the BEARS!

You only missed it by a fg. I'm sure you aren't too upset since they were +3 on your prediction. Your prediction sure was alot better than mine. I've been kinda underestimating the BEARS a little bit due to the inexperience on the lines. On to an improved Portland team. Stay hungry BEARS!

Pride; I was happy with the final score . MJ lost alot of experience on both lines. New defensive line coach is really good and pushing the boys. O line will get better as they gain experience. Chemistry will improve the next couple of weeks as we get into the heart of the schedule starting with Beech in 3 weeks. That will be one heck of a game. But Bears need to take one game at a time and not over look anyone. Portland is improving and working hard. GO BEARS !

Who are the line coaches? I really believe that is going to be the key for this team because I know that have skill and speed all over the field. The battle in the trenches will be the factor

Coach Grah handles O line, special teams and strength and conditioning and Coach Turcchetta has the D line. He is new. Has loads of experience coaching college in the SEC, Big East as well as a couple of other college conferences. He is tough; but fair and really good from what I have seen and heard from some of the boys. He will make a huge difference. A great addition to the staff. D line is very young starting a senior, junior and a sophmore and rotating a junior and a couple of sophmores.

Wow! Great info. Sounds like a great pick up. I knew that both lines were going to be recontructed after graduating so many last year. Just from stats, it seemed like the o line hadn't really missed a beat and the d line was def. getting the job done. I would say experience from the new coach is going to help and i believe the o line coach has been there for a while, right? Can not wait to see the bears here in a couple of weeks. Just been reading the paper about them so far, but seems things are headed in the right direction.