Smyrna's Chase Murphy Transfers to Blackman High SChool

mykidsdad

Unless there is bonafied change of residence and the move was 20 miles or more he should be ineligble for Varsity Football this fall under TSSAA transfer rules. The next question should be was it just a team rule or a school rule that got him dismissed, because it would seem that his school records would follow him inside the county school system.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase is a good kid he just has some anger issues that are not entirely his fault. Good luck Chase ! We're not talking about baseball

but remember "three strikes and your out !"....

I agree he is a good kid. He just needs to get his attitude right and realize where he fits into the team and life. He needs to learn accountability and how his actions and even lack of action effect the team and others around him. The good thing is we are talking about issues like bad attitude and teamwork. These are all things that a good mentor can help with. Its not going to be easy. He is where he needs to be. Not Blackman specificaly but somewhere new. A new beggining. So let his actions speak for what he does. Don't let his past put him in a hole at Blackman. Give the kid a chance. But hold him accountable for what he does and praise him when deserves it..

Edited by milo118

Personally, I think this is a loss for Blackman if he is allowed to join the team. He will cause nothing but distractions and drama at this point in the game.

And does Blackman really need to add another kid to their 100+ roster especially one that has been kicked off the same team twice both Freshman year and just last week? Is this the type of kid that Blackman wants on their roster regardless of talent. Shouldn't high school football not only be about winning but about growing up good young men???

Maybe not allowing this kid to join the team at least straight away will show him that there are finally consequences for his actions. Maybe the coaches should do what his parents obviously refuse to do!!

Sounds like somebody's son is about to get their position taken...

Unfortunally for the kid he will be so far behind that catching up at this point is going to extreemly difficult.

I believe this is where the work ethic part is going to come into play and maybe it will be different at Blackman. Hopefuly he has seen that he was wrong and will make a change.

Edited by milo118

Personally, I think this is a loss for Blackman if he is allowed to join the team. He will cause nothing but distractions and drama at this point in the game.

And does Blackman really need to add another kid to their 100+ roster especially one that has been kicked off the same team twice both Freshman year and just last week? Is this the type of kid that Blackman wants on their roster regardless of talent. Shouldn't high school football not only be about winning but about growing up good young men???

Maybe not allowing this kid to join the team at least straight away will show him that there are finally consequences for his actions. Maybe the coaches should do what his parents obviously refuse to do!!

I'm not sure why some people have nothing better to do than try to trash a kid that you obviously know very little about. Apparently some adults think it is their right to bash a kid and make others think he is some kind of thug who should be ostracized from society. Why do you even care where he plays football or if he is even allowed to play football? Murphy has had his issues but there have also been personal things going on in his life that he has been dealing with. He had a great year last season and was doing great and working on his problems. Since the first of the year his parents have divorced and this has resulted in some attitude issues. He has also been working on this. He and his coach had some problems which I guess resulted in the coach's decision to release him from Smyrna's team. His mother has been looking for a place she could better afford on her own and his release from the football team enabled her to widen her search. Murphy is not a bad kid and deserves the chance to prove himself. I would think at this point he realizes that he has to prove himself and I would only hope he works hard to do this. At least he should be given the chance.