Dresden @ McKenzie

lionfbfan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lion faithful = in any way= do not think this week's matchup the the Rebels to be a "cakewalk." Let me assure you. We respect the Rebels almost as much as they respect their lil Rebel on the middle of the field. We are banged up, but will come ready to play. It will not be an easy contest. No arrogance here nor do I foresee it from our boys.

The Lion faithful = in any way= do not think this week's matchup the the Rebels to be a "cakewalk." Let me assure you. We respect the Rebels almost as much as they respect their lil Rebel on the middle of the field. We are banged up, but will come ready to play. It will not be an easy contest. No arrogance here nor do I foresee it from our boys.

Glad to hear that play a hard game both teams. McKenzie you guys need to work on not fumbling but I think every team is going to fumble with all the bad rain we will be getting at game time.

Rebel Nation expects nothing but the best from the Lions this season. Yeah, we do have a lot of attachment to Col. Reb in the middle of our field. How would Dresden feel if you were told you could no longer use the Lion mascot unless you paid to use it and the ones making you pay no longer wanted to be publically noted for having it. ":We don't want to be associated with the image but you have to pay us XXX$ to use it at your school." say's Ole Miss and we pay up. Actually we started using it about the same time.

Col. Reb in the middle of our field ain't little to start with and it's not wise to take a pot shot at our mascot either. That comment made one 'ol Reb mad and likely a lot more. You sure you want to do that? Or do you not give a crap what your team name is and has been for years and years? We literally fought to keep Col. Reb. I hope someday someone challenges your 'lil kitty cat! Get over it! You struck a very sensitive nerve with that comment to Rebel Nation!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Rebel Nation expects nothing but the best from the Lions this season. Yeah, we do have a lot of attachment to Col. Reb in the middle of our field. How would Dresden feel if you were told you could no longer use the Lion mascot unless you paid to use it and the ones making you pay no longer wanted to be publically noted for having it. ":We don't want to be associated with the image but you have to pay us X$ to use it at your school." say's "Ole Miss and we pay up.

Col. Reb in the middle of our field ain't little to start with and it's not wise to take a pot shot at our mascot either. That comment made one 'ol Reb mad and likely a lot more. You sure you want to do that? Or do you not give a crap what your team name is and has been for years and years? We literally fought to keep Col. Reb. I hope someday someone challenges your 'lil kitty cat! Get over it!

I couldn't believe a college would pick on a high school like that when I heard about it really sad if you ask me. Glad you got him back.

I couldn't believe a college would pick on a high school like that when I heard about it really sad if you ask me. Glad you got him back.

KDF, thanks. Right now I'm kind of walking in circles talking to myself. Good thing for the Lions I ain't playin' in this game. That whole business shocked the entire McKenzie community when it happeed. I'm glad we were able to work it out but it's senseless. I'll never look at Ole Miss the same after that. The MHS alumni would gladly pay the $200 a year so I'm told to retain Col. Reb if need be. It's who we are just like ya'll are the Mustangs. What if SMU busted on ya'll. I know you feel what I'm saying. Actually they picked on Maryvllle and Stewart Co. too that I know of.

OK, I"m over it. Unless someone else attacks us. I do hope and expect this to be a good game. Thinking the better team will win it.

Edited by duckman38201

lol Ole Miss doesn't even use The Reb anymore what a bunch of crap. Whether a college can give you a good education or not the only thing they care about at the end of the day is money most are no better than those huge corporations who could care less about who works for them or the ppl that buy what they sale.

I do hope the Dresden vs Westview game is at Dresden next season. When I played and we were in the same region with WV we had no problem switching between venues every season and managed to get a home win against them one year (the first since the 80's at that time I think) I know has a whole Dresden is way behind WV as far as wins in the series but I would be disappointed to see the rivalry go away.

Lastly I don't expect the game at Mckenzie to be a cakewalk. It has always been a tough game for us and that is how the players should approach it and stay motivated. When you go into a game thinking you got it all wrapped of before the ball is even kicked off you open the door to get punched in the mouth. I really do love what this game has come to represent in the district

lol Ole Miss doesn't even use The Reb anymore what a bunch of crap. Whether a college can give you a good education or not the only thing they care about at the end of the day is money most are no better than those huge corporations who could care less about who works for them or the ppl that buy what they sale.

I do hope the Dresden vs Westview game is at Dresden next season. When I played and we were in the same region with WV we had no problem switching between venues every season and managed to get a home win against them one year (the first since the 80's at that time I think) I know has a whole Dresden is way behind WV as far as wins in the series but I would be disappointed to see the rivalry go away.

Lastly I don't expect the game at Mckenzie to be a cakewalk. It has always been a tough game for us and that is how the players should approach it and stay motivated. When you go into a game thinking you got it all wrapped of before the ball is even kicked off you open the door to get punched in the mouth. I really do love what this game has come to represent in the district

Thank you, another comment worthy of our talk, Dresden will come to play and so will the Rebels. I hate that we have to contribute to the upper class coffer to keep our identity but ...........................!!