Perry co vs Cornersville

EXFOOTBALL65

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is kinda odd. Funny thing is that cornersville coaches have enough class not to run the score up! Some of the other coaches in this region should take a play out of that book. Wayne, Perry & Moore County will try to get the waterboy a touchdown if they can. Save the comment because i played in region 6 when it was the toughest region in the state. Cornersville should have scored a hundred and kept pouring it on until they got on the bus!!! Something must be wrong because nobody in this region except the above mentioned is allowed to have a good team. Sorry for Cornersvilles success this year. I have an idea...You should write Coach Ray Stockstill and ask him to tone it down a little. Let me know how that works out for youthumb[1].gif

If you dont want a team to run the score up .......Stop em from scoring. Jees. Sometimes when a coach puts in his 2nd team they are good enough to score too. Last night we out our Jayvee team in at the start of the 2nd half and our starters didnt play another down. Well Halls couldnt stop them from scoring either. Nor could they score against or 2nd team Defense. So what do you do? Tell the kids who play Jayvee not to score when they have a chance? Get over it dude.

Why all the hate on Cville. Someone compliments their sportsmanship and you two start this?

Well, first of all, nobody's hating on C'ville. I'm the one who gave them the compliment in the first place. But anyone who saw them play last year should understand WP70's comment. They had a GREAT QB until he got hurt, but the rest of the team didn't seem to care a lot. Looks like that has changed this year, and I am happy for them.

Yeah it is kinda odd. Funny thing is that cornersville coaches have enough class not to run the score up! Some of the other coaches in this region should take a play out of that book. Wayne, Perry & Moore County will try to get the waterboy a touchdown if they can. Save the comment because i played in region 6 when it was the toughest region in the state. Cornersville should have scored a hundred and kept pouring it on until they got on the bus!!! Something must be wrong because nobody in this region except the above mentioned is allowed to have a good team. Sorry for Cornersvilles success this year. I have an idea...You should write Coach Ray Stockstill and ask him to tone it down a little. Let me know how that works out for youthumb[1].gif

You need to chill out a little, dude. I gave coach Stocksill a COMPLIMENT. I hope C'ville does have a successful year, it is time.

Looks like WC and PC are going to have to take a lot of payback this year, maybe next year too

Well, that's how it goes, isn't it? PC lost about 18 seniors, not sure how many WC lost, but I think a lot. We both have very young & inexperienced teams this year, not to mention the fact that Jacob Tuckers & Austin Rices don't come along every day. Of course, there is still another Rice out there who'll be in high school in a couple of years.

The main thing is that both teams need to HANG IN THERE and not give up. Each game they play is more experience, and with experience comes improvement.

its one of those debates that never end. Coaches are very driven and they have to be...its not always easy to take your pedal off the gas when the team is hitting on all cylinders. Its like a drug, ha

True statement, and it certainly makes your team look good to win by 30, 40 or 50 points. That's exactly why I made the earlier statement about C'ville coaches not running the score up. Meant it in a nice way, but somehow the C'ville fans have taken it as an insult? Ah well, game's over, it's history, time to move on...

Well the way I see it, PC is young. The guys we have r talented, but that doesn't mean that we can do it like Tucker and crew did it. Seems to me the coaches may be coaching above some of our players knowledge and experience. Another thing thats hurting us is we get gassed and we dont sub enough. We have some underclassmen who r big and athletic hey give them a chance. We'd be in better shape this year, if we'd have played more players last year.

Am I crazy, or didn't I say something nice earlier??? Seems to me that all the hating is coming from C'ville fans...

Viking fan Where you been nice lady? Didnt you know this was coming? You were on top for awhile and now its back to rebuilding. This is the price of success. Anyway ..Good to see you are still alive and kickin.

Viking fan Where you been nice lady? Didnt you know this was coming? You were on top for awhile and now its back to rebuilding. This is the price of success. Anyway ..Good to see you are still alive and kickin.

Yep, still around, lol. Just been busy. Putting in lots of hours at work, and getting concession stand ready for the season.

Perry County Football Boosters will be hosting a corn hole tournament on Saturday, September 29, at the PCHS football field. Winner will take home a $100 cash prize! Entry fee is $20 for a 2-person team. Tournament will begin at noon. Registration will run from now until noon on the day of the tournament. To pre-register, send e-mail to: vikingmom@tds.net.

Concessions will also be available that day. Hope to see some of my CoachT friends there!

Am I crazy, or didn't I say something nice earlier??? Seems to me that all the hating is coming from C'ville fans...

I'm not hating on perry county just because they have had success as a young program. Hats off for that. Cornersville has been on the recieving end of some pretty low comments in the past. Now that they have a solid team something has to be wrong? As for big Swo...when the jv scores thats not running the score up. Read carefuly so that you understand what running the score up means. When you run the score up you leave the starters in after you are winning by 30 and keep pouring it on. That is in no way good sportsmanship. I agree game over time to move on.