Dobyns Bennett @ Sullivan South

BatmanDB

I really doubt this DB team is going to take anyone for granted. Graham Clark is too focused and it shows in his teams preparedness on both sides of the ball, especially the Offense. It is atypical to have an offense that is so precise on each every play this early in the season, and that was from the first snap against Farragut.

Clark has "more" offensive tallent combined than he may have ever had before. Cook runs the offense as it is second nature to him, along with being maybe the fastest QB Clark has ever had. Swafford is just amazing, maybe just a slight step slower than Adonis Johnson, but maybe a more complete player because of his pass catching abilities. Foreman, well, he scored a 77 yd punt return TD and a 50 yd TD pass, the first 2 times he touched the ball this year. Obviously the fastest WR Clark has ever had, and his hands seem to have caught up with his feet this year...he is catching everything coming his way and the YAC is a huge weapon as well. Foreman can play QB in the option set, which is not what the Defense wants to see, Foreman and Swafford racing you to the corner. Race lost for the Defense. Casey has been the biggest surprise. We knew he was good but as everyones last thought to get the ball, #35 can out run a defense... he had over 100 yds rushing against Farragut. Add Barger as a vetran RB, who would start for most teams in the area...he is taken the early hits for Swafford but he can and does leave defenders himself.

8 possesions and 1 punt return this year (2 games) on Offense in the 1st Half has produced 9 TD's. Graham Clark is Coaching his tail off this year...It looks like he enjoys this team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This does remind me of a couple of years ago when everyone knew DB would roll.The South fans were very silent because of the year before when DB was down and South was prepared to take the states number 1 ranking with a beat down of the Tribe.Dobyns Bennett played a near perfect game and one of the biggest crowds in South football history became a DB home field advantage by the end of the game.Back to a couple of years ago however.South came to J Fred and played their tails off.I'm no South fan,but I can see why those players parents,coaches and fans had to have been very proud of their boys that night.Our guys have to remember that if you just show up and don't come to play{YOU CAN BE BEAT}.The last thing you want to see all around J Fred after the game is a bunch of STARS and BARS.There would probably be a yearly reminder for the next couple hundred years.Yes I do know the game is at South but the flags would fly all around DB.

I thought you would be on a North thread? What about your Devils? Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

Well hello DB faithful. Let me first congratulate you on your first two dominating wins. Looks like the team is playing with purpose and has undeniable talent. I honestly believe you will see Maryville this year in the playoffs, and I will go to that game unless South is still playing. As far as a game prediction, while hopeful we can pull an upset, I see DB as a big favorite.

Now since this may be the last match up, I would like to get some insight from the DB faithful. I did a little digging due to sheer curiousity and found some historical statistics from various websites.

- The series began, I believe, with the 1980-1981 school year.

- looking at the enrollment numbers from the two schools, from 1988-1993 South hovered between 1300-1400 students while DB was around 1550-1600. (I used 1993 for reference as that was the last time the Rebs defeated the Tribe ouch!)

- Current Enrollment (estimated, please correct with updated info), South a little over 900 and DB close to 2100?

- Tribes all-time record vs South 25-5.

- Through the first 14 games DB held a 9-5 advantage, most games were competitive.

I realize statistics can be misleading and my homerism chose these stats. Honestly, from a DB fans point of view... what has been the biggest reason for DB's two decade long dominance? Is it superior coaching, superior athletes, sheer numbers, better facilities or some combo of all or other factors?

You thought another player was better then Ty as well and tossed him under the DB bus many times.Now,my Alma Mater does have back to back state titles and Ty is playing D1 football and a North football dad gave you a gift to chew on.I'd quit thinking so much .Roll Tribe

Your only as good as your last game and your Alma Mater is zero & two. But they do have those two rings that you can kiss every friday night. Go for it.

Your only as good as your last game and your Alma Mater is zero & two. But they do have those two rings that you can kiss every friday night. Go for it.

For now,I'm just worried about DB winning this game and getting better for the playoffs.I'll keep it civil for two reasons.A lot of the kids do read this and apparently nomatter what,your going to stay on the coach.We are just going to see things in a different way when it comes to how we talk about the team and the kids.

I really doubt this DB team is going to take anyone for granted. Graham Clark is too focused and it shows in his teams preparedness on both sides of the ball, especially the Offense. It is atypical to have an offense that is so precise on each every play this early in the season, and that was from the first snap against Farragut.

Clark has "more" offensive tallent combined than he may have ever had before. Cook runs the offense as it is second nature to him, along with being maybe the fastest QB Clark has ever had. Swafford is just amazing, maybe just a slight step slower than Adonis Johnson, but maybe a more complete player because of his pass catching abilities. Foreman, well, he scored a 77 yd punt return TD and a 50 yd TD pass, the first 2 times he touched the ball this year. Obviously the fastest WR Clark has ever had, and his hands seem to have caught up with his feet this year...he is catching everything coming his way and the YAC is a huge weapon as well. Foreman can play QB in the option set, which is not what the Defense wants to see, Foreman and Swafford racing you to the corner. Race lost for the Defense. Casey has been the biggest surprise. We knew he was good but as everyones last thought to get the ball, #35 can out run a defense... he had over 100 yds rushing against Farragut. Add Barger as a vetran RB, who would start for most teams in the area...he is taken the early hits for Swafford but he can and does leave defenders himself.

8 possesions and 1 punt return this year (2 games) on Offense in the 1st Half has produced 9 TD's. Graham Clark is Coaching his tail off this year...It looks like he enjoys this team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Wish Adonis woulda stayed where he was from in the Atomic City, he was a great one.

For now,I'm just worried about DB winning this game and getting better for the playoffs.I'll keep it civil for two reasons.A lot of the kids do read this and apparently nomatter what,your going to stay on the coach.We are just going to see things in a different way when it comes to how we talk about the team and the kids.

Well my post was not about a coach or "the kids". It was about you being a Greenville fan. But on that subject, I do tell it exactly the way it is. Im not worried about having a seat at the table or hanging on to someones coat tails. The only person that seems to have their feelings hurt through it all is you. Not the coaches or the players. Yes we see things in a different way. And im glad we do.

Wish Adonis woulda stayed where he was from in the Atomic City, he was a great one.

I called Adonis "The Human Pinball Machine"...because he bounced off every tackle, no one seemed to get a good hit on him. That is the way Swafford runs with the ball. He can be surounded by 3-4 defensive players and shake a little this way and that way and he goes right past them. I expect you will see the touches for Swafford stay around 10-15 a game for the first half of the season and increase as we get closer to the end of the Regular Season. Now, he may have a bunch of touches in the Sevier County game (^_^)

Roll Tribe Roll

Well my post was not about a coach or "the kids". It was about you being a Greenville fan. But on that subject, I do tell it exactly the way it is. Im not worried about having a seat at the table or hanging on to someones coat tails. The only person that seems to have their feelings hurt through it all is you. Not the coaches or the players. Yes we see things in a different way. And im glad we do.

Well,I wasn't talking about your last post,but it doesn't do any good to say your wrong on anything.Not even when your own post are provided to counter what you just wrote.As for this post.Yes I 'm a Greeneville fan as well as a DB fan.No my feelings don't get hurt.If I like one or all of DB's coaches,I'll say so,it's not going to gain me anything either way.The coaches are big boys and could care less what we write on a meaningless web site.Yes you have hurt the players feelings over the years and will again,but they will get over it,I'm not so forgiving

Well,I wasn't talking about your last post,but it doesn't do any good to say your wrong on anything.Not even when your own post are provided to counter what you just wrote.As for this post.Yes I 'm a Greeneville fan as well as a DB fan.No my feelings don't get hurt.If I like one or all of DB's coaches,I'll say so,it's not going to gain me anything either way.The coaches are big boys and could care less what we write on a meaningless web site.Yes you have hurt the players feelings over the years and will again,but they will get over it,I'm not so forgiving

Good grief. Are you kidding me? I think you must have a hormonal imbalance. Have you had that checked?

If you feeling's don't get hurt stop acting like a whiney little girl and take it like a man.

By the way. just a full time DB fan here.......not a part timer.

Good grief. Are you kidding me? I think you must have a hormonal imbalance. Have you had that checked?

If you feeling's don't get hurt stop acting like a whiney little girl and take it like a man.

By the way. just a full time DB fan here.......not a part timer.

Well speaking of hormonal imbalance and here you are.Is it MR or is he out of town and left you the password again.I'll go with the old man's working and treat you like a lady.