East Robertson @ Jo Byrns

Shep

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FROM RCT...http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20120828/ROBERTSON02/308280050/Red-Devils-fall-Champions-road

East Robertson game moved to Thursday night

Jo Byrns will host cross-county rival East Robertson (1-1, 0-0 10-A) in the annual “Match in the Patch†on Thursday night.

The Red Devils have defeated East Robertson the last 10 times the two teams have played each other.

“They’re an improved football team,†Tom Adkins said. “I haven’t seen every team in the district yet, but I’m not so sure the Bell kid they have at running back isn’t the best back in the district.â€

FROM RCT...http://www.tennessea...-Champions-road

East Robertson game moved to Thursday night

Jo Byrns will host cross-county rival East Robertson (1-1, 0-0 10-A) in the annual “Match in the Patch†on Thursday night.

The Red Devils have defeated East Robertson the last 10 times the two teams have played each other.

“They’re an improved football team,†Tom Adkins said. “I haven’t seen every team in the district yet, but I’m not so sure the Bell kid they have at running back isn’t the best back in the district.â€

The only other backs I'd even consider is the new senior tailback who transferred in to Clarksville Academy but I haven't seen him yet and the back at NCS. The CA back is listed at 6' 192 lbs pictured below. The problem with Bell is that he plays on a bad team and it kind of makes him look bad too. Hopefully he doesn't put any "Bell" Witch junk on JB Thursday.

player1344307833582.jpg?t=0.29324400763853825

I'll be curious to see how JB performs in this one after coming off of a disappointing performance against Cascade.

To add a little fuel to the fire...I was told the new ER coach said in a meeting earlier this year (maybe when he got the job?) that "they will beat Jo Byrns this year".

M. Bell had 191 yards on 15 carries against Montgomery Central. As a team ER had 319 yards rushing on 31 carries. I know MC is terrible but you still have to be somewhat impressed with those numbers. JB's defense will have to come up big in this game! We played pretty good defense against Cascade other than that one big 83 yard run we gave up at the end. Take away that run and we gave up 130 yards of offense (91 against Macon Co.). We had 275 yards of offense against Cascade and only 1 TD...got to do better than that. Two interceptions and a turnover on downs deep in Cascade territory, a muffed punt...time to man up and come into our own!!!

Watched it online and JB made some mistakes in the first half that cost them points. Halftime score was 12-0 They completely dominated the second half though and ER looked like they shut down once JB went up 32-0 midway through the 3rd qtr. Number 10 looked good for JB as well as the Evans kid. Those two seemed to be involved with a lot of the defensive stops from what I could see online.