Riverdale Scrimmage Day Nov. 10

LWCoach

Riverdale Scrimmage Day was a success! So many good teams and players. I tried to post the schedule thursday night and much of the day friday but I was getting a different screen than usual and it would not allow me to type into the reply box.

Anyway

I had all of the Riverdale gym scores but I think it got mistakenly thrown away but from memory.

Oliver Springs over Cannon County 1 or 2pt game

Memphis Central over Columbia by 1

Cannon County over Lebanon

Riverdale over Dickson

Mt Juliet over Bradley by 4 I think

Jackson Co. vs. Westmoreland (not sure)

Riverdale over Bradley

Summertown over Franklin

CAK over Lawrence Co

Riverdale over Wilson Central

CPA over Smyrna

Creek Wood over Summertown

Thanks to everyone for a great saturday of preseason high school basketball.

I though the scrimmage day was a sucsess also. I do have only one complaint. The fact that the fouls did not count against the players was very irresponsible in my eyes. When players know they're are no consequences for fouling they play reckless and foul harder and more often. The games should be played by the rules they are played by in the regular season. I know that the games i saw, the refs were training and did not have control of the players. The fouls were so had in fact, a fight almost broke out. Referees that don't know how to make proper calls due to inexperience and no consequences for fouls is a recipe for disaster. Just glad to see no injuries in the games I saw.

I though the scrimmage day was a sucsess also. I do have only one complaint. The fact that the fouls did not count against the players was very irresponsible in my eyes. When players know they're are no consequences for fouling they play reckless and foul harder and more often. The games should be played by the rules they are played by in the regular season. I know that the games i saw, the refs were training and did not have control of the players. The fouls were so had in fact, a fight almost broke out. Referees that don't know how to make proper calls due to inexperience and no consequences for fouls is a recipe for disaster. Just glad to see no injuries in the games I saw.

No kidding. In a playday in the summer one girl alone had 18 fouls on her and the referees-looked like college students-and the coach made very little effort to calm her down. Things nearly got very ugly.