Franklin~vs~Hillsboro aka Clayton-vs-Webb

Defensedakey

You were obviously not at the game during the 4th quarter. Or did old rebel fall asleep? Pure luck you won that game. Not luck every time fhs wins, beat Hendersonville straight up. Last night, luck. Last year with Clayton, fhs battled at the top and it was never considered that fhs would lose to HHS. This year, Clayton took the worst team and made them a competetive and did it in one year. What say you about fhs and what dw has done with them? And you still think dw is better coach. Magic8ball says "try again."

And fhs WAS a good program. Will be again some day. Not this year. WD took the program backwards.

You do not have a clue about either program, FHS is young and not much talent this year. Hillsboro has talent but Craig is starting from scratch. Do you even know either coach? Donnie will build a good program and Craig will also given time, your comments are misguided at best.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kiddin right?? Were you at the same game as me?? Rather than get on here and see comments on how the Rebels took advantage of Hillsboro miscues to pull this one out for a BIG win, you wanna talk about WD. Lol. Seein your screen name now, I figure you ARE WD!! Lol.

What happened to Clayton was inevitable. He was a strong coach at FHS that didn't kiss her #$$. What was unforgivable was how she fired him. But, let's get to your question...

Too early to tell. Let's see, we get embarrassed by Siegel, not just beat. We rally and beat Hendersonville only to suffer the ignomy of losing to the Cougars( yes Willie, you are the first and hopefully only FHS principal that experiences that). We get another win and then ok we won but admit it, like me We felt we were beat in that 4th quarter. Our coaches and players took advantage of Hillsboro miscues and pulled this out thank god. To compare, I don't remember the Rebels ever being in this situation before with a Hillsboro team. I saw a total turnaround of that 5A team and in just the first season.

So Willie, we better get on our big girl pants cause we got some serious 6A games comin up. For now, a BIG cheer for Coach Webb and our players not giving up at the end. BTW, take a lesson from Coach D who ran the clock out at the end and hustled across to greet Coach C. A real gentleman, both are. Go Rebs.

I hate to reply to this because it just gives more for you to run with, but it is obvious that you are only trying to cause arguements. You are also not really an "oldtimer", cause if you were then you would remember the past two Hillsboro games 14-0 score in favor of us Rebels and 14-6 in favor of us rebels. I am trying to remember the 14-6 game, I believe we scored on defense just like last night, so that would mean YES our Rebel team was in this situation with a "Hillsboro team". It is obvious that you are only trying to make bad remarks and talk about Hillsboro as a 5A team and such well let us look deeper. We went 8-4 last year and 4 wins over 5A teams. This is same schedule as last year and we were 4-1 at this point last year and this year we are 3-2. (the difference being Centennial). If you really are an "oldtimer" then why don't you be a gentleman just like the two coaches were last night?

You do not have a clue about either program, FHS is young and not much talent this year. Hillsboro has talent but Craig is starting from scratch. Do you even know either coach? Donnie will build a good program and Craig will also given time, your comments are misguided at best.

Magic8ball finds it ironic that you just said there is not much talent at fhs and insult your own team. M8b finds this to be the definition of misguided. M8b finds proof of failing program and bad decision to remove Clayton in all the infighting going on at fhs.

M8b says "outlook not so good" but hopes this all becomes locker room motivation material to help the team.

Magic8ball says "Outlook not so good."

Magic8ball finds it ironic that you just said there is not much talent at fhs and insult your own team. M8b finds this to be the definition of misguided. M8b finds proof of failing program and bad decision to remove Clayton in all the infighting going on at fhs.

M8b says "outlook not so good" but hopes this all becomes locker room motivation material to help the team.

Magic8ball says "Outlook not so good."

Thanks for proving my point, MB8 has no clue.

Thanks for proving my point, MB8 has no clue.

Magic8ball curious as to how many screen names wink and wd have on coacht.

M8b - "it is certain"

Problem you face, M8b was at franklin- hillsboro game too. Franklin has more talent than you say and insult your own team by saying they don't have, but could barely beat a team that has just started down the road of discipline and will have much better talent in the future. Fortunate for Franklin that Hillsboro will be going back to Nashville district with realignment, but maybe Clayton will still try to schedule fhs to embarrass them in the future. M8b predicts Webb will not have courage to keep Hillsboro on schedule.

M8b - "it is certain"

Problem you face, M8b was at franklin- hillsboro game too. Franklin has more talent than you say and insult your own team by saying they don't have, but could barely beat a team that has just started down the road of discipline and will have much better talent in the future. Fortunate for Franklin that Hillsboro will be going back to Nashville district with realignment, but maybe Clayton will still try to schedule fhs to embarrass them in the future. M8b predicts Webb will not have courage to keep Hillsboro on schedule.

I am not insulting anyone, it is a fact. Donnie and Craig are friends and it has been known for several years this year would be a down year as far as talent ( based upon last several years), ask them. You do not know these men nor the programs so go ahead and make some more noise to make yourself feel better. All programs go up and down, FHS is down but Donnie is the right man for this time in history. What is your problem with Donnie? Do you know him, ever had a conversation with him?

Ok your turn to show all how wise you are, i am done.

I hate to reply to this because it just gives more for you to run with, but it is obvious that you are only trying to cause arguements. You are also not really an "oldtimer", cause if you were then you would remember the past two Hillsboro games 14-0 score in favor of us Rebels and 14-6 in favor of us rebels. I am trying to remember the 14-6 game, I believe we scored on defense just like last night, so that would mean YES our Rebel team was in this situation with a "Hillsboro team". It is obvious that you are only trying to make bad remarks and talk about Hillsboro as a 5A team and such well let us look deeper. We went 8-4 last year and 4 wins over 5A teams. This is same schedule as last year and we were 4-1 at this point last year and this year we are 3-2. (the difference being Centennial). If you really are an "oldtimer" then why don't you be a gentleman just like the two coaches were last night?

Then don't reply. I was watching Danny Nowell coaching in the rain at Lincoln County, Alvin Palmer dealing with the tragic loss of two fine young men from our team, the new centennial rival when Pat Murphy stayed at FHS and the other FHS freshman QB transferred to Centennial, then FINALLY when Tim got us to the State Championship game finally. I am more Franklin than a lot of late comers to this school and Williamson County. I was a Rebel when Franklin was a farming community of 18,000.

But, I do not believe I have to tear down other people and schools to support my team and I don't sugarcoat things either. I don't remember being DOWN 10 points in previous games with Hillsboro. And I'm sorry but we are 6A and Hillsboro is 5A. Accept it for what it is. And I am a gentleman but I am tired of people here discrediting prior teams and prior coaches. Stick to football and I will too.

Franklin had a great comeback win! But I am honest too that but for the punt fumble and an onside kick, we would be shaking our heads. Like Donnie said, we practiced that onside kick for 6 weeks. It paid off. Criminey!!!

I am not insulting anyone, it is a fact. Donnie and Craig are friends and it has been known for several years this year would be a down year as far as talent ( based upon last several years), ask them. You do not know these men nor the programs so go ahead and make some more noise to make yourself feel better. All programs go up and down, FHS is down but Donnie is the right man for this time in history. What is your problem with Donnie? Do you know him, ever had a conversation with him?

Ok your turn to show all how wise you are, i am done.

You keep harping on the down talent of your team. Great fan, you are. Apparently you feel Donnie needs the excuse.

M8b - "without a doubt"

Donnie is a better coach than that. Frankin players have more talent than that. Quit running your team down, wink. You helped run your coach out of town. Dont run your team down when they are not as good, now that Clayton is gone.

Will wink deny he is wink?

M8b - "it is certain"

M8b - "it is certain"

When you put up your little game toys and talk like a man, maybe you will get some respect.

Both men are trying to improve their programs and I see no reason to doubt that they will.

FHS is down on talent this year. However, I like the way they kept fighting Friday night.

Speaking of Friday night, neither team looked impressive as a whole. Both have a lot of work to do. FHS took advantage of mistakes and made a good call with good execution on the on side kick.

I believe both teams have better years to come.

You're kiddin right?? Were you at the same game as me?? Rather than get on here and see comments on how the Rebels took advantage of Hillsboro miscues to pull this one out for a BIG win, you wanna talk about WD. Lol. Seein your screen name now, I figure you ARE WD!! Lol.

What happened to Clayton was inevitable. He was a strong coach at FHS that didn't kiss her #$$. What was unforgivable was how she fired him. But, let's get to your question...

Too early to tell. Let's see, we get embarrassed by Siegel, not just beat. We rally and beat Hendersonville only to suffer the ignomy of losing to the Cougars( yes Willie, you are the first and hopefully only FHS principal that experiences that). We get another win and then ok we won but admit it, like me We felt we were beat in that 4th quarter. Our coaches and players took advantage of Hillsboro miscues and pulled this out thank god.

I am invited to get off the FHS train. So, I will find another train to hop on out here in the county.

Good luck to the Rebels. I got a feelin they are really gonna need it. And I got a feelin that Clayton will do just fine where he ends up.

Adios FHS.

I found this quote from one of your old posts (one of your first). For someone that is saying goodbye to FHS you sure know a lot about everygame that FHS has played. Hop off or get on and quit causing so much trouble.

When you put up your little game toys and talk like a man, maybe you will get some respect.

Both men are trying to improve their programs and I see no reason to doubt that they will.

FHS is down on talent this year. However, I like the way they kept fighting Friday night.

Speaking of Friday night, neither team looked impressive as a whole. Both have a lot of work to do. FHS took advantage of mistakes and made a good call with good execution on the on side kick.

I believe both teams have better years to come.

Is M8b looking for respect? "My reply is NO"