Region 4A

classof15

i agree that the jumpshot wil be the big struggle for this years team. if we can not hit jumpshots then we will lose a halfcourt/slow-pace game. if we can hit jumpshots then we could be tough to beat. but as for this year, we can have the intimidation factor of being "Defending State Champions". i just hope we can defend it right.

The private school is always going to be tough in Class A. This year will be no different, i'm sure they've added a few new recruits to the team to replace the graduating seniors. As always i'm pulling for the rest of the region against the private school. I think the boys from Watertown could have a shot at winning it this year. Clarkrange is solid as is Clay, and PIckett Co. The boys from JC will surprise come tournament time. good luck to all the public schools in the upcoming year!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The private school is always going to be tough in Class A. This year will be no different, i'm sure they've added a few new recruits to the team to replace the graduating seniors. As always i'm pulling for the rest of the region against the private school. I think the boys from Watertown could have a shot at winning it this year. Clarkrange is solid as is Clay, and PIckett Co. The boys from JC will surprise come tournament time. good luck to all the public schools in the upcoming year!

thanks for the respect towards the private school. but in all seriousness we all know how its gone when JC has had to face the "private school" boys in tournament time the past 2 years. you were mad about it in 2011 and im sure you were just as upset last year when your precious JC boys tried to take out multiple FC players once they realized they couldnt win. too bad they recieved multiple flagrant foul calls and even a technical or 2. we all know you hate the "private schol" you dont have to post about it on every thread that they are mentioned in. maybe one day your beloved JC boys will be half as good as you talk them up to be, but until then, i wouldnt complain if you just kept to yourself about how great you think they are.

thanks for the respect towards the private school. but in all seriousness we all know how its gone when JC has had to face the "private school" boys in tournament time the past 2 years. you were mad about it in 2011 and im sure you were just as upset last year when your precious JC boys tried to take out multiple FC players once they realized they couldnt win. too bad they recieved multiple flagrant foul calls and even a technical or 2. we all know you hate the "private schol" you dont have to post about it on every thread that they are mentioned in. maybe one day your beloved JC boys will be half as good as you talk them up to be, but until then, i wouldnt complain if you just kept to yourself about how great you think they are.

Negative young man i do not hate anyone or anything lets get that straight. Personally i was embarrassed by the actions of the team last year as were alot of other people. The better team won that night, end of story. However that does not prevent me from rooting for all of us that are "underdogs" or the proverbial "david's vs the goliath''. Until T$$AA decides to put the privates in their own classification or at the very least make them play at the highest level as in 3A in basketball, golf, volleyball, baseball etc.. and 6A in football then the small public schools will always be at a huge disadvantage due to the recruiting that goes on at FCS and other privates. Its a known fact and one i don't care to go on about any more. So lets just say that i will reserve the right to root for my team as you do yours young man.

Negative young man i do not hate anyone or anything lets get that straight. Personally i was embarrassed by the actions of the team last year as were alot of other people. The better team won that night, end of story. However that does not prevent me from rooting for all of us that are "underdogs" or the proverbial "david's vs the goliath''. Until T$$AA decides to put the privates in their own classification or at the very least make them play at the highest level as in 3A in basketball, golf, volleyball, baseball etc.. and 6A in football then the small public schools will always be at a huge disadvantage due to the recruiting that goes on at FCS and other privates. Its a known fact and one i don't care to go on about any more. So lets just say that i will reserve the right to root for my team as you do yours young man.

i am happy to hear you dont care to go on anymore about your BS. Watertown beat FC last year in the District championship and i didnt hear them moan and complain about playing the private school. it seems as if they like to play the private school. and to validate the fact that FC would last in the "private school league", if they had played in the D2 A division (which they would have according to population), they would have probably won that too. if i remember correctly i believe they beat DCA who won that particular state championship. but as for who we root for, i will continue to root for FC (even tho i am nowhere close to being a fan of AJ Long) and i will probably root against JC as they try time and time again to injure players of other teams. but you have the right to root for your team at the same time old man

i am happy to hear you dont care to go on anymore about your BS. Watertown beat FC last year in the District championship and i didnt hear them moan and complain about playing the private school. it seems as if they like to play the private school. and to validate the fact that FC would last in the "private school league", if they had played in the D2 A division (which they would have according to population), they would have probably won that too. if i remember correctly i believe they beat DCA who won that particular state championship. but as for who we root for, i will continue to root for FC (even tho i am nowhere close to being a fan of AJ Long) and i will probably root against JC as they try time and time again to injure players of other teams. but you have the right to root for your team at the same time old man

i was at the games the last two years that FCS eliminated JC from regional tourney. Couple of points about the games/series. 1. JC players did get frustrated and get intentional foul but they were not trying to hurt anyone, if they had been they would have. 2. this is the only time in 10 years your beloved FCS has beaten JC boys. I know for a fact that JC has knocked FCS out of region before and once FCS was ranked in top 5 in state. In conclusion, root for your team and we will root for ours but dont try to say we tried to hurt anyone on your team because we may play physical but not trying to hurt anyone.

In 2006 they were in the top five, I no that for a fact and probably saved clay from bein put out early that year

I don't think FCS could have beaten Clay again if they would have met in the region! Clay was a very good team but throughout the year they laid some eggs. The first game the 2 play was a fluke and noway FCS should have beat Clay by that much, the 2nd game at FCS was a much better game. When it came tourney time they took care of business.

FCS had a good team without a doubt last year, but in the, roughly, 11 or 12 years i've been actually keeping up with the teams that come out of this region it was nowhere near the best team that has come out of this region, I would give that nod to the 01-02 Pickett team. I remember in the 02-03 when Clay finished 3rd in the district, 2nd in the region, then traveled to their sub-state game with temple, which we all know how hard for a team to do, and only lost by 7 points to a temple team who eventually won the whole thing and that 7 point win for temple was more competition than they recieved from any other team in the state tournament that year. You take a 3rd place team from a district now and how good are they? I would have loved to see FCS compete in a region tournament that was as competitive as the one in 02-03. I am completely pro region 4 and I was tickled to death to see a team from this region win state, but I wish the road wasn't as smooth for them.

I don't think FCS could have beaten Clay again if they would have met in the region! Clay was a very good team but throughout the year they laid some eggs. The first game the 2 play was a fluke and noway FCS should have beat Clay by that much, the 2nd game at FCS was a much better game. When it came tourney time they took care of business.

FCS had a good team without a doubt last year, but in the, roughly, 11 or 12 years i've been actually keeping up with the teams that come out of this region it was nowhere near the best team that has come out of this region, I would give that nod to the 01-02 Pickett team. I remember in the 02-03 when Clay finished 3rd in the district, 2nd in the region, then traveled to their sub-state game with temple, which we all know how hard for a team to do, and only lost by 7 points to a temple team who eventually won the whole thing and that 7 point win for temple was more competition than they recieved from any other team in the state tournament that year. You take a 3rd place team from a district now and how good are they? I would have loved to see FCS compete in a region tournament that was as competitive as the one in 02-03. I am completely pro region 4 and I was tickled to death to see a team from this region win state, but I wish the road wasn't as smooth for them.

Well that may be the case but FC doesnt have to be the best team in the past 10 years to win state in any given year. They just have to be the best team in that particular year. i do know that Pickett did have some very good teams in past years though. Seems as if FC finally got a coach who can push them to that next level of playing.