Region 4A

classof15

Lol Swanson you need to become more of a fan. I honestly didn't think we were that good last year, but we played hard with good defense and got buckets haha we also got super lucky with all the teams we played. Back to this year though, I wish we had a shooter like Ben Crockett again

A shooter like Ben Crockett in high school comes around once in a blue moon. That guy was just automatic. Another player like him would be a gift. I guess we should start looking aroud for one though. Anybody know any good 8th grade shooter prodigies?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that may be the case but FC doesnt have to be the best team in the past 10 years to win state in any given year. They just have to be the best team in that particular year. i do know that Pickett did have some very good teams in past years though. Seems as if FC finally got a coach who can push them to that next level of playing.

PC has had some good ones, 01-02 and 04-05 where really good (Nathan Aaron and Joseph Bailey were really fun to watch). I'm not saying that FC didn't deserve to win state, they most certainly had a very good team. I just didn't like how easily they made it through the region tournament. I just used 02-03 as an example, but had it been other years as well, FC may have taken a team like this one through the region and even won state, but would have been in a dog fight in every game through the region tournament....I guess I just miss the good ole days :)

PC has had some good ones, 01-02 and 04-05 where really good (Nathan Aaron and Joseph Bailey were really fun to watch). I'm not saying that FC didn't deserve to win state, they most certainly had a very good team. I just didn't like how easily they made it through the region tournament. I just used 02-03 as an example, but had it been other years as well, FC may have taken a team like this one through the region and even won state, but would have been in a dog fight in every game through the region tournament....I guess I just miss the good ole days icon_e_smile.gif

so just because FC won by more points through the region tournament means they werent as good as past teams? somehow that just seems backwards to me

so just because FC won by more points through the region tournament means they werent as good as past teams? somehow that just seems backwards to me

Nope...the other teams in the area has gotten worse, a lot worse! From 01-02 to 05-06 this area sent 4 out of a possible 10 teams to the state tournaments, the only reason more wasn't sent was because of Temple who won state twice in those 5 years and they are another team that has fallen almost completely off the radar. From the 06-07 season to present this area has sent 3 out of a possible 12 teams to the state tournament, outside FCS those other 2 teams were beaten pretty convincingly in the first round. Was FCS worse last year than all of those past teams that came out of the region i've been talking about...No! Do I believe there were other teams that has came out of the region in the past decade that is better than FCS..Yes! I am just saying FCS had it to easy last year because the region was full of bad to decent teams who, when FCS decided to show up to play ball, couldn't compete with FCS!

Nope...the other teams in the area has gotten worse, a lot worse! From 01-02 to 05-06 this area sent 4 out of a possible 10 teams to the state tournaments, the only reason more wasn't sent was because of Temple who won state twice in those 5 years and they are another team that has fallen almost completely off the radar. From the 06-07 season to present this area has sent 3 out of a possible 12 teams to the state tournament, outside FCS those other 2 teams were beaten pretty convincingly in the first round. Was FCS worse last year than all of those past teams that came out of the region i've been talking about...No! Do I believe there were other teams that has came out of the region in the past decade that is better than FCS..Yes! I am just saying FCS had it to easy last year because the region was full of bad to decent teams who, when FCS decided to show up to play ball, couldn't compete with FCS!

Personally i dont think you can say one team was better than another unless they played against each other, played the same teams, or had a video game to use throwback teams. obviously none of these are happening. although i do think a video game with the teams from the region for the past decade would be quite fun

i am happy to hear you dont care to go on anymore about your BS. Watertown beat FC last year in the District championship and i didnt hear them moan and complain about playing the private school. it seems as if they like to play the private school. and to validate the fact that FC would last in the "private school league", if they had played in the D2 A division (which they would have according to population), they would have probably won that too. if i remember correctly i believe they beat DCA who won that particular state championship. but as for who we root for, i will continue to root for FC (even tho i am nowhere close to being a fan of AJ Long) and i will probably root against JC as they try time and time again to injure players of other teams. but you have the right to root for your team at the same time old man

Heard that the private school was moving to Div II after this year. Can't say that i will miss the private school, atleast now the rest of the region will be on a level playing field. Like Mr. Basketball pointed out, our players didn't try to injure just hard fouls, thats all. As for you calling me an old man, well the ignorance of people like you has no limits and you show your true colors when you open your mouth and try to degrade other people. You represent the "christian" school so well, i'm sure they are very proud of you.

Heard that the private school was moving to Div II after this year. Can't say that i will miss the private school, atleast now the rest of the region will be on a level playing field. Like Mr. Basketball pointed out, our players didn't try to injure just hard fouls, thats all. As for you calling me an old man, well the ignorance of people like you has no limits and you show your true colors when you open your mouth and try to degrade other people. You represent the "christian" school so well, i'm sure they are very proud of you.

I've heard this as well, but it'll even out baseball and softball moreso than any other sport....

Actually as an alumni of FC I can affirm we are very proud if the "alumnist". Besides being a true scholar athlete both at FC and now collegiately he's also a young man who serves and represents his community quiet well. Is he perfect, no but who of us are. Move on to another subject devil fanatic and relish the fact FC won't be ending too many more of JC's season in the years to come.

Actually as an alumni of FC I can affirm we are very proud if the "alumnist". Besides being a true scholar athlete both at FC and now collegiately he's also a young man who serves and represents his community quiet well. Is he perfect, no but who of us are. Move on to another subject devil fanatic and relish the fact FC won't be ending too many more of JC's season in the years to come.

All FC has is recruits, thats how they win games period. With classless fans like yourself and the young punk alumnist it makes it easy for the rest of us to dislike what this school's athletic program represents. JC has ended FC's season as many times as FC has theirs and if they play this year JC will win unless you have several new recruits i''m not aware of which is very possible as we all know. Lets get back on topic shall we. None of us care about the private school lets talk about the real teams in the region not the "bought and paid for" program.

Did Watertown lose any off last years team? I know that Clarkrange, Clay and Pickett will all be very good this year and i think JC will surprise a few people come tournament time. Can't wait for some round ball!