Rhea Co vs Bradley Central

alt1958

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we had a player ejected Friday night and heard a rumor (didn't see firsthand) our illustrious head ball coach either brushed up against or hit an official, we might be at a disadvantage. The days where Bradley and WV were games to fine tune our skills are long gone. From the looks of our beloved Green and Gold, we have become that team everyone else gets to enjoy.

Hopefully we can get over all of our injuries and broken pride after Friday night's beating, gather our composure, and come to the Bear Cave and scrap out a good game. Not saying we will win, but it'd sure be nice. After seeing the Evensville boys play all year, if BC jumps on us early and often, they mine as well put in the freshman squad because our boys/coaches will lay down.

Call me negative if you like, I call it realistic. I bleed green and gold and have for many years. Over the years, we have had trips to the championship games and quarterfinals, and the 1-9 years as well. You'll still see me bearing those Golden Eagle colors.

Edited by UnsilentMajority

Considering we had a player ejected Friday night and heard a rumor (didn't see firsthand) our illustrious head ball coach either brushed up against or hit an official, we might be at a disadvantage. The days where Bradley and WV were games to fine tune our skills are long gone. From the looks of our beloved Green and Gold, we have become that team everyone else gets to enjoy.

Hopefully we can get over all of our injuries and broken pride after Friday night's beating, gather our composure, and come to the Bear Cave and scrap out a good game. Not saying we will win, but it'd sure be nice. After seeing the Evensville boys play all year, if BC jumps on us early and often, they mine as well put in the freshman squad because our boys/coaches will lay down.

Call me negative if you like, I call it realistic. I bleed green and gold and have for many years. Over the years, we have had trips to the championship games and quarterfinals, and the 1-9 years as well. You'll still see me bearing those Golden Eagle colors.

A Rhea County squad that lays down would an unusual experience for me. I am used to them playing hard no matter how their situation may be. And I will expect it again Friday.

If the coach did that then there will be some repercussions. That would make it even tougher. Bradley has enough injuries for us to be a little worried about that situation as well.

I know how it is to have those tough seasons as well. Hang in there.

'alt1958'

A Rhea County squad that lays down would an unusual experience for me. I am used to them playing hard no matter how their situation may be. And I will expect it again Friday.

If the coach did that then there will be some repercussions. That would make it even tougher. Bradley has enough injuries for us to be a little worried about that situation as well.

I know how it is to have those tough seasons as well. Hang in there.

Agreed Alt... The Rhea County teams I played were tough as nails. We won and lost 2 close ones and was blown out in the 3rd game. Never saw any Bill Horton coached team quit that is for sure.

Sadly, we no longer have a Bill Horton coached team. Coach Horton was a great coach; more importantly, he was a great man who taught the boys about more than football.

I guess you could say it's both the coaches and players fault. If the coaches quit on the players, the team morale drops. Some of it can be attributed to players' attitudes as well. Let's face it, attitudes from the newer generation of children are much different than that of 20 years ago (or even 10 for that matter). Children, and adults too, tend to find it easier to quit when things get tough just because they know 'it'll be okay... little Johnny will get another try... etc'.

I'll get off my philsophical soap box. Sorry about that.

Two days til kickoff. Anyone have a RC injury update? Boy, I sure miss Mr. RheaCo. RheaCo, if you're reading this, know you're missed by many, including by more than just the Evensville faithful.

Sadly, we no longer have a Bill Horton coached team. Coach Horton was a great coach; more importantly, he was a great man who taught the boys about more than football.

I guess you could say it's both the coaches and players fault. If the coaches quit on the players, the team morale drops. Some of it can be attributed to players' attitudes as well. Let's face it, attitudes from the newer generation of children are much different than that of 20 years ago (or even 10 for that matter). Children, and adults too, tend to find it easier to quit when things get tough just because they know 'it'll be okay... little Johnny will get another try... etc'.

I'll get off my philsophical soap box. Sorry about that.

Two days til kickoff. Anyone have a RC injury update? Boy, I sure miss Mr. RheaCo. RheaCo, if you're reading this, know you're missed by many, including by more than just the Evensville faithful.

what happened to the guy who used to post a little scouting report on here, they were always nice to read.

what happened to the guy who used to post a little scouting report on here, they were always nice to read.

iNJURY REPORT nUMBER 3 BROKEN HAND 57 HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN NOT SURE IF 77 WILL MAKE IT BACK THIS WEEK AND 22 FOR REASONS WE HAVE ALL SPOKE OF WILL NOT BE PLAYING 57 AND 77 ARE GREAT PLAYMAKERS ON DEFENSE NUMBER 3 WAS A heck OF A PLAYMAKER LAST YEAR DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE DONT SEE HIM MUCH THIS YEAR SO GREEN AND GOLD WILL HAVE TO REALLY BRING THEIR A GAME THIS WEEK