Antioch vs McGavok

qwmike

What do you think about the showdown this year McGavock has beaten the bears the last two years inthe ditrict by 5 points. Is it going to be differrent this year or will it be the same story. I think it will be good, but font put your money on eitherr team right now, casue that district is wide open.

Antioch is my surprise team in the District. Even after losing Mario Moore (plus KEntwaan Cleveland, 6'7 Harold Pointer-who got kicked off midseason, 6'6 Brian Kenner), Antioch should be much improved this year.....

Nolan Richardson is a budding star. Trust me. He showed outstanding skills when I saw him at the Showcase saturday. He needs only to learn to be EFFECTIVE and make plays rather than Flashy, and he will be one of the top Jr guards in the State....

Very few teams can match Antioch's front line of 6'8 Chris Arnett, 6'7 David Palmer, and 6'6 Colby Primm....

Richardson has help in the backcourt as well, with the emergence of Jr PG Tywan Trice, plus 6'2 Sr David Cotton, 6'5 Sr DeCory Young, 5'9 Jr Brian Vickers, and 5'9 Soph Homer Britton, plus Forwards Randolph Wright, Marlon Gordon, and Quincy Douglas....

And one name not mentioned yet is Sr Donny See, who may or may not play, but is undoubtably one of the most "talented" players in the entire state......

This could be a special year for Antioch, behind Coach Mangrum......

What has darnell collins done yet? Has he won any games for his team has he any stats has he made any teams like district or region or etc. You put the young man on a pedistal and he has yet to do anything. So this goes for anybody who puts a player on high and if he does not produce then you are up a creek. Give the players that has done their thing the ups. What is darnell a freshman because if he is not then he is behind on time or maybe he has yet to bloom but maybe this will be his year. The best people on that team is aj,dre,and felton then there is the rest.

rtaylor I understand what you say about darnell but he is underated. He plays aau for the nashville pacesetters and was issued in hoop magazine twice this year. He also was issued in the top players in the nike showcase this past summer in florida. What can I say this kid just is not heard but I guarantee after this year they will know darnell

Antioch also has some players that aren't spoken of much yet either. Tywan trice is a emerging pg Decory young 6'5 senior who can blow by any defender, junior foward quincy douglas should make a rise do to his quickness over other post/small forward players(maddddd hopppss)6'8 sophmore david palmer, randolph wright, and marlon gordan will give a huge helping hand to nolan,chris,david C., and colby that will make the difference of losing some players from last year