Cleveland vs McMinn Co

KneeTap

If McMinn wins the District this season, it will mark the third time in the last four years the Cherokees have won it. That's remarkable considering McMinn doesn't have a "feeder program" via Middle Schools like all the Bradley County teams and other District teams do. That speaks volumes for the coaching by Coach Cagle and his coaching staff!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn is good not really that remarkable they only have two schools in the county and only one of them is usually good in football. So most of the talent ends up at county. Even Monroe county had 3 schools. Bradley county's politics runs kids out of the programs early and they split the talent up between three schools. It hurts them so many kids leave football before they even grow. You don't know what kind of athlete you will be if your just 12 and are done for whatever reason. I imagine it happens everywhere but seems like Polk McMinn have the right idea in they keep the kids together in pee wee leagues. And before someone says something about Wells moving there he just added to an already good team.

Whoa...hey...what??? Hate I missed this comment over the weekend, but...really? You have to be kidding. If Cleveland didn't get mercy-ruled by Maryville, they aren't getting mercy-ruled by anyone. And, to be accurate, they were in the Maryville game until the 4th quarter, so no danger of that either. (and Maryville was still playing their starters at the end...)

I have to agree with CBRF here...that statement was just a bit over-the-top.

Friday's game will determine who wins the district/region. Pure and simple. Bradley's game will determine 3/4.

McMinn might be the favorite due to history, but they're playing at Cleveland...so that takes away some McMinn home-field points and penalties...if ya know what I mean.icon_e_wink.gif

I read this on Friday morning and then when I was at the ballgame in Friday night I thought of it again. Sort of like when the referees gave a touchdown to Cleveland and they were not even in bounds!!! That was just about as bad as it gets.

Yes but he went down hard and was smacked in the mouth several times right after he released it. My hat is off to the kid though. He stood tough the whole game. In my opinion McMinns D line was the difference in the game. Wells also made his best run on the busted play were center snapped ball on a freeze play. He only got 9 yards but they were tough yards!!!!!

Couldn't agree more!! What a game. Our defense played a great game.

I watched this on the school stream, why did Cleveland not use any TOs when MC had the ball late in the 4th? I think MC got a delay of game and then CHS went off-sides and then they pretty much let the clock run out. Was the game a lost cause at that point? It is sometime hard to figure out the down and distance and time left in the game from the streamcasts.

McMinn is good not really that remarkable they only have two schools in the county and only one of them is usually good in football. So most of the talent ends up at county. Even Monroe county had 3 schools. Bradley county's politics runs kids out of the programs early and they split the talent up between three schools. It hurts them so many kids leave football before they even grow. You don't know what kind of athlete you will be if your just 12 and are done for whatever reason. I imagine it happens everywhere but seems like Polk McMinn have the right idea in they keep the kids together in pee wee leagues. And before someone says something about Wells moving there he just added to an already good team.

Population wise, Bradley is probably twice as big as McMinn, thus having twice as many kids in high school(s). And as far as teams, McMinn Central is a better team than Walker Valley. So, I'm not too sure of your theories.

Most Middle School programs have better coaching than various Little League programs, so that should be a big plus. I know Cleveland Middle used to run the same offense and defense as Cleveland High School when Benny Monroe coached there....so he got them as freshmen already knowing his system.

I agree with your opinion of Bradley County politics though. It's as bad there as I've seen at any place. I live in Bradley County and sent all 5 of my children to school in McMinn County primarily for that reason.

I read this on Friday morning and then when I was at the ballgame in Friday night I thought of it again. Sort of like when the referees gave a touchdown to Cleveland and they were not even in bounds!!! That was just about as bad as it gets.

Obviously you had a better eye on it from your seat than the ref did on the field. Even if true, hardly makes up for all the phantom penalties over the years we've seen called while at McMinn to keep the games close or to stall drives. Don't hate. You won. Move on.