Beech 7-0 @ Wilson central 7-0

Goinham

Wilson Central will win.Book it.We have the best defense,they will stop Hurd.We have the best Qb.Roundtree leads the district in passing with at least 947 yards for the year against Kenitzers 709 yds.Lets Go!

I hate to take the wind out of your sails, but I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

Roundtree is a great QB, and while he may lead the district, Hurd leads the state and nation. There's a reason for that. Stack the box, blitz, and key in on him (just like every other team has done), but Beech's offense has an uncanny ability to wear down opposing defenses. Hurd is a power back and doesn't have an off switch. He will grind and grind until he sees a tiny hole or seam, and then it's goodbye.

And contrary to popular belief, Beech has a lot more depth than Jalen Hurd. He is a phenomenal player and may stand out, but he has a lot of help around him at all times. Every (and I mean every) team that Beech has faced have come into the game with the same mindset - Stop Hurd - but it hasn't worked. There is a great amount of unity and many contributing factors on this team. Focus on him, and they'll adjust and use their other weapons. Beech is also a very strong second half team, and they will make the appropriate adjustments when necessary.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't book anything. This isn't a battle of Quarterbacks, it's a battle of who can stop who. I wouldn't book any result on this game

Wilson Central can's stop Hurd and guess what??...shhhh dont tell anybody. he is going to get the ball. Beech 28-17 if Wilson can kick field goals Edited by goodknight

I hate to take the wind out of your sails, but I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

Roundtree is a great QB, and while he may lead the district, Hurd leads the state and nation. There's a reason for that. Stack the box, blitz, and key in on him (just like every other team has done), but Beech's offense has an uncanny ability to wear down opposing defenses. Hurd is a power back and doesn't have an off switch. He will grind and grind until he sees a tiny hole or seam, and then it's goodbye.

And contrary to popular belief, Beech has a lot more depth than Jalen Hurd. He is a phenomenal player and may stand out, but he has a lot of help around him at all times. Every (and I mean every) team that Beech has faced have come into the game with the same mindset - Stop Hurd - but it hasn't worked. There is a great amount of unity and many contributing factors on this team. Focus on him, and they'll adjust and use their other weapons. Beech is also a very strong second half team, and they will make the appropriate adjustments when necessary.

right on!!!

I've had a bunch of time to think about this game and this is what I come to the conclusion of.

If Wilson Central's run defense can stop Hurd effectively throughout the course of the entire game, they'll pull out the win.

This isn't to say that Beech doesn't have other players that are dangerous and can score, but look at what Station Camp did in the first half against Beech, they stopped the whole machine. Yet, in the second half, Hurd broke loose and turned that entire game around.

Hurd is the key to the entire Beech attack (air and ground) and so far when Hurd has been effectively stopped for minimal yardage, Beech can't figure out what to do (at least that's been what I've seen).

The first half will be key as Wilson Central tends to like to feel opponents out in the first half and shut them down in the second. They won't have the opportunity to do that tomorrow night.

Here's my prediction:

If Wilson Central can stop Hurd early and hold the Beech attack through the course of the game: 24-21 WC

If Hurd breaks loose, it's going to be a bit different: 38-21 Beech

People aren't stupid. Hurd is the key to Beech's success. Stop Hurd, beat Beech. It's that simple.

finally someone makes a reasonable statement in this message board

I've had a bunch of time to think about this game and this is what I come to the conclusion of.

If Wilson Central's run defense can stop Hurd effectively throughout the course of the entire game, they'll pull out the win.

This isn't to say that Beech doesn't have other players that are dangerous and can score, but look at what Station Camp did in the first half against Beech, they stopped the whole machine. Yet, in the second half, Hurd broke loose and turned that entire game around.

Hurd is the key to the entire Beech attack (air and ground) and so far when Hurd has been effectively stopped for minimal yardage, Beech can't figure out what to do (at least that's been what I've seen).

The first half will be key as Wilson Central tends to like to feel opponents out in the first half and shut them down in the second. They won't have the opportunity to do that tomorrow night.

Here's my prediction:

If Wilson Central can stop Hurd early and hold the Beech attack through the course of the game: 24-21 WC

If Hurd breaks loose, it's going to be a bit different: 38-21 Beech

People aren't stupid. Hurd is the key to Beech's success. Stop Hurd, beat Beech. It's that simple.

The idea is simple

I disagree you need to go into game saying your gonna stop Hurd- if you don't pack the box with him he will run wild and wild and wild....

You want to stop Hurd, by making him earn and churn them yards like MJ did.. Yeah you look up and he has 200 yds but you don't want him ripping off the 30 yards runs every 4th touch of the ball...