Classifications

Omniscience

Stone definitely wanted to go east for basketball. Both coaches felt it would be an easier road to the state tournament. They were sweating bullits at the thought of going west. I do know that Cumberland County wants to go west due to the time zone issue and the fact that they already play most of the 8AA schools in most sports. It just makes more sense.

I just wish TSSAA would get the enrollment figures up so everyone can start speculating where the breaks between A-AA-AAA will be...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please explain why the T$$AA is only concerned about football classifications? I listened to B Childresslast week in an interview on classifications. Only football was spoken of. I have never understood why we have at least 50 more basketball teams in the state of TN, than football and 6 football classes and only 3 basketball. The one argument I have heard is travel, which is bull snot, as with smaller districts you could play the poeple you choose to play in your area, as you would have more open dates.

You only have three football classes, same as the basketball districts, for the regular season when most of the games are played.

District 5-AA shape up is interesting. The only team not in the already existing Seqouyah conference for little leage is Kingston. 4-AA looks brutal.

You could end up with 2 state champions in the same district, with the possiblitiy that one of those state champs finishes 3rd or 4th in the district.

Edited by Abijah

Doesnt matter about cumberland now, according to other thread we missed the cutoff and are still 5A despite having 115 less students than last time and having less than half the students that others in our district have. This system is so stupid why schools that have 1000 are forced to play schools with over 2000 is beyond me. Stone is going to be moved up and maybe livingston too. They were on the cutoff line in the otger thread. CC and Stone most likely will both be 6AAA.