Chattanooga Area Top 10 Senior Boys Basketball Players 12-13

soufpaw

Sadik Spence Steadmon Ford Antonio Jackson top 3 PGs in Chattanooga!!!

Well, Antonia is the best passing point as of right now. He has also shown good scoring ability in the Fall League as well as Stedmon did. Stedmon is quick and can pick defenders apart, but chucks up his share of bad shots and forces the issue sometimes although his team depends on him for his scoring. Sadik Spence has a good handle on the ball and was able to command his team last year. Now, the challenge will be how effective will he be passing wise without big man Trey Suttles because he was an inside presence for Sadik, but don't get me wrong, he has the ability to find more open people other than his bigs. So yes, those are a good 3 guards for Chattanooga. Like I said earlier, Chaison Gordon didn't look as comfortable at the beginning of the season last year but averaged 11 pts. in his last 6 games as a junior. I had the chance to watch him at a showcase at Carson Newman, he has picked up more Floor General abilities and has adapted the mid range game which he shoots very well from there. His dribbling ability has surpassed what it looked like last year and he looks more comfortable and knowledgeable about scoring and finding the open man. He'll be a talked about point guard this season along with Stedmon Ford, Antonio Jackson , Sadik Spence, Jamaal Calvin, William Long and Jorden Williams. This a good year for Chattanooga basketball once again, although this class isn't as exciting as the 2011 class, but they have their share of players to watch.

Personally, I think the top teams to watch love this year would be

McCallie, Baylor, Howard, Ootlewah, Notre Dame, CSAS, and East Hamilton.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're talking outside the city, Dakota Hudson (Sequatchie) and Jamal Worthington (Bledsoe) should have good seasons.

Sequachi lost Daniel Cartwright, Dakota Hudson doesnt match his caliber of play yet, he has much to learn to even be in this topic..

Let me totally change my view because that sounded very biased. Dakota Hudson is infact a good little ball player. He doesn't have a future in college basketball but that doesnt mean he isn't an effective high school player. Any area team would love to have a 6'4" player on their squad. Although he isnt the best baller, he is a good baseball and definitely has a future their. As for Jamal Worthington, I had the opportunity to watch him at Marion County this weekend. It seems that he grows physically every year. His althletism is growing also and he seems comfortable and knows the game well. To be even more successful than he is now, he needs to work on his 3-pt jumper.

Where is Bryce Copeland on the list?! Sadik Spence is alright, but top 3 AND not a senior? I don't think so. I also think you guys have Antonio Jackson a little over rated. He likes to be more highlight oriented which causes a lot of turnovers, not great on defense either. I would say Stedmon is the best in the city, if not the whole Chattanooga area. If vonn bell plays basketball this year he should be on the list somewhere as well.

Edited by ooltewahball