5A Quad 1 Projections after week 7

crawdad

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect to be rewarded for being Boone by no means. But I don't expect to be penalized for losing to two state ranked 6a teams. Just doesn't make sense for a team to come from a weaker conference and finish first or second but have a worse record or have not played the same caliber teams and get a higher seed. In this case Boone gets the shaft year after year because they should never beat DB or SH. Not saying it isn't possible for them to beat them but it shouldn't happen. Oh well might as well play a tougher team in the first round and grow a little bit throughout the playoffs.

For the record in 2009:

THS: Beat DB, Science Hill and Boone in regular Season

DB: Beat Science Hill

SH: Lost to DB, THS, and Boone

Boone: Beat DB and Science Hill in Regular Season. MAJOR Upset over THS in round 2

Now, it's impossible to beat DB AND Science Hill?

2010:

THS: Beat Science Hill

DB: Beat Boone, SH, and THS

SH: Beat Boone

Boone: Beat THS

It is Possible to beat DB and SH

For the record in 2009:

THS: Beat DB, Science Hill and Boone in regular Season

DB: Beat Science Hill

SH: Lost to DB, THS, and Boone

Boone: Beat DB and Science Hill in Regular Season. MAJOR Upset over THS in round 2

Now, it's impossible to beat DB AND Science Hill?

2010:

THS: Beat Science Hill

DB: Beat Boone, SH, and THS

SH: Beat Boone

Boone: Beat THS

It is Possible to beat DB and SH

Didn't say it was impossible, said that it should never happen. DB and SH were both in rare down years and Boone came out of nowhere. It was the first year of a new conference and everyone was kinda getting a feel for each other. But thanks for bringing up that Boone knocked out the top ranked Vikings in the castle, but I wouldn't call it much of an upset. Stubbs just got out coached and players thought they had it won before they took the field. Although I could see a similar thing happening if Boone and TH play in the playoffs. Similar scenario, I could see it being bad for Boone.