Dresden at Huntingdon

tricklician

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan-wise it will again be Dresden against the world (as usual.. ha!) as it seems hardly anybody likes the once-lowly Lions winning and always predict against us and undersetimate us... just the way we like it! THE GAME of the year no doubt for both teams, and even though we both have almost identical offenses and both great defenses, due to Dresden having WAAAY more depth and weapons than folk realize, and since the Lions feast on and get stronger on those who predict their demise, and with the Lions playing with a BIG chip on their shoulder from last year, yes, Dresden will once again "shock" everyone and find a way to win over the worthy Mustangs. Watch and see. Long way to Cookeville, but it won't surprise me at all if Lions end their 2A "life" as Champs this year, then begin their 1A existence next year with a bright future there. icon_cool.gif GO LIONS! thumb[1].gif ... We'll see how well Huntingdon does in 2A and if they can brag and boast there. Time will tell! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Dude now how do you figure your team is the underdog? Your the #2 ranked team in 2A, your team is 9-0 and your last years state runner up. If anyone is the underdog it's Huntingdon! Yes some people are picking us to win but that certainly doesn't mean your team is the underdog.

As for us playing in 2a? We ain't no stranger to that division, we won our championship and our silver in that division and to be quite honest we might could have won it all last year in that division. We did spank y'all and you were in the title game.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dude now how do you figure your team is the underdog? Your the #2 ranked team in 2A, your team is 9-0 and your last years state runner up. If anyone is the underdog it's Huntingdon! Yes some people are picking us to win but that certainly doesn't mean your team is the underdog.

As for us playing in 2a? We ain't no stranger to that division, we won our championship and our silver in that division and to be quite honest we might could have won it all last year in that division. We did spank y'all and you were in the title game.

The computerized polls is one thing, but in the minds of fans is another, and in people's minds, outside of Dresden we rarely get any respect nor credit and are the perennial underdogs to any decent teams regardless of records/polls, we need to change our name to Dresden Dangerfields.. lol, we never get any respect (for younger crowd, that's a reference to old-timey comic Rodney Dangerfield's routine). And Dresden just became the #1 Team in 2A thanks to Boyd-B losing last night. Our job just got tougher, as Mustangs will be REALLY motivated now to whoop us good, even worse than last year. We will see if Dresden IS the best or not. I, of course think so, ha, but it won't be long now until everyone sees! Wow, this game just got real interesting and very exciting indeed! Dresden does respect Mustangs and we hope ya'll always win, except against us. lol. We really thought you'd win it all last year. And ya'll no doubt will do good in 2A as well. We hope all 1A-5A class teams in our area win it all (no 6A near here), it draws attention to us all, and college recruiters as well to this NW Tenn. area, THE power-hub of Tenn football. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY!

To all fans coming to the game. in the school lunch room before the game. A Stew dinner will be served and the funds will go to help the Jimmy Taylor family. ( Wife Ginger)

No need to eat at McDonalds or Wendy's.

Thanks for the info I will eat at the school bad he has alzheimers disease what time will it be do you know?

The computerized polls is one thing, but in the minds of fans is another, and in people's minds, outside of Dresden we rarely get any respect nor credit and are the perennial underdogs to any decent teams regardless of records/polls, we need to change our name to Dresden Dangerfields.. lol, we never get any respect (for younger crowd, that's a reference to old-timey comic Rodney Dangerfield's routine). And Dresden just became the #1 Team in 2A thanks to Boyd-B losing last night. Our job just got tougher, as Mustangs will be REALLY motivated now to whoop us good, even worse than last year. We will see if Dresden IS the best or not. I, of course think so, ha, but it won't be long now until everyone sees! Wow, this game just got real interesting and very exciting indeed! Dresden does respect Mustangs and we hope ya'll always win, except against us. lol. We really thought you'd win it all last year. And ya'll no doubt will do good in 2A as well. We hope all 1A-5A class teams in our area win it all (no 6A near here), it draws attention to us all, and college recruiters as well to this NW Tenn. area, THE power-hub of Tenn football. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY!

Boyd got beat by a 4A school last night so I would dare to bet they will still be #1 in the state. Dresden wont get enough votes to be #1. Maybe with a win next Friday they can make some believers out of the voters. Not that it matters the only poll that counts is the last one.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Boyd got beat by a 4A school last night so I would dare to bet they will still be #1 in the state. Dresden wont get enough votes to be #1. Maybe with a win next Friday they can make some believers out of the voters. Not that it matters the only poll that counts is the last one.

, I am going by the current rankings here on CoachT, http://www.coacht.co...90&groupid=23,1, (he has all 82 teams in Class A, which is all of 1A and 2A on here), and his Top Ten is Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage 1 Dresden 9-0 100.00% 2 Moore County 9-0 100.00% 3 Adamsville 9-1 90.00% 4 Boyd Buchanan 8-1 88.90% 5 Coalfield 8-1 88.90% 6 Friendship Christian 8-1 88.90% 7 Gordonsville 8-1 88.90% 8 Grace Christian 8-1 88.90% 9 Greenback 8-1 88.90% 10 Hampton 8-1 88.90%

but we all KNOW you gotta win on the field. Time will tell, but the perennial "hated" and "disrespected" ones, the Dresden Lions ARE winning and may yet shock everyone. "IF" we win it all no doubt there will STILL BE folk who spin it around and retort we not deserve it, that it a fluke win. ha. It amazes me how disconnected and discombobulated some folk can get in their thinking, not just in sports, but in all of life.

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Guest hevyrevy1611

WOW>> I a newbie on here, and have been looking around CoachT.. this is a GREAT site with lotsa stuff! Impressive for a "free" site. KUDOS to whoever the webmaster(s) are. THANK YOU for this site! And I may need to stand corrected on who is favored to win in Lions vs Mustangs... here on CoachT it is 68.4% saying Dresden wins and 31.6% think Huntingdon will. It not scientific, but ain't that sumin? ha! http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/bigones/realtime.cfm . Methinks these folk are BRILLIANT, just genuises who are favoring Dresden! thumb[1].gif

WOW>> I a newbie on here, and have been looking around CoachT.. this is a GREAT site with lotsa stuff! Impressive for a "free" site. KUDOS to whoever the webmaster(s) are. THANK YOU for this site! And I may need to stand corrected on who is favored to win in Lions vs Mustangs... here on CoachT it is 68.4% saying Dresden wins and 31.6% think Huntingdon will. It not scientific, but ain't that sumin? ha! http://www.coacht.co...es/realtime.cfm . Methinks these folk are BRILLIANT, just genuises who are favoring Dresden! thumb[1].gif

You might win as Dresden is a great team but dont forget you all thought you had it in the bag last year and then only played one half.