Dresden at Huntingdon

tricklician

A realistic observation. This game is at Paul Ward. I'm going to say history will repeat itself and Huntingdon will have a full house. Dresden's stands will be about half empty. Huntingdon will hit Dresden like they haven't been hit this season. Being hit in front of a packed home side won't be much fun. Dresden will lie down rather early and Huntingdon will pour it on them. TIFWIW

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A realistic observation. This game is at Paul Ward. I'm going to say history will repeat itself and Huntingdon will have a full house. Dresden's stands will be about half empty. Huntingdon will hit Dresden like they haven't been hit this season. Being hit in front of a packed home side won't be much fun. Dresden will lie down rather early and Huntingdon will pour it on them. TIFWIW

I'm old what is TIFWIW?

Yep your right we were the odds end favorite to win it all and we laid an egg. But had either Wayne County or Huntingdon been in 2A Dresden would not have made it to the dance because both were better than Dresden. Bottom line is that on any given year any class A school that makes it to the championship game could give any 2A school all they wanted and then some. Talent level usually isn't that different between the two.

Great assesment mustangpop2012. My Rebels have gone deep in both classes and I'd dare say it was tougher in 1A for us at the time. In those years as it likely is now, there were more top of the line teams in 1A.

However all of that has nothing to do with Friday night in Huntingdon. Honestly has nothjiong to so with the playoffs this time either. It's another year. NO ONE is a shoo in because they are 1A or 2A. It's all tough.

I can tell from the posts on here that the Dresden fans do not have the confidence we have here in Huntingdon. Dresden you better pray West Carroll beats McKenzie or your playoff Quad will have a seismic shift. My Mustangs will not lose another game this year. There are only 2 teams left that have a chance of beating us: Gordonsville and South Pittsburg. I smell a gold ball in the air.

Wow, I really can't believe you would post that! I know you don't speak for all Mustang fans.......that's not confidence, that's arrogance.

Back when Huntingdon was dropped down to 1A there were a few Huntingdon posters who like you were all full of themselves and predicted a yearly Gold Ball as long as ya'll were in 1A. How's that worked out for you? Some said last season for sure???? No cigar!

Gordonsville and South Pitt among others over that way are more than a handfull. Wise fans as with wise teams take things one game at a time and don't look down the road or the road might stop much sooner than expected.

Your mouth (fingers) may well be writing a check that ya'll can't cash. Slow down and enjoy the ride however long it lasts.