Henry County at Dickson County battle of the barrel

jhall615

DC's RB is quietly having a great season right now. Top 5 in the state according to Max Prep. He's only a junior. Also, they have 7 or 8 underclassmen starting on D, which is why I don't expect a dropoff next year.

I've heard good things about him and I believe your team is a good one. It's too bad that your team has no confidence in their ability to beat HC because this would be the year to do it. We are a VERY YOUNG team that will be MUCH BETTER next year and I still expect us to go deep in the playoffs this year...maybe all the way. It will be TOUGH and right next to IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to beat us twice this year.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most regulars on the Henry County threads know that Red Warrior is a brilliant though sometimes fractious and opinionated poster. He loves to bait newcomers into arguments that they cannot win either due to the merit of his position or his refusal to not have the last word. It seems that jhall615 already has a hook in his upper lip.

GO BIG RED

Do you know what kind of bait he uses? I can't get any bites today. Maybe it is too windy.

@factsonly. NE quaterback didn't beat HC he turned arond and handed it to a fullback that ran it off tackle the majority of the game. And still I'm sure they didn't come into the game thinking they could not win.

The difference is that NE hasn't lost five in a row to us and six out of seven....and only one score was a humiliation...not several like our games with DC. DC KNOWS they can't beat us because of the last several years we have DESTROYED them...that's not the case with NE. Their minds weren't already made up like DC's minds are....I coached for 30 years...much of this game is within the minds of 15-18 year olds...and the 15-18 year olds on the DC team have HUGE doubts in their ability to beat us!!!!!

@factsonly. NE quaterback didn't beat HC he turned arond and handed it to a fullback that ran it off tackle the majority of the game. And still I'm sure they didn't come into the game thinking they could not win.

Oh, I missed your point, sorry. They all said it was the quarterback that is going to the vaunted University of Tennessee to play as a quarterback. I was thinking he was our problem. I'll hang up and listen.

The only thing that Red Warrior has said that has made any sense is that he expects a decent game.

FactsOnly:

1 Winning percentage for Dickson County opponents this year is 0.369

2 0.369 would be a very good batting average in baseball

3 Vaunted means "widely or highly praised"

4 Dickson County can do little about their strength of schedule

5 Dickson County's margin of victory against common opponents of Henry County is 23.4

6 Dickson County has a very nice football facility

7 A bye week allows more time to recover from certain injuries than a non-bye week

8 Dickson County's margin of victory has been unusually large

9 Dickson County has a history of suffering great losses to Henry County when they are undefeated (circa 1980)

10 Henry County's margin of victory against common opponents of Dickson County is 41.4 (see #5 above)

11 but, but, but . . . you can't compare teams by their common opponents

The difference is that NE hasn't lost five in a row to us and six out of seven....and only one score was a humiliation...not several like our games with DC. DC KNOWS they can't beat us because of the last several years we have DESTROYED them...that's not the case with NE. Their minds weren't already made up like DC's minds are....I coached for 30 years...much of this game is within the minds of 15-18 year olds...and the 15-18 year olds on the DC team have HUGE doubts in their ability to beat us!!!!!

And with that being said its probably the reason your not coaching. Do you really believe the things that your saying lol come on now.

FactsOnly:

1 Winning percentage for Dickson County opponents this year is 0.369

2 0.369 would be a very good batting average in baseball

3 Vaunted means "widely or highly praised"

4 Dickson County can do little about their strength of schedule

5 Dickson County's margin of victory against common opponents of Henry County is 23.4

6 Dickson County has a very nice football facility

7 A bye week allows more time to recover from certain injuries than a non-bye week

8 Dickson County's margin of victory has been unusually large

9 Dickson County has a history of suffering great losses to Henry County when they are undefeated (circa 1980)

10 Henry County's margin of victory against common opponents of Dickson County is 41.4 (see #5 above)

11 but, but, but . . . you can't compare teams by their common opponents

Great Facts and your right comparing common opponents wont prove anything. Unless you look at the FACT that DC is still undefeated.

Oh, I missed your point, sorry. They all said it was the quarterback that is going to the vaunted University of Tennessee to play as a quarterback. I was thinking he was our problem. I'll hang up and listen.

He is far from a quarterback. I think he is going to play as a d-back at UT.