Henry County at Dickson County battle of the barrel

jhall615

Good game HC...as I said earlier in the week, this game would be won in the trenches and HC whipped us on both sides of the ball. This game could have been a little closer if DC's off. coordinator would have tried to throw the ball a little more in the first half because running game not clicking thanks to HC's defense.HC won by not making mistakes and DC did!! What was up with the HC fans on the field after the game with the toilet paper? Come on people, this was not a state title game, show some class.

Probably some of the students. You know how that can be. Either way, good luck to the DC Cougars.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the Patriots also, should make plenty of noise in the playoffs. I have been telling people all season long that just because of the loss to Beech don't think that HC is lacking in pride and hunger for another state title run. The Northeast game was a fluke, if HC had all of the key plsyers playing that night, outcome would have been different. We will see you guys next year in Paris!!

How is Hurd's injury from a couple of weeks back looking? We'd still love another shot at the Bucs and that unstoppable force you have in the backfield.

He should be good to go by playoff time. He didn't dress tonight and probably won't next week against Gallatin. Apparently, it was just a slight separation with no serious damage. Maybe a blessing as it gives him a chance to rest and gives some of our other skill guys a chance to get better for the playoff run. I still think HC is the class of West TN. Good luck to you the rest of the way. Do you think ya'll will end up in quad 3 or 4?

He should be good to go by playoff time. He didn't dress tonight and probably won't next week against Gallatin. Apparently, it was just a slight separation with no serious damage. Maybe a blessing as it gives him a chance to rest and gives some of our other skill guys a chance to get better for the playoff run. I still think HC is the class of West TN. Good luck to you the rest of the way. Do you think ya'll will end up in quad 3 or 4?

Good to hear. Hate to see any player go down, especially one with his talent. As for what quad we end up in, it's hard to say right now. Good chance of us going west, but you'd have to ask QBClubPrez, he seems to know what's going on. He's been pretty much guaranteeing us to the west for a few weeks now.

First and foremost- that was an unbelievable atmosphere tonite in Dickson! That is what high school football should look like- especially between 2 fierce yet respectful rivals!

DC fans- keep us posted on the young man (56) who left in the ambulance with an arm injury! Hope he can return but it certainly did look favorable!

I still believe Quad 4 will be HC's home in the playoffs. I further believe this if Clarksville wins next week. Dyer Co. & Memphis East are in danger of not qualifying at all therefore positioning Henry Co. further in the most western quad. Of course, this is simply my opinion.

Lastly- Dickson has one of the finest men leading their program as well as a super Athletic Director! Collectively, we hope to announce an event to further grow our rivalry, fellowship, fan involvement, & overall enjoyment of this fun weekend in the near future! Best of luck to the Cougars in November!

P.S. I didn't see the toilet paper incident when I was on the field- we kept kids/fans away from the Cougar post game huddle in an effort to respect their privacy after a tough defeat...

I really had to think long and hard before I decided to post again. I know I said I would never post again on this site however I felt compelled to say something about what happened after the game last night. The rudeness of the Henry County players, parents, fans, etc was unbelievable. It saddened my heart to see how everyone from Henry County came out onto the field right in the middle of the Dickson County players and cheerleaders as they were singing their alma mater. They were cheering so loudly you could not hear DC sing. How rude!!!!! The way the HC fans, team, etc. acted during this time was incredibly rude in my opinion. I understand everyone was celebrating the win against DC. (By the way congrats to HC) This response to your win further causes my utter disdain for the HC team, fanbase, etc. . I am sure their were fine upstanding citizens that were God fearing people that went out on the field but they didn't act like it last night. If you haven't figured it out; I really don't like Henry County now.