DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version) 2012-13 R U Ready 4 This?

dgeeman

Well official practices are about 2 weeks away and games about 1 month away. There are a lot of questions to be answered, predictions, and dreams. We'll throw out a few for everyone to think about and we'll look for some clean, good-natured kind of comments. This will be my last year to moderate this line of postings cause my boy is a senior (sniff, sniff)

I made a good call about DCA being a "Team of Destiny" from 6th in the Region to State Champions I don't think anyone saw that coming but maybe a handful of DCA faithfuls...but that was last year and this...is this year...so what do you think?

Will the Middle/East Region dominate the West in the State Tournament in 2013?

What do you think about the new divisions in both of the Regions?

What teams will be impacted the most by the Graduation Class of 2012?

Who are the new coaches this season?

Who are the key players for each team?

Early season "key matchups"?

How many posts will it take before "Big ENS" chirps in? (How many licks does it take to get to the center of a "Tootsie Pop"?)

Well there is a few questions to get us started...throw out a few more if you gottem!

Will look for some great posts throughout the year. Keeping them clean for another season.

Gman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny BigENS! It took the Wise Owl 1,2,3 licks to get to the center of tootsie pop and you usually just one post to make it to the center of controversy. We'll be looking forward to some of your enlightening posts throughout. It's almost like you are chomping at the bits to at some of our boys! I'm not gonna stray much from our division but will a little for your sake on this one post. I would say your team has a good chance to repeat in DII-AA this year and actually got a chance to watch a few of the 16's play with the Franklin Fury this summer Trent Holt and Brycen Hopkins (both good kids)...where is your competition coming from this season?

Briarcrest. BA has talent but horrible coaching, MBA has great coaching but not alot of talent. JPII has some talent and a decent coach, they will be fun to watch.Nichols is a beast and they could give us a run. Your league from what I saw this summer will be FRA hands down out of the East with no one coming close. Marberry is a special player and is starting to want it which is going to be scary. Knox Webb is well coached and has some decent talent so they could make a little run. USN has the Nash kid who will score in bunches but no supporting cast. Also have a new coach. DCA lost alot but has a nice core with Joy, Ewin, and Outlaw back. Out west Lausanne has Payne but he is a head case and will lose his fair share of games all by himself. ECS is HUGE and I would love to see a Rob M vs. Skal L matchup. Harding has an awesome coach so you can never count them out.

Not bad BigEns...should let you moderate this post. I think I'll just throw in a few lines and hope some others want to join in. Gonna soften it up a little to keep things more positive.

Briarcrest. BA has talent but horrible coaching, MBA has great coaching but not alot of talent. JPII has some talent and a decent coach, I like JP II and the coach a class act...they have been young but with some kids who have matured and their style of play...much like your team I think. You are right, " they will be fun to watch." Nichols is a beast and they could give us a run. Your league from what I saw this summer will be FRA hands down out of the East with no one coming close. I agree with you here...I thought they were the team to beat last year but with maturing guards and all their big guys they have to be the favorites. Marberry is a special player and is starting to want it which is going to be scary. I have seen enough of Rob Marberry lately and you're right he's hungry and his coach loves to feed him...so look for huge numbers this year from Rob. Knox Webb is well coached and has some decent talent so they could make a little run. USN has the Nash kid who will score in bunches but no supporting cast. Also have a new coach. DCA lost alot but has a nice core with Joy, Ewin, and Outlaw back. Out west Lausanne has Payne but lose their fair share of games. ECS is HUGE and I would love to see a Rob M vs. Skal L matchup. Harding has an awesome coach so you can never count them out. I think you are right on with some of your commentary here. It's gonna be fun to play against some of these teams....we'll check with you again after a few games are in the bag. Till then....keep it clean!

Briarcrest. BA has talent but horrible coaching, MBA has great coaching but not alot of talent. JPII has some talent and a decent coach, they will be fun to watch.Nichols is a beast and they could give us a run. Your league from what I saw this summer will be FRA hands down out of the East with no one coming close. Marberry is a special player and is starting to want it which is going to be scary. Knox Webb is well coached and has some decent talent so they could make a little run. USN has the Nash kid who will score in bunches but no supporting cast. Also have a new coach. DCA lost alot but has a nice core with Joy, Ewin, and Outlaw back. Out west Lausanne has Payne but he is a head case and will lose his fair share of games all by himself. ECS is HUGE and I would love to see a Rob M vs. Skal L matchup. Harding has an awesome coach so you can never count them out.

I think it would not be wise to count out DCA. Coming off a state title run and with a strong group who played a big part in that returning. To me they would be the team to beat. FRA is talented but we beat them on more than one occasion last year. Coach Ramsey has won two state titles and several games over the years so I would say with our strong nucleus and coaching we should definately get some consideration.

Predictions:

Division II-A - FRA and it's not even close - They underachieved and choked last year and should be hungry this year. But that's why you play the games.

Division II-AA - Briarcrest and Ensworth would be the favorites. Briarcrest with Nichols will be solid. Ensworth's pressing style with Corn, Fleming, and a new crop of athletes will be tough for 32 minutes.

Predictions:

Division II-A - FRA and it's not even close - They underachieved and choked last year and should be hungry this year. But that's why you play the games.

Division II-AA - Briarcrest and Ensworth would be the favorites. Briarcrest with Nichols will be solid. Ensworth's pressing style with Corn, Fleming, and a new crop of athletes will be tough for 32 minutes.

Not sure how FRA underachieved and choked last year. They lost in a substate game where their best player sat for almost two quarters because of a team rule. Player got a tech and the rules are you get a tech you sit the quarter and the next. That was a big loss and the Memphis team got hot. So once again not sure they choked. I do belive they will breeze through their region and their only real competition will be from the west.

'Blasphemy DCaNation! Here's a quote before the State Tourney! Bottom line is the hottest team wins!!! And yall ca rry the hottest win streak in Div II-A. There is your love! :) But this is after FRA was knocked off. You got to admit you would not expect a team that finished @ 6th in their Region to make such a incredible run.

You have the hottest team DCA who has won 5 straight post season victories they have to be the favorite. USN and Harding have 2 straight post season wins. And Knox Webb traveled west to knock off the #1 seed in the West. If all these teams aren't believing they can win it all...then they should be there.

Hopefully it will boil down to who is playing the best this weekend and not dependent on those guys in the stripes.

May the best team win!

gman

You guys still have a good nucleus of players left. The return of the Joy will help with the loss of your senior guards so it may very well be a very dominant East/Middle Division again this season in the State Tournament. Been watching the Outlaw boy play on Saturdays...a good player but a better young man. Been getting tired of watching the oblong ball outside...ready for some round ball! Keeping it Clean!

Gman

I have never posted before, but it's hard to continue to read the blatant disrespect for teams and coaches. FRA should be favored to win the region. They have size and the guard play should be better this season. But to say that they will roll everyone is crazy. Knoxville Webb has a great coach and so does DCA. These schools will make it a game at the very least because of coaching. Both schools have proven it over the years. I take nothing from FRA because they to have a good coach. I would just refrain from giving them the region championship until they earn it

Well, I hope it won't be your last post thundercat. I don't know that I really seen any blatant disrespect for any teams just yet. Bottom line is that most of the teams on each side of the WEST or EAST/MID will play their games vs region and non-region opponents and hope at the end of the season they hold one of the coveted spots to vie for a spot in the State Tournament...once you are one of those teams then you hold the key to become the State Champion for Division II - A.

We don't hear a lot about Knox Webb, however, would love to hear more. I know they have Burton Sampson who is an awesome player...I saw him last year almost pull a victory from Ezell by nailing consecutive 3 pt shots within less than 30 secs of each other...a fallen clipboard was the difference in that game. However was really impressed with the other half of that combination as well..he likes to drive somebody help me out. They will be in the mix for sure you are absolutely right. And they have no problem re-loaded year after year.

Hey here's a question for you out there...I am not sure if this is only new for the East/Mid but how will the divisions affect the season and who out there knows how the end of the season playoffs are affected?

Somebody throw out the new divisions per the East/Mid.

Hey just a heads-up a few of our DII-A players are wrapping up a nice little tune-up league out at CPA tomorrow Saturday October 27th. Game are from 9am to 1pm.

Some of the top scorers from the Division II-A players include:

Rob Marberry FRA 32.0 /pg

Carson Outlaw DCA 14.8 /pg

Liam Nash USN 14.0 /pg

Austin Gee Ezell-Harding 12.6 /pg

Well we are only a couple of weeks away...

Keep it clean!

Gman