DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version) 2012-13 R U Ready 4 This?

dgeeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously BigENS,

You gotta do the math on this one. We lost 3 senior starters last year which accounted for 75% of our points, one player that would have started defected to LaVergne, one to Nashville Central, and two decided to quit. We definitely got some new faces...a lot of freshman which bodes well for the future if they stay around...hopefully we'll compete but we'll take a little love from you anytime we we can get it!

That being said....gotta have at least 3 new faces in the lineup this year!!!

I like the new Big Guy!

Basketball season starts in 6 more days!

Go Eagles!

And keeping it clean!

Edited by dgeeman

The last game of the TN Prep Sports League was cancelled due to some of the teams turning in their rosters for their H.S. According to the commissioner it could have made some eligibility issues so he decide to err to caution and all the final games were cancelled. Enjoyed the league for the past 3 years...it certainly aids in getting the high schoolers ready for their upcoming season.

Seriously BigENS,

You gotta do the math on this one. We lost 3 senior starters last year which accounted for 75% of our points, one player that would have started defected to LaVergne, one to Nashville Central, and two decided to quit. We definitely got some new faces...a lot of freshman which bodes well for the future if they stay around...hopefully we'll compete but we'll take a little love from you anytime we we can get it!

That being said....gotta have at least 3 new faces in the lineup this year!!!

I like the new Big Guy!

Basketball season starts in 6 more days!

Go Eagles!

And keeping it clean!

I think they might be referring to the possibility of some new transfers from Cane Ridge HS or Antioch HS. I've spoken with some players on Ezells team and they have said there are 2 new kids who transferred but they are not sure if they are eligible to play this year.

I think they might be referring to the possibility of some new transfers from Cane Ridge HS or Antioch HS. I've spoken with some players on Ezells team and they have said there are 2 new kids who transferred but they are not sure if they are eligible to play this year.

No actually I was referring to BigENS...he's the big guy I am talking about. I think he might be finding a soft spot for the Eagles :). Hey maybe we could be the Ensworth of Antioch. Wonder if they will send us some extra money for a little extra construction! LOL this is getting away from basketball.

Keeping it light and clean!

Gman

I am referring to the rumor about new kids at EH coming from the two HS in Antioch? Not sure what Geeman is on or where his two posts are coming from. Ezell becoming the Ensworth of Antioch, whoa put down the pipe!

I am referring to the rumor about new kids at EH coming from the two HS in Antioch? Not sure what Geeman is on or where his two posts are coming from. Ezell becoming the Ensworth of Antioch, whoa put down the pipe!

While Ezell has gotten some kudos for its baseball fields in recent years we hardly match up to the fine campus that you have at Ensworth...though for the money in the area it does have a some nice things going for being the bargain priced private school in the area. Just trying to get the Big Guys good size. Gomer Pyle said it best, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." The Eagles open up with Coffee County on Tuesday! Glad the season is finally upon us. There are a lot of new faces at the school this year and many on the basketball team. At least three of them will be starting to go along with the two seniors left on the team.

Keeping it clean!

Gman

Wow, looks like USN is going to be in for a long season. Cannot believe they have fallen so far so fast. State runner ups last year to a 42 point blowout opening night loss. I feel bad for Liam Nash, I think he is a pretty good player but it looks like he doesnt have any supporting cast to help him out.

Mr. Gee, What Happened last night?

A couple of our players and coach Dismukes were there and said it was a pretty intense game. Obviously Austin had a good game but giving up 91, whoa! Also heard Coach Farmer was furious with the refs, his team, and at one point was even yelling at the other teams coaches and bench.

Hey there DCAnation,

Well while most of us have tipped off the season the little run yall are making in Football has delayed the start of your basketball season for a game or two or three. Wouldn't put it past you guys just to go ahead and finish ranked #4 in football and just decide to win another state championship with another miracle finish like in basketball last season. Good luck tonight vs Knox Webb as we know miracles do happen. In talking with Carson and Joshua I know they are chomping at the bits to play some round ball.

Thanks for jumpstarting the talk on this thread. Well I wouldn't worry about USN too much, keep in mind they were playing a very good opponent in Hillsboro...I believe with their front line they are pretty far up the food chain. I believe they are ranked #8 in the midstate so that is a unfair game to make a judgement on. USN and Ezell I believe are in the same boat this season. It's called rebuilding for those underclassmen but for our two seniors it is called trying to leave the program something from which they can build on. For Liam at USN it is probably the same thing.

Coach Sonn has a good looking team out at Goodpasture, their point guard, Jalen, I believe, Christian Lynn and Chris Kennedy (yall are familiar with Chris of course) played well and their big guy Trevor Randolph had an excellent game. And they went 10 deep without much loss. I think GP will show well this season..if they play like that every night.

We are a very young team with 6 freshman of 12 that dress for varsity and a few jrs which are practically all new to the basketball program...there's a lot of learning going on...unfortunately because they are learning on the court...there's gonna be a lot of yelling...I would be disappointed if the coach was not yelling. Goodpasture was the better team on the floor last night. Though the outcome would have been the same, everybody on the Ezell side was yelling at the refs last night...me included. They were inconsistent, out of position, even gave us a few stupid calls, but seemed to like the guys in blue...that's why yall do so well when you play in our house...

Doubt if Coach Farmer yelled at Coach Sonn. Too much respect there..but didn't see that...however I did notice that Coach Sonn was standing close to the sideline one time...so close that he grabbed a loose ball in the air right before one of his own players was about to save it...with some good slight of hand he might have picked my own son's pocket on a dribble or two last night. (just kidding)

Hey and thank Coach Dismukes and the boys for coming out. We need the revenue.

We actually subbed early in this game and their subs extended the lead...but it was easily a 20 pt win for them.

All in all...it's all still good.

I think yall will match up better against Goodpasture. Though you lost two key guards in Erickson and Johnston, you had Joshua all healed up, move Carson from 6th man to a starter and Voila! You guys don't have to rebuild but only re-load. Give me an update on that game on Monday.

Edited by dgeeman