DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version) 2012-13 R U Ready 4 This?

dgeeman

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. We are hoping for another miracle run, which will probably have to happen to win tonight. That is why they play them though. We have had a really good run ever since we got rid of one of our coaches and the other stopped bickering on here. Anyways, anxious to see how the regions is going to pan out. FRA will obviously be the team to beat with Knox Webb having a good team to. I still believe USN will be in for a long season, Liam is a very good player but with no supporting cast I just do not see them doing well. Good luck with your upcoming games.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there DCAnation,

Well while most of us have tipped off the season the little run yall are making in Football has delayed the start of your basketball season for a game or two or three. Wouldn't put it past you guys just to go ahead and finish ranked #4 in football and just decide to win another state championship with another miracle finish like in basketball last season. Good luck tonight vs Knox Webb as we know miracles do happen. In talking with Carson and Joshua I know they are chomping at the bits to play some round ball.

Thanks for jumpstarting the talk on this thread. Well I wouldn't worry about USN too much, keep in mind they were playing a very good opponent in Hillsboro...I believe with their front line they are pretty far up the food chain. I believe they are ranked #8 in the midstate so that is a unfair game to make a judgement on. USN and Ezell I believe are in the same boat this season. It's called rebuilding for those underclassmen but for our two seniors it is called trying to leave the program something from which they can build on. For Liam at USN it is probably the same thing.

Coach Sonn has a good looking team out at Goodpasture, their point guard, Jalen, I believe, Christian Lynn and Chris Kennedy (yall are familiar with Chris of course) played well and their big guy Trevor Randolph had an excellent game. And they went 10 deep without much loss. I think GP will show well this season..if they play like that every night.

We are a very young team with 6 freshman of 12 that dress for varsity and a few jrs which are practically all new to the basketball program...there's a lot of learning going on...unfortunately because they are learning on the court...there's gonna be a lot of yelling...I would be disappointed if the coach was not yelling. Goodpasture was the better team on the floor last night. Though the outcome would have been the same, everybody on the Ezell side was yelling at the refs last night...me included. They were inconsistent, out of position, even gave us a few stupid calls, but seemed to like the guys in blue...that's why yall do so well when you play in our house...

Doubt if Coach Farmer yelled at Coach Sonn. Too much respect there..but didn't see that...however I did notice that Coach Sonn was standing close to the sideline one time...so close that he grabbed a loose ball in the air right before one of his own players was about to save it...with some good slight of hand he might have picked my own son's pocket on a dribble or two last night. (just kidding)

Hey and thank Coach Dismukes and the boys for coming out. We need the revenue.

We actually subbed early in this game and their subs extended the lead...but it was easily a 20 pt win for them.

All in all...it's all still good.

I think yall will match up better against Goodpasture. Though you lost two key guards in Erickson and Johnston, you had Joshua all healed up, move Carson from 6th man to a starter and Voila! You guys don't have to rebuild but only re-load. Give me an update on that game on Monday.

Here is some of the scoring for FRA vs Smith Co.

Kessler Bell 20

Chance Bouldin 9

Kenny Cooper 16

Connor DeJean 2

Rob Marberry 14

Dalton Ponchillia 11

Tori Smith 5

Wayne Tansil 2

I know in the previous game vs Hume Fogg Chance Bouldin scored 17 and Tori Smith had about 8 I believe. FRA was 20+ winners in both of their contests thus far. Congratulations to Kessler Bell for taking his game to the next level at Flagler University...which I believe is somewhere in South Florida. I saw Tori Smith last year in the game vs Knox Webb in semis of the Region lead his team to a victory...with Ponchilla and Cooper I think they are good with guard play.

Edited by dgeeman

• 2 weeks later...

Well we gave it our best shot last night to open our season with Goodpasture. I was expecting a little more from them, but our guys played extremely well. Had a couple of chances at the end but they made just enough plays to close it out. I am interested to see how we fare against our league. We basically have six guys that are Varsity with the remainder of our bench being our JV. Coach Ramsey was throwing everything he had at them last night. Saw a couple of Ezell guys in the crowd, I'm sure you got a good report.

Well after watching FRA hand it to us the other night I can see why this post is not getting alot of love. FRA should roll to a state title this year. Their only real competition will come from the teams in Memphis. I wish we would of been at full strength but either eay they played a great game and we were flat. Not alot to talk about when Ezell seems to be struggling with all of those new "recruits" in, USN is a total bust and seems to get blown out nightly, DCA will struggle without a bench. The only real competition FRA might have in region will be Knox Webb who I still do not think can handle them. We on the other hand need to get it together quickly or it will be a long season for us as well.

BigENS, I would say that judging any team this early would be a mistake. Most Schools that had a football team make a deep playoff run will experience a slow start to the basketball season. Of course, if your team is still struggling come January you are in some trouble. So don't count out the Nashville schools just yet. Good coaches will find a way.

Well after watching FRA hand it to us the other night I can see why this post is not getting alot of love. FRA should roll to a state title this year. Their only real competition will come from the teams in Memphis. I wish we would of been at full strength but either eay they played a great game and we were flat. Not alot to talk about when Ezell seems to be struggling with all of those new "recruits" in, USN is a total bust and seems to get blown out nightly, DCA will struggle without a bench. The only real competition FRA might have in region will be Knox Webb who I still do not think can handle them. We on the other hand need to get it together quickly or it will be a long season for us as well.

I watched part of that game too and I'm not sure it would've mattered in the end if all their players were there or not. FRA played really, really strong. Rob Marberry was, well big and Chance Bouldin too...Then there's an army behind them. Ensworth has the Fleming boy and he's solid but he couldn't carry them. Having another body on the court may have lessened the spread but thats about all. Corn or not they don't have the depth to counter FRA. Marberry was like 10 for 11 or something like that--played half the game--sat down when they were up 40.

I may agree with you that the teams in the middle and east need to step it up. I'd say that after the Christmas tournaments they better be in shape or not far from it.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

Well, I had to look back to 3 pages till I found this post. So let’s get this thing jumpstarted and keep it going to the end of the season. Don’t make me have to get BigENS involved to get the talking going. J

The other day a parent asked me, “Where have you been dgeeman, I haven’t been able to keep up with our Region, you need to talk a little to keep us up on what’s going on in the Division II East/Middle Region.

Well here I am and here I go.

Well after a month worth of play…you can kinda get a feel of things to come…but don’t forget…it is never the start, and while the middle is good, the season is all about the finish to get the Gold Ball…just ask DCA.

I don’t like talking about our team much…but at 5-5…it is about a much as we could expect for a team with so many new players. Our seniors are playing well. Zion Mckinney is doing a great job as our defensive stopper and Austin is doing a great job with the young guys. Two 1 pt losses to Hume Fogg were agonizing…but hopefully we can learn from both of those games. We did knock off previously undefeated Sewanee on Tuesday. We have a key matchup versus Davidson Academy tonight.

Obviously FRA is playing well (5-2) , as they always do they play a tough preseason. A big win at Ensworth, losses to Father Ryan and JPII are their only blemishes. As they should be they are being led by their “bigs†Rob Marberry 15.6, Kessler Bell 12.3 and Chance Bouldin 11.7 and they are getting good output from Ponchilla, Cooper, and Smith. They have to be a favored team…however…around town…look for DCA to give them some trouble…they always do.

So what about DCA…well it looks like they have found another player to add to their mix. Who is Clay Hertel? He is leading their team in scoring 15.8, Joshua Joy 15.0 and the newcomer of 2012 Carson Outlaw 13.9. DCA is 7-1 with only a narrow loss to Goodpasture early in the season. They have a huge game with Knox Webb tonight at Knox Webb. Though it is early it is a big game that could eventually put one of the teams in the drivers seat for the regular season championship…crazy to be saying that…but the truth is…both are among the few teams that actually have a chance.

Knox Webb…I am gonna have to wait till we play them…but they are good! There is not going to be any doubt about it. Burton Sampson is a great player and the other guard has a lot of length and skill so we’ll know more after the DCA/Knox Webb game tonight. What is that guard's name I am thinking about?

I will say that USN appears to have only two players…Hood and Nash. Without any big guys they will struggle. We (Ezell) only beat them by nine so I don't know what that says about us? Both are good players but without any support they will draw most of the attention of all the defenses.

And Sewanee, well this team is much improved. They seem to have a little length and some pretty good guard play. Unlike previous teams our game actually went to the 4th quarter before the subs came out…that has been a little different than the past.

That’s it for now…hope to see some talking. It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Basketball

Merry Christmas!

Gman

Hey Everyone!

Well, I had to look back to 3 pages till I found this post. So let’s get this thing jumpstarted and keep it going to the end of the season. Don’t make me have to get BigENS involved to get the talking going. J

The other day a parent asked me, “Where have you been dgeeman, I haven’t been able to keep up with our Region, you need to talk a little to keep us up on what’s going on in the Division II East/Middle Region.

Well here I am and here I go.

Well after a month worth of play…you can kinda get a feel of things to come…but don’t forget…it is never the start, and while the middle is good, the season is all about the finish to get the Gold Ball…just ask DCA.

I don’t like talking about our team much…but at 5-5…it is about a much as we could expect for a team with so many new players. Our seniors are playing well. Zion Mckinney is doing a great job as our defensive stopper and Austin is doing a great job with the young guys. Two 1 pt losses to Hume Fogg were agonizing…but hopefully we can learn from both of those games. We did knock off previously undefeated Sewanee on Tuesday. We have a key matchup versus Davidson Academy tonight.

Obviously FRA is playing well (5-2) , as they always do they play a tough preseason. A big win at Ensworth, losses to Father Ryan and JPII are their only blemishes. As they should be they are being led by their “bigs†Rob Marberry 15.6, Kessler Bell 12.3 and Chance Bouldin 11.7 and they are getting good output from Ponchilla, Cooper, and Smith. They have to be a favored team…however…around town…look for DCA to give them some trouble…they always do.

So what about DCA…well it looks like they have found another player to add to their mix. Who is Clay Hertel? He is leading their team in scoring 15.8, Joshua Joy 15.0 and the newcomer of 2012 Carson Outlaw 13.9. DCA is 7-1 with only a narrow loss to Goodpasture early in the season. They have a huge game with Knox Webb tonight at Knox Webb. Though it is early it is a big game that could eventually put one of the teams in the drivers seat for the regular season championship…crazy to be saying that…but the truth is…both are among the few teams that actually have a chance.

Knox Webb…I am gonna have to wait till we play them…but they are good! There is not going to be any doubt about it. Burton Sampson is a great player and the other guard has a lot of length and skill so we’ll know more after the DCA/Knox Webb game tonight. What is that guard's name I am thinking about?

I will say that USN appears to have only two players…Hood and Nash. Without any big guys they will struggle. We (Ezell) only beat them by nine so I don't know what that says about us? Both are good players but without any support they will draw most of the attention of all the defenses.

And Sewanee, well this team is much improved. They seem to have a little length and some pretty good guard play. Unlike previous teams our game actually went to the 4th quarter before the subs came out…that has been a little different than the past.

That’s it for now…hope to see some talking. It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Basketball

Merry Christmas!

Gman