1 Grainger

2 Greenville

3C D

4South Greene

5Cumberland Gap

6Claiborne

7West Greene

Grainger has some strong players including Guard

Holt can shoot well and good defense on the perimeter.Also Post Bates is very physical player and can pull down boards at will.

Although my hometown Chuckey--doak is pretty good,they can't stand up to the Grizzlies.

My player of the year is Trevor wright from Greenville

My dark horse is Chuckey--doak, they will be impressive this year

Grainger lost 4 starters including their three leading scorers. PG is good player, don't remember his name, but doesn't score much. They have size Greeneville, Chuckey-Doak, and CG return the most players. It will be interesting to see what happens. I'll pick Greeneville, Gap, And Chuckey Doak.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Greeneville, Grainger and CD. I think Greeneville will be improved. They did lose a few guys I think but should still be at the top. Grainger lost some guys from last years team but from what I remember they have plenty in the wings waiting to get in. CD lost one of their big guys but after that I think they return everyone. If the coach can get everyone to play together and under control I think they might have a chance this year.

Well I don't have incredible knowledge on a couple of teams, but here are my predictions.

1.greeneville

2.Cumberland gap

3. Grainger

4.CD

5.Claiborne

6.South Greene

7.WG

Player of the year: tweed from SG

Dark horse: CD

I'm interested in what others think

If the Tweed kid you are referring to is Daniel Tweed, he graduated last year. I could be wrong, but South Greene will be very down this year. The kid named Bo is returning, but he is the only kid I can recall who received significant minutes last year who did not graduate. That being said, Coach Hoese is scrappy and always puts a good team out there. We'll see if that trend continues this year.

1. Greeneville

2. Grainger

3. Cumberland Gap

4. CD

5. Claiborne

6. West Greene

7. South Greene

I don't think West Greene will fight for the title this year, but I do think they can be a dark horse in the respect that they can jump to 4 or even possibly (long shot) to 3. I was impressed with their improvement last year in comparison to watching the boys when they were younger. Furthermore, Coach Douglas is fiery and has the boys playing harder than I've seen a West Greene team play in awhile. Don't shoot or condemn me on here, but I see a lot of similarities between Coach Douglas and Coach Case in the effect that they came into struggling programs and are progressively making their sport more relevant at the school again. Coach Case's resurrection of football at West Greene is pretty much complete, and I think within a few years we will see something similar at West Greene if Coach Douglas hangs around. I don't expect this team to move mountains this year or even come close to competing for the championship, but I do think that they will be far better than expected upon face value.

If Chuckey Doak returns their point guard from last year (the shorter kid with short blonde hair), they could make some serious noise. Doak's post play impressed me last year - not necessarily how they could pound it, but instead how poised they seemed with the ball in their hands. That being said, I only saw a few games so I could be wrong.

Edited by ExtraPass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...