Region 4a Basketball

swanson71

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very excited with the team Jackson County will put on the floor this year. My picks for district 7A is 1-Jackson County 2-Clarkrange 3-Clay Co 4-Pickett Co 5- Monterey Would like to hear your breakdown of 7A and 8A swanson. I can speak for Jackson Co : Returning with a strong senior class this year from last years state runner-up team. 6'4 center Makenzie Hensley and F Brooklyn Apple are two out of the senior class with the most experience. Also in the senior class is PG Tiona Pruitt, who will most likely split time with incoming freshman PG McKenzie Flynn. Very good freshman class incoming for JC with PG Flynn and F Kassidy Allen. Junior Katie Hall and Sophmore Lindsay Phillips will also log big minutes this year. Last but not least Junior Kentucky commitment Jaycee Coe looks to break out this year and become the superstar she is capable with the loss of two very good college signed guards from last year in Caroline Warden (MTSU) and Hope Scantland (Tn Tech). Jackson County is going to be much deeper this year, with most of the time only playing 6 most of last year. Would like to hear some breakdowns of other teams.

Edited by bob77

7A:

#1 - Jackson County

#2 - Clarkrange

#3 - Pickett County

#4 - Clay County

#5 - Monterey

8A:

#1 - Red Boiling Springs

#2 - Gordonsville

#3 - Friendship Christian

#4 - Trousdale County

#5 - Watertown

As far as the region goes I would say that JC and Clarkange are head, shoulders, and maybe a leg or 2 better than the rest of the district. I put JC at #1 but reluctantly! They return Coe and Hensley, but losing their Warden and Scantland is 2 huge losses, Warden was as good a PG i've seen and Scantland huge on defense and you'll see as the year goes along that those 2 losses are going to hurt. That team we all saw Clay County with last year in the state championship game is gone as they lost quite a few seniors so I put PC higher than Clay. Look at PC's regular season schedule from last year! PC was a scrappy team that give teams fits: Clay County only beat them by a total of 7 points in 2 games, LA only beat them by 13 in one game, and York only beat them by 14. I saw all of those teams play and those where some very good basketball teams! 3 years ago they lost a whole bunch of seniors so basically had to start over the year before last and has improved from one year to the next and I expect that will continue. Also they play a brutal schedule: LA twice, JC twice, Crange twice, York twice so come tournament time I would not want to play them, they'll give JC or Crange fits in the semis in the district and region tournaments, I think they're not only the 3rd best team in 7a but in the region. RBS had some injuries from last year that'll be back, they only lost 1 senior, I hear we're getting a pretty good player so I look for them to be improved. People may have their opinions about how Coach White doesn't play a tough enough schedule, but he's a good coach reguardless and from the first half of last season to the 2nd half that team improved a lot! If i'm correct TC and Gville lost some seniors so I do expect RBS to win this district for a 3rd time in 4 years! I heard FCS got them a pretty good basketball player, but their team in general was pitiful last year i'm not sure how much it'll help! I wonder if Teeter is going to come back and play this year, if she comes back that might boost them up to the best team in the district, with how weak the district is it only takes 1 or 2 players to make a last to 1st difference. For the last 2 years Watertown has won 16 and 18 games finish the district in 5th and 4th and I don't see much changing.

7A:

#1 - Jackson County

#2 - Clarkrange

#3 - Pickett County

#4 - Clay County

#5 - Monterey

8A:

#1 - Red Boiling Springs

#2 - Gordonsville

#3 - Friendship Christian

#4 - Trousdale County

#5 - Watertown

As far as the region goes I would say that JC and Clarkange are head, shoulders, and maybe a leg or 2 better than the rest of the district. I put JC at #1 but reluctantly! They return Coe and Hensley, but losing their Warden and Scantland is 2 huge losses, Warden was as good a PG i've seen and Scantland huge on defense and you'll see as the year goes along that those 2 losses are going to hurt. That team we all saw Clay County with last year in the state championship game is gone as they lost quite a few seniors so I put PC higher than Clay. Look at PC's regular season schedule from last year! PC was a scrappy team that give teams fits: Clay County only beat them by a total of 7 points in 2 games, LA only beat them by 13 in one game, and York only beat them by 14. I saw all of those teams play and those where some very good basketball teams! 3 years ago they lost a whole bunch of seniors so basically had to start over the year before last and has improved from one year to the next and I expect that will continue. Also they play a brutal schedule: LA twice, JC twice, Crange twice, York twice so come tournament time I would not want to play them, they'll give JC or Crange fits in the semis in the district and region tournaments, I think they're not only the 3rd best team in 7a but in the region. RBS had some injuries from last year that'll be back, they only lost 1 senior, I hear we're getting a pretty good player so I look for them to be improved. People may have their opinions about how Coach White doesn't play a tough enough schedule, but he's a good coach reguardless and from the first half of last season to the 2nd half that team improved a lot! If i'm correct TC and Gville lost some seniors so I do expect RBS to win this district for a 3rd time in 4 years! I heard FCS got them a pretty good basketball player, but their team in general was pitiful last year i'm not sure how much it'll help! I wonder if Teeter is going to come back and play this year, if she comes back that might boost them up to the best team in the district, with how weak the district is it only takes 1 or 2 players to make a last to 1st difference. For the last 2 years Watertown has won 16 and 18 games finish the district in 5th and 4th and I don't see much changing.

Who would've thought you picking red bubbly...homer

You might get a little surprise when it comes to yr rankings...only time will tell

Who would've thought you picking red bubbly...homer

You might get a little surprise when it comes to yr rankings...only time will tell

Not a homer just picking where I think, if I remember right I didn't even pick us last year to win it and had us picked around 2nd or 3rd, which we ended up finishing 3rd. RBS lost probably our best defensive player to an ACL tear last year so she should be back, and RBS only lost 1 senior. I think I nailed 7a on the head, but 8a the teams are so evenly matched I could be completely wrong!

Not a homer just picking where I think, if I remember right I didn't even pick us last year to win it and had us picked around 2nd or 3rd, which we ended up finishing 3rd. RBS lost probably our best defensive player to an ACL tear last year so she should be back, and RBS only lost 1 senior. I think I nailed 7a on the head, but 8a the teams are so evenly matched I could be completely wrong!

Who was the injury?

Thought there was two srs? Guard and a post.

This is me going on hearing talk from last year..

Know you are a little more clued in with girls ball.

Thought going in it'd be

Gville

RBS/TC

Wtown

FC