The best QB and RB combo in 1A?

TheNewGuy

Gordonsville's QB Watson and RB Cason run downhill on EVERYBODY! The only disadvantage that this duo has, in regards to the Mr. Football awards, is the fact that they rarely ever see play in the second half of games. In the last game against Clay Co., they left the game with 6 minutes to go in the second quarter. Their already impressive numbers would be much, MUCH greater if they had the opportunity to play every game, all game. Thankfully though, the coaches don't want to rub it in the opponents face by putting 70 or 80 pts on the board every game. To me, we've shown a great amount of sportsmanship this year. If there is a "Sportsmanship" award given by the TSSAA, Gville's coaches should get it, which to me is justified because that is the only reason that either Watson, or Cason fail to win Mr. Football back, and Coen, or Payne fail to win Mr. Football lineman, because they don't get to pile up video game numbers (which they almost have anyway).

Do yourself a favor this year; when your team is eliminated from the playoffs, come watch this Gordonsville team play. They're a great bunch of kids. Only once in a blue moon, (unless your South Pitt) do you get a group like this in 1A ball.This team could've duplicated their record this year (9 and 1 after Thursday) playing a 3a or 4a schedule. Every position is two-deep with quality Seniors, except RB Cason, who is a junior.

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS !!!!!!

I'd like to see them play....a lot of people bragging on them this year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come watch Gordonsville play South Pittsburg, it will be EPIC!

iv'e seen you guys play 2 times this yr and my opinion ya'll beat sp and going 2 be suprised if u don't bring home the gold ball. A very talented team. With watson and cason u got to bring ur saftey and corners up to stop the run and when u do watson can through over the top of u. So u have to pick ur poison...whoever beats them is going to have to phyiscal beat them up front to stop the run. Edited by diesel28

Watson and Cason have combined for 2347 yards 35 TDs and are averaging 10 plus yards a carry. Watson has over 700 passing yards and 6 TDS. So the two have combined for over 3000 and 41 TDs. The fullback Nic Payne rarely gets the ball but he is one of the better blocking backs I have seen this year. While I think South Pitt has the best backs (3 guys than can go the distance from anywhere) I feel Gordonsville has the best RB/QB combination.

They need to add the option to there paybook would be another weapon

I completely agree, but nobody asks me. A couple things I'd like to see that would be very dangerous on defenses.

1. When a defense plays 8 or 9 in the box against Gville, and it will happen in the playoffs or the other teams aren't even trying to win, a GREAT addition to the playbook would be on the jet sweep that they run 30 times a game, leak a tight end out across the grain to the weak side. He'd be wide open almost every time because the D is so focused on trying to stop the Gville rushing attack.

2. I'd like to see Peyton Watson take just a little more time and make accurate throws. He has all the time in the world behind that O line; it's not about showing off your arm strength, its about accuracy. Many times this season when they've tried to hit the tight end over the middle, he's ALWAYS wide open, but over half the time Watson tries to be Favre and it ends up on the ground. When someone is wide open, take just a fraction longer and lay the ball in there. He's better than he has shown this year in the passing game. I hate when every deep out looks like he's throwing a hail marry, even those passes can be better thrown. No offense to A.J. Long at Friendship, but most of his passes don't look like touch, they look like they've just been thrown up for grabs and pray your receiver comes down with it, his do, but Gville's may not, the deeper we go.

Of course I'm nitpicking, because they are really good even if they continue with what they've been doing. I'm just hoping we have a plan when it isn't going like we want it. We are a "here we come, try and stop us" kind of team. Well, what happens if someone does? But then again, If it ain't broke,,,,?

I'm just hoping we have a plan when it isn't going like we want it. We are a "here we come, try and stop us" kind of team. Well, what happens if someone does? But then again, If it ain't broke,,,,?

I understand what your saying here. Perry County was that same type of team last year, the "Here we are try and stop us team" We'll Wayne County and Huntingdon did just that and we had no alternatives after they broke what no one else had. So my advice to y'all is to have alternatives if someone starts breaking what no one else had. Good Luck to Gville this year, It's time y'all beat SP and heaven knows I don't want Huntingdon to win at anything ever.

I know its hard to stop an gville may have it in there playbook with that line an big fb the dive would gain 4 to 5 yds a pop easy not to say when watson pulls it with him an rb kid with so much speed i dnt think it could be stopped then hit em with the ole option pass

Edited by biggest