McMinn Central @ Alcoa

alcoachoochoo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody in the state knows who Alcoa's football and basketball coach is. I doubt anyone outside your district knows your coach's name! What I am getting at is that Coach Rankin is a legend in this state and a national coach of the year. He is well respected and a very good man! Everyone should know that he would not make comments that were fictious! I will agree that it is sad that it has got to this point with all the talk on the internet, but can we all agree that we all disagree...and both sides just move forward? Both sides have has thier say and its obvious we will never agree! Lets just all say good luck to both teams in whatever sport they are playing next!

Exactly C5. When your almighty coach refuses to shake kids hands and bashes a program and someone writes it without all the facts, yeah I think our feathers can be ruffled. We know Alcoa and we know your program and it has a storied tradition. Watch though when Rankin sees he may not have a powerhouse he leave you high and dry. I have always posted positive post about your team. Rankin lost all respect when he did what he did.

"Rankin added later: “I considered not shaking hands with them, let’s put it that way."[/

Did Alcoa not shake hands ?? Newspaper article just says he considered it ???

Rankin did not. His kids did.

Can someone tell me if Alcoa never uses a cut block inside the line play or on a pulling guard? I doubt it cause it is football. MC did not cut block all night, just in certain situations. Be ready cause Sweetwater will do the same thing. If they don't lay down for you then they will take the role of the dirtiest ever seen. Truth is maybe Rankin knows a weakness is discovered. Don't lay down and be intimidated and just keep bringing it. HOPE CAK USES MCENTRAL FILM IF THEY PLAY ALCOA RD3.

alcoadaddy and alcoachoochoo...... If all you have to brag about is you having a walgreens, well kudos to you. we may not have a walgreens, but we do have class. there's no wonder your boys have no class. "putting me on a stretcher" WOW! thats pretty dirty and classless to speak of your son in such a way. but why should i be surprised? i am letting my emotions get the better of me, so i do apologize for the nasty comments I have made. what makes me so angry is that Rankin is a highly regarded coach and has had exceptional talent and success at Alcoa. I was shocked and amazed at Rankin and his teams actions on the field, and then to beat it all, he goes to the paper and cries and whines totally fictitious comments. all he had to say after the game was how the Chargers played a hard fought battle and earned much respect for their performance on the field. Its obvious Rankin was not prepared the way he should have been, nor were his players. The fictitious comments he made were totally uncalled for. i wish only the best for alcoa in their remaining games. the best alcoa deserves after last nights performance is to be pounced on by the wilcats, but better than that, live another day to take a whooping from.............CAK!