Hillsboro and Overton

cdm2003

This was the best game I've seen all year, and I am so glad to prove all of you guys wrong. I can't believe that all of yall thought that Overton was going to beat Hillsboro. Overton just isn't on Hillsboro's level yet, but they played a very good game and almost won.

Hillsboro 2002 State Contenders, yeah I said it.

Guest OvertonFan

Domonique- I know you were right about Hillsboro winning. You won't hear any lame excuses from this Bobcat fan. And yes I know you have bragging rights and all. But to say that Overton is not on Hillsboro's level yet? Come on man, give me a break. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Both teams played a hard fought game and I would bet that there were just a few scared Burros when Hillsboro's punt was blocked and Overton took over at the 23 yard line. Hillsboro was the better team on this night, but Overton is definately on Hillsboro's level. And as far as the level of honor and class, you just proved that the Burros aren't quite on Overton's level just yet. Congratulations to all the Burros out there, you guys played very well in the best game I've seen all year long. Hopefully we will meet again in the playoffs.

How about an unbiased opinion from an unbiased observer? Mean Jean the first was at the game tonight and saw two equally matched teams line up and play some smash mouth football! While most were talking about the offenses of these two powerhouses, it was both team's defense that excelled! These two teams are strong, fast, quick, come off the ball like gang busters and hit like there ain't no tomorrow! This is high school football at it's finest!

Personally, I thought the big differance in these teams, and it was a BIG advantage, was in the kicking game of Hillsboro! Dang that boy can boot the pigskin! GREAT GANE!

And thanks to Stan Trott for a great meal and Coach T for the GREAT back rub! Wheeeeeeeee!

Aren't you the same guy who was talking about Hillsboro's fans, and you want to talk about class. The reason why I'm so happy about the victory over Overton is because the whole time the students and players at Hillsboro knew that we were going to bring the heat. You guys were comparing our score with yalls against other teams, and that meant nothing. Yall were getting hype off those blowouts that yall were winning over no one while we were just focused on winning the game.

Guest OvertonFan

Domonique-No one from Overton was talking trash at all this week or after the game. And I wasn't talking about Hillsboro's fans, I was talking about you, one fan. Now as for getting hyped about all of our blowouts, I and other people were just using those numbers to prove to you and other Hillsboro fans that Overton did belong at the same level and that Overton was going to "bring the heat" too, which we did.

What about when hillsboro was going through pregame stretch and the overton student body started talking trash. If i remember right it was something like " O fridge O fridge Fridge stinks!". First thing that doesnt show much class,and Second how smart was that to ###### off a 260lb monster like fridge.

Overton fans talked a little bit too much trash. It made me mad how much stuff Overton fans and players were talking, but obviously they couldn't back it up because they came up shourt at the end of the game. At the game those guys with the letters B.O.B.C.A.T.S. on their chest had ran on Hillsboro's side holding up Overton signs and tried to run through some Hillsboro guys. Unfortunately the didn't make it to the other side without getting hit upside the head with a couple of cold drinks.

As i said it Hillsboro would win and they did but let me set the record straight, Hillsboro has the best team but Overton is on the same level as them but it was Hillsboro's big game experince that provided the win but Overton is right there. Im glad for both team and thanks for a good football game. Also im a maplewood panther fan but good football is good football.

Well, this was definately one of the best games I have ever been a part of, but there is one thing that really sticks out in my mind, and I think anybody else with very much football knowledge will agree.

1) A very touchy sideline violation call on Overton on 4th and inches very early in the ball game.

At the time of this call Overton was driving deep in

Hillsboro territory. The call completely changed

momentum and was unneccessary due to the fact that

Overton was trying to call a timeout. If Overton scores

right there it is a whole different ball game.