Anderson County at Ooltewah -- 1st Round 5A Playoffs

TomJoad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, and thanks for the feedback. Good luck to East Hamilton (assuming I've guessed correctly). We're kind of limping into this one with the injury bug hitting us lately. I think if we play like we did against Oak Ridge and manage to get a couple of turnovers we'll be alright. But if we are lackluster then all bets are off. So let's go MAVS!

Thanks, and thanks for the feedback. Good luck to East Hamilton (assuming I've guessed correctly). We're kind of limping into this one with the injury bug hitting us lately. I think if we play like we did against Oak Ridge and manage to get a couple of turnovers we'll be alright. But if we are lackluster then all bets are off. So let's go MAVS!

The Owls are good, but can play sloppy at times, They beat us and played great then turn around and layed an egg at Cleveland.

The Mavericks will need to come out strong and ready but cautious. Hang on to the ball and get the passes off. The Mavs can do this. Score quickly and often. The key will be the defense they will have to grow up this week for this game. They are tough enough but they will need to show just how smart they are too. I firmly believe Ooltewah will turn over the ball. The mavericks will need to capitalize on this. Mavs need to stay away from the penalties and hopefully we will have some good refs for this game. I am confident Davey and his staff will have the Mavs team maxed out; just calm down and do the job and get to round 2

Direct quote from Coach Williams to Chattnoogan.com:

“Pittman is a gift from the football gods, as far as Williams is concernedâ€.

“From about the fourth game he started figuring it out,†the coach said. “He’s a really talented zone runner and he’s got a knack for being where he’s supposed to be to make his reads and cuts, and he’s just a tough sucker. He’s hard to bring down and this is about four straight weeks that toward the end of the game we’ve seen defenders shy away from him a little bit.â€.

Direct quote from Coach Williams to Chattnoogan.com:

“Pittman is a gift from the football gods, as far as Williams is concernedâ€.

“From about the fourth game he started figuring it out,†the coach said. “He’s a really talented zone runner and he’s got a knack for being where he’s supposed to be to make his reads and cuts, and he’s just a tough sucker. He’s hard to bring down and this is about four straight weeks that toward the end of the game we’ve seen defenders shy away from him a little bit.â€.

Pittman is a gift from the football gods, as far as Williams is concerned is not a direct quote from Coach Williams. That part was written by the reporter. Just sayin'.

The Owls are good, but can play sloppy at times, They beat us and played great then turn around and layed an egg at Cleveland.

First half against Bradley Pittman was controlled for the most part with good defense and hard play. Come second half he found some cracks and bulled for a few, then started running downhill. Racked up over 200 yards total. If he gets going it's a long tough night to stop him.

Ooltewah is well coached and has good lines on both sides of the ball, and the secondary is adequate to the job, if the DL gets pressure on the QB. Their QB is Ok but won't beat you with his arm. But will make you pay if you don't play solid.