Region 1-AAA (District 1 and 2)

TommyMan37604

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be an interesting race in the 2nd half in District 1. THS & DB both won holiday tournaments. THS beat a good Siegel team & a good Fulton team as well as destroying a traditional power, albeit down, in Oak Ridge. DB beat some good local teams & appears to be coming together. South & Boone certainly will have some say too.

In District 2, it looks like West is rising, Seymour falling.

All in all, should be fun (unless you're playing SH).

Should be an interesting race in the 2nd half in District 1. THS & DB both won holiday tournaments. THS beat a good Siegel team & a good Fulton team as well as destroying a traditional power, albeit down, in Oak Ridge. DB beat some good local teams & appears to be coming together. South & Boone certainly will have some say too.

In District 2, it looks like West is rising, Seymour falling.

All in all, should be fun (unless you're playing SH).

Your right it is fun now. Don't count us out. Lot of us been waitng three years to play as a team to to win instead of playing to score.

Seymour lost to an improved Cocke County team Monday night. Seymour is lacking focus, leadership, and most of all, any spark or intensity whatsoever. Everyone is just out there going through the motions...not sure what to think...looks like a three way tie at the top now and if Seymour keeps up this play, they will find themselves at a 2 or 3 seed come tournament time. Hope something changes and someone steps up quick.

Well in our District it appears there is two teams with SH and THS that could make some noise in the post season. Seems like DB South Boone and Volunteer will shuffle spots till tourney time. I guess next Friday will be the best game of the regular season left for either team. I wonder if it will be closer than 20 since THS has not been able to keep pace the past couple of meetings. I thought DB would have given THS a better game too comming of the loss. They really had no answer for Mitchell with key players in trouble with fouls.

well Seymour has gone from being #1 in the conference to #3 in a matter of two weeks, in those two weeks...the starting lineup has been changed. not sure the plan of the coach but theres no reason to change a lineup when youre winning games...seymour had 8 turnovers in the first three minutes against sevier county...if it aint broke, dont fix it. seymour has a slim to none chance if this starting lineup stays this way.

And another loss to a pretty weak Morristown East for Seymour. Things are only getting worse. I won't miss any games, but it gets old driving to these places to see such a talented team get out coached and play so poorly. I think everyone would agree, whether its a conference game against an 0-10 team or against a 10-0 team...you put your best 5 on the floor and go for the kill off the bat. Why mess with lineups and let the weaker teams stick around and beat you...hard to understand.

Don't get me wrong, I think Seymour has a good coaching staff...but I'm just stunned as to what has happened over the past couple of weeks. This team has done a complete 180. Went from 12-3 to now 13-9 and on the brink of being middle of the pack come tourney time. They are too talented and capable for this to be happening, as a coaching staff and as a team.

What a good game last night at Viking hall. THS played the Best I have seen them play in three years. They may just pull a shocker sometime on SH if SH can't keep from turning the ball over. things seem to be locked up in the conference now with SH 1 and THS 2. What did you think about the game pancon? Anybody got some news on D2?