Fairview @ Cheatham #2

bigdaddy67

Cheatham county has not had more than 4 seniors in last 4 years, until this year. I guess alot of the kids don't like to play for whatever reason. That's why I'm so proud of these kids! They have been getting there butts whooped most of there high school careers, but they stuck together and stuck it out!

1-9

4-6

6-5

12-0

They won 11 during their first 3 years and have won 12 as seniors. 23-20 overall mark after starting 5-17 through their freshman, sophomore, and first 2 games of their junior seasons.

It's crazy that the Cubs have won 18 of their last 21 games overall.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-9

4-6

6-5

12-0

They won 11 during their first 3 years and have won 12 as seniors. 23-20 overall mark after starting 5-17 through their freshman, sophomore, and first 2 games of their junior seasons.

It's crazy that the Cubs have won 18 of their last 21 games overall.

very well seasoned,experienced and battle tested bunch of young men. glad they are having a great season. shows hard work and dedication pays off. they are a prime example.

The only thing I would care about is if a team had payed a player (or parent to steer their kid) to play for their team. Short of any tangible evidence of such a circumstance I don't see how a coach showing up in a living room gives a team an unfair advantage. What gives a team an advantage is for a bd of ed making funds available to acquire the best coach they can get. I know cheatham has in the past not put such emphasis in acquiring the best man for the job of head coach. I don't know if they had come to their senses or the coach they now have has made a particular personal sacrifice but knowing the long ago past compared to the recent past I'm glad someone has stepped up to fix what had been broken for some time. I'm certainly not going to adopt an attitude of entitlment. Football is about dedication and hard work. If after the work this team has done on the field they do not receive their due respect.. I have to question those who withhold that respect. This happened when postman insinuated that cheatham was overrated... it was obvious to me his motive was to find a reason to believe his team would prevail over ours and it was evident he could find no reason to believe it so he concocted a reason to believe... After all he questioned the strength of cheathams competition considering opponents cheatham had yet to play. Postman's team is no longer playing... Cheatham is.

Edited by tshadow

Did a Cubs fan initiate this discussion? I looked and myself, coachcraig, bigdaddy, tshadow, and CUBSPR weren't "the person" who started that subject. Personally, I could care less who CPA puts on the field and how they are put on the field. Football still comes down to running, blocking, and tackling and the team that will move on to the semifinals will be the team that does those things best this Friday night.

I promise you that if CPA wins you'll have a hard time finding a Cubs fan that uses the "private school" argument as an excuse. Cheatham lost to Lipscomb in the 2nd round of the 2005 playoffs and as far as I am aware the Cubs and Mustangs fans have always had a good relationship and haven't engaged in debates on this topic. I hope that the Cubs/Lions fans develop a good relationship as well and conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards one another during the action on Friday night.

This is what has made the games between Cheatham & Fairview so enjoyable this season. It's also what makes games between Alcoa/Maryville and Alcoa/CAK so great. Those fan bases have fun with one another but it's always done out of respect and at the end of the day there are no bad "hateful" posts left on these message boards.

I don't know if the first two posters were long term cubs fans. I know the third was.

My posts on this has been in an attempt to correct false information. I'm pretty sure that if the same were being said about the cubs that you would be correcting it as well.

Since last years game the CPA fans and CC fans have been very respectful of each other. We seem to be back on the same page now and looking forward to a great week and great game on Friday.

The only thing I would care about is if a team had payed a player (or parent to steer their kid) to play for their team. Short of any tangible evidence of such a circumstance I don't see how a coach showing up in a living room gives a team an unfair advantage. What gives a team an advantage is for a bd of ed making funds available to acquire the best coach they can get. I know cheatham has in the past not put such emphasis in acquiring the best man for the job of head coach. I don't know if they had come to their senses or the coach they now have has made a particular personal sacrifice but knowing the long ago past compared to the recent past I'm glad someone has stepped up to fix what had been broken for some time. I'm certainly not going to adopt an attitude of entitlment. Football is about dedication and hard work. If after the work this team has done on the field they do not receive their due respect.. I have to question those who withhold that respect. This happened when postman insinuated that cheatham was overrated... it was obvious to me his motive was to find a reason to believe his team would prevail over ours and it was evident he could find no reason to believe it so he concocted a reason to believe... After all he questioned the strength of cheathams competition considering opponents cheatham had yet to play. Postman's team is no longer playing... Cheatham is.

TS,

We heard a lot from Postman last week for sure. No doubt he loves his eagles. I'm not defending his opinion, I think it is way off base. You don't have to worry about respect. The Cubs have earned it and if anyone says otherwise, they don't know football.

The Smith County guys seem to know Postman well and posted more on our game than anyone else. LOL. I'm sure they can give you the run down but I wouldn't put much stock in that opinion.