7-AAA Baseball M TN

jboro

Had a chance to see Oakland play a couple games this weekend. They are solid team. looks like pitching is going to be the question mark for them. They played well against Science Hill; but got beat in the 7th. The Ward kid, pitching and SS is one of the best players in M TN. They are loaded with talent and as the season goes on, this team should get stronger. This district is going to be fun to watch.......Watched Siegel as well; and I was very impressed with what I saw out of them. They are one of the best, if not the best in this district.

Had a chance to see Oakland play a couple games this weekend. They are solid team. looks like pitching is going to be the question mark for them. They played well against Science Hill; but got beat in the 7th. The Ward kid, pitching and SS is one of the best players in M TN. They are loaded with talent and as the season goes on, this team should get stronger. This district is going to be fun to watch.......Watched Siegel as well; and I was very impressed with what I saw out of them. They are one of the best, if not the best in this district.

I saw both of them play, and Oakland has faced a lot better pitching then siegel. Science hill didn't pitch there number 1 against siegel but did against Oakland , should tell you something

Illini- You beat me to the question. I didnt think, nor do most, that LaVergne had much talent. I made it out to Oakland last night and watched them play. This is a senior loaded team that is flying under the radar. I understand there pitchers may get weaker after 3 pretty strong guys; but thats all it takes to win district series. They are well coached, and last night executed every bunt, hit and run to beat Oakland.

The winner of this district could have 4 or 5 losses

I predicted at the start of the year that 10 - 5 could win the district this year. I believe that even more after day 1. It is going to be a wide open district with lot's of ups and downs. In the 4 years of high school this is the most parity I have seen. There is no week or even game that you can take off. Things may start to shake out a little as the season progresses but if day 1 is anything like the season it will be a lot of fun to watch.

Illini- You beat me to the question. I didnt think, nor do most, that LaVergne had much talent. I made it out to Oakland last night and watched them play. This is a senior loaded team that is flying under the radar. I understand there pitchers may get weaker after 3 pretty strong guys; but thats all it takes to win district series. They are well coached, and last night executed every bunt, hit and run to beat Oakland.

The winner of this district could have 4 or 5 losses

MJ scrimmaged, Oakland, Riverdale and played Siegel and LaVergne.....

We threw a seasoned good pitcher at LaVergne, while it was 34 degrees, and he did have 9 k's they also had 2 key hits, and they swung the bats from top to bottom......

There pitching was not real good, but MJ did not hit the ball so 4-1 was the score

I agree your district is tough this year... 9AAA MJ and Beech that's it

If Lavergne keeps on winning, maybe the DNJ will eventually put a blurb about them in the 7AAA round-up section. DNJ seems to have a man crush on a few other teams in the area.

Too bad a team that's had a string of losing seasons has a surprisingly good start and gets no recognition from the local newspaper.

If they sweep Oakland, I hope the DNJ at least acknowledges it.

• Upvote 1

If Lavergne keeps on winning, maybe the DNJ will eventually put a blurb about them in the 7AAA round-up section. DNJ seems to have a man crush on a few other teams in the area.

Too bad a team that's had a string of losing seasons has a surprisingly good start and gets no recognition from the local newspaper.

Round Up Section in DNJ and Tennessean coverage is driven by calling the sports-desk at each paper with scores and details. I call the DNJ and the Tennessean after each game with information on Riverdale's wins and losses....

I agree, the DNJ has a man crush on other teams in Rutherford Co. Anyway, Lavernge is a good team; but they didnt sweep Oakland. Oakland was able to squeeze out a 1-0 win Thursday night.....This district is going to be fun to watch!!

I have also been impressed with several players in this district that I have seen so far(I know there are many more that I will get to see). Sutton, Snider at Riverdale. Ward, Hawkins and Matrone at Oakland- Johnson, lyons and Reynolds for Lavernge

Round Up Section in DNJ and Tennessean coverage is driven by calling the sports-desk at each paper with scores and details. I call the DNJ and the Tennessean after each game with information on Riverdale's wins and losses....

Did you send in the picture of Riverdale's catcher not tagging Smyrna's runner at plate in game 2. LOL Riverdale played a good series but it would have been nice to get a call like that right in 1 to 0 game.