Lebanon Head Coaching Search

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maurice Grooms. A star athlete at LHS, starter at DT at Western Kentucky, high school coach here in the mid-state for many years. They could bring in "one of their own" to rejuvenate the community and alumni base. And with Friendship going div 2 and being able to give out scholarships, the next coach at Lebanon better be able to keep the best athletes from going down the road.

The only missing part of his resume is that he has not been a coordinator or head coach, but name every black head coach/coordinator in mid-state history, not in Metro...you won't make it to two hands. Brent Alexander was a 12 year player in the NFL and couldn't get a job at his alma mater, Gallatin, and how is that working out for them?

I will freely admit that I am biased, Coach Grooms and I have been friends for many years, and I have heard him speak hundreds of times with immeasurable passion about the city of Lebanon and his beloved Blue Devils, and I believe that is time for LHS to call him home.

Lebanon people always say, "Once a Blue Devil, always a Blue Devil", well here's their chance to prove it.

McNeal has achieved all his goals on the A/AA level, now is the time for him to take on another challenge..........and he will be successful......

McNeal ain't leaving FCS. He doesn't have to teach, he is the AD, and coaches football and baseball. And gets paid better than he would in the public school system to do it.

Nobody wants to go to Lebanon because principal has no clue on athletics.

Grooms is one of Lebanon's own but that's not what qualifies him for the job. Grooms has knowledge for the game and the ability to mentor kids about football and life lessons.

As for recruiting, I personally saw Grooms walk up to a 6'2 freshman in the band and talk the boy into trying out for the football team. His rapport with players is amazing and I have never known him not to be able to have a conversation with someone. He's also been designing workout plans for LaVergne since Thomas was there. If Lebanon wants to get back to being the most powerful team in the region, then Coach Grooms can provide a path back to that.

Grooms is one of Lebanon's own but that's not what qualifies him for the job. Grooms has knowledge for the game and the ability to mentor kids about football and life lessons.

As for recruiting, I personally saw Grooms walk up to a 6'2 freshman in the band and talk the boy into trying out for the football team. His rapport with players is amazing and I have never known him not to be able to have a conversation with someone. He's also been designing workout plans for LaVergne since Thomas was there. If Lebanon wants to get back to being the most powerful team in the region, then Coach Grooms can provide a path back to that.

Maurice.............you be dreaming!!popcorneater.gifLebanon has NEVER been the most powerful team in the region............tell me when??