Sullivan North (11-1) @ Elizabethton (10-2) Quarter Finals

EHSTrack06

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as these two teams know each other, there shouldn't be any big surprises on the field. With that being said, what do you guys see as the keys to this one? (I'm trying to get a little talk going...this board is pretty quiet.)

The way I see it, the key for an EHS win is stopping Rowe's runs. I think he keys their entire offense. Not taking anything away from North's other backs, but if 7 can be neutralized, the others just aren't as effective.

If North is going to win, I think they have to tackle Thomas. When he can get rolling and pick up big yards, it lets EHS use Turner on defense (which is definitely needed).

When Rowe got outside or tried to turn the corner in the last game, Turner and Moore were there to wrap him up. He was not a factor running last game. The cyclones got good Penetration up front and they stopped those guards pulling from doing what they wanted to do. I think our linebackers are better and understand what they get to do when they are one on one with the backs. They meet them in the holes with Authority. The OLB of Elizabethton are as fast and as strong as I have ever seen. They set the edge very well and that causes a big traffic jam and not many yards are gained. The Cyclone offence will get their yards and if they can get a body on Rowe with some downfield blocks it will help. He made 50% of the tackles last game most after the Elizabethton backs made it past the first and second d levels. Elizabethton's D is much better now then they were in week 4. I don't know Turner was still nursing an injury and he is at 100% Moore showed there was nothing wrong with his legs last game and he can catch and make plays with the brace from his elbow. Elizabethton needs to not let North have the big plays, had North not returned that Kickoff back it would have been a blowout. But momentum shifted and Elizabethton had to come back. Put your best d players on the kick off team. 40, 30, 18, 20, 7, 81, 24, 67, 25, 21, and the kicker. Get those sophomores off there for the last games.

I don't know he is a sure tackler and has good range and is in shape. I've never seen him winded. Besides how often does the other team kickoff anyway. not many times this year. But if anything I'd replace him with his little brother 33. He has good speed could be the fastest on the team behind 7, and 20. He has been the go to player on the JV along with 44. Those two would be OK.

Edited by CyclonePrider