Sullivan North (11-1) @ Elizabethton (10-2) Quarter Finals

EHSTrack06

The last time i checked when you win the game that means you beat the team you played!! As far as the kid getting thrown out he got what he deserved. Since when do you protect yourself by kicking the other kid in the head, all the refs saw it. North played way too dirty last night. By no means was there any home cooking, sounds like you are trying to make excuses. YOU GOT BEAT DEAL WITH IT!!! actually we beat you twice this year. GO CYCLONES!!!

There isnt anything to cry about we whipped you guys all over the field and you know it, yeah it doesnt matter on anything but the scoreboard, which is fine. Football is measured in allot more things than winning and loosing. Last night we defined as a team, as a school and as a community that we will not give up, we will not waiver and we will not give in. You want to discuss bogus calls; what about taunting when our QB rolls into the end zone looking around for his blockers... Dirty.. dang that is the pot calling the kettle black. Dirty for you guys starts at your school administration level, in the form of stealing flags from 16 yr old kids, Kinda of like a trickle effect. Last time I reviewed the game of football, when you step on the field, your not dealing with fairies and rainbows; its a war. Just like raiderdad advised the second punch, kick, cuss, throat punch (betsy likes to peform those) is the ones that gets you kicked out. You honestly think anyone cares from either side of this contest about each others feelings uh NO... So you guys won congrats; a city team wins a game over a small community. Great job good luck next week.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazzled Im thinking that was the thoughts in Wittens mind in the fourth quarter as we rolled up 15 points and 2 point conversion in a little over two minutes.

Sure thing, next week we will be there on time to watch the greatest ariel show this side of Mississippi. CAK/ Charlie High and company gonna light that scoreboard up. Load 9 in the box on these guys and see what that gets you.. Then you can take a seat with me on the "couch" the next week. Congrats good luck..

Dad I will have to disagree with you on the suspension, are you saying a conference championship means nothing to Elizabethton? Appeal smeal rules are rules and norris found a way around it. Witten would have never let that kid play anyway no matter who he was. He had a three year starter at linebacker and one of last years leading receiver that violated team rules and they were kicked off the team...they then went to HV and played their senior year. It made the team better and made them a team. I read in the paper about all the infighting you guys were doing that you tried to stop at halftime. Our kids are one team, one family. That is the lesson they will take with them in life, yours were just given a lesson in how to get around the system, and it does not pay.

Dazzled Im thinking that was the thoughts in Wittens mind in the fourth quarter as we rolled up 15 points and 2 point conversion in a little over two minutes.

Sure thing, next week we will be there on time to watch the greatest ariel show this side of Mississippi. CAK/ Charlie High and company gonna light that scoreboard up. Load 9 in the box on these guys and see what that gets you.. Then you can take a seat with me on the "couch" the next week. Congrats good luck..

Hate all you want the fact is we won even when mighty north came back and tied Betsy.I bet you were one of the guys that were bad mouthing the elizabethton players after we beat you guys the first time and by the way we are happy for these kids and all the hard work they have done over the last year and say what you want Betsy has a good team and nothing you say changes that.

By the way your on the couch a week earlier than Betsy.

There isnt anything to cry about we whipped you guys all over the field and you know it, yeah it doesnt matter on anything but the scoreboard, which is fine. Football is measured in allot more things than winning and loosing. Last night we defined as a team, as a school and as a community that we will not give up, we will not waiver and we will not give in. You want to discuss bogus calls; what about taunting when our QB rolls into the end zone looking around for his blockers... Dirty.. dang that is the pot calling the kettle black. Dirty for you guys starts at your school administration level, in the form of stealing flags from 16 yr old kids, Kinda of like a trickle effect. Last time I reviewed the game of football, when you step on the field, your not dealing with fairies and rainbows; its a war. Just like raiderdad advised the second punch, kick, cuss, throat punch (betsy likes to peform those) is the ones that gets you kicked out. You honestly think anyone cares from either side of this contest about each others feelings uh NO... So you guys won congrats; a city team wins a game over a small community. Great job good luck next week.

Are you kiddin me, each team played well and we won TWICE. You say your team and community and school defined, what that you will let a suspended player play when he shouldn't. Thats terrible. Even Hampton didn't let three starters (starting quarterback was one)play when they got in trouble. What kind of message does that send these kids. i say again the refs tried to help you all win and you just couln't get it done, and north played way too dirty last night. you were off sides on both on-side kicks so you actually were never in the game with us. the refs missed both calls. definitly come out next friday and enjoy the game, we can use the extra gate and concession money. WE ARE STILL IN IT!!! GO CYCLONES!!!!!

THANKS TO THE REFS YOU TIED THE GAME.

I see no reason to rag on either team after what was a hard-fought and exciting game. In the end, the game could have gone either way. The Cyclones had the game in hand with just over 4 minutes to go. I think both the players and coaches may be guilty of "warming up the bus" a little early. North deserves credit for imposing their will and scoring 15 unanswered to force overtime. I thought the officiating was decent, but pretty even with both teams getting some questionable flags. Betsy had 3 points taken off the board early on a questionable holding penalty. North had a big play nullified on a similar call if memory serves me. As for the player ejection, the kid just exercised poor judgment. There was no "first punch" from the EHS player (as I was standing very near the play and had an unobstructed view). It appeared the North player was annoyed when the Cyclone tackler didn't let go as quickly as he felt he should or maybe words were exchanged. The Raider player in turn hit the Cyclone player in the back at least 2 times. This was ill-advised as the line judge was standing right on top of the play. Regardless of the rule, I felt the refs could has exercised some discretion and only assessed a penalty without the ejection. Obviously emotions are running high in a game of that magnitude and I believe that should be considered.

Are you kiddin me, each team played well and we won TWICE. You say your team and community and school defined, what that you will let a suspended player play when he shouldn't. Thats terrible. Even Hampton didn't let three starters (starting quarterback was one)play when they got in trouble. What kind of message does that send these kids. i say again the refs tried to help you all win and you just couln't get it done, and north played way too dirty last night. you were off sides on both on-side kicks so you actually were never in the game with us. the refs missed both calls. definitly come out next friday and enjoy the game, we can use the extra gate and concession money. WE ARE STILL IN IT!!! GO CYCLONES!!!!!

Actually they must have missed three off sides calls we got three onside kicks They missed the taunting call and the personal foul penalty at midfield and the holding calls to the interior of our defensive line. Refer to raiderdad post for explanation of "Suspension". I do want to thank you; you have just made me realize with the economy as it is today I need to spend my money wisely and get the best entainment value I can, so I will be going to John Battle to watch their game, cause yours is going to be a blowout.. Good luck.

I see no reason to rag on either team after what was a hard-fought and exciting game. In the end, the game could have gone either way. The Cyclones had the game in hand with just over 4 minutes to go. I think both the players and coaches may be guilty of "warming up the bus" a little early. North deserves credit for imposing their will and scoring 15 unanswered to force overtime. I thought the officiating was decent, but pretty even with both teams getting some questionable flags. Betsy had 3 points taken off the board early on a questionable holding penalty. North had a big play nullified on a similar call if memory serves me. As for the player ejection, the kid just exercised poor judgment. There was no "first punch" from the EHS player (as I was standing very near the play and had an unobstructed view). It appeared the North player was annoyed when the Cyclone tackler didn't let go as quickly as he felt he should or maybe words were exchanged. The Raider player in turn hit the Cyclone player in the back at least 2 times. This was ill-advised as the line judge was standing right on top of the play. Regardless of the rule, I felt the refs could has exercised some discretion and only assessed a penalty without the ejection. Obviously emotions are running high in a game of that magnitude and I believe that should be considered.

Very well spoken, That was just out of charachter for # 5 hes a great kid and in no way would have done this unless provoked. We dont know what is said on the bottom of those piles and I image there was allot or talking going on.

Actually they must have missed three off sides calls we got three onside kicks They missed the taunting call and the personal foul penalty at midfield and the holding calls to the interior of our defensive line. Refer to raiderdad post for explanation of "Suspension". I do want to thank you; you have just made me realize with the economy as it is today I need to spend my money wisely and get the best entainment value I can, so I will be going to John Battle to watch their game, cause yours is going to be a blowout.. Good luck.

I don't blame you because we don't need you or your money because your bad luck.