Jackson North Side vs. Memphis Ridgeway

jordanwilliams53

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JNS wins 45-42

were you at the game?

For kwc. NS went up early and got the ball first. 14-7 end of 1. Ridgeway offense was stelling. Ridgeway really just walk in the end zone. End of 2 RHS up 28-21. First play of 3rd quarter, Johnson ran 73 yards for a ROADRUNNERS TOUCHDOWN!! 35-21 RHS. Then here come the NS crowd, NS Adam Craig ran a 56 ( i think) yard Touchdown. RHS 35-28. Then Ridgeway QB threw a INT to NS KJ Verser. then on 3 & 10 at NS 28 yd. line. Craig hits up Colie Currie for a wide open pass. But the Roadrunners stop them. RHS ensuing poss. a 7 play 17 yard drive result in punt. Then NS score on another touchdown to make it 35-35. In the 4th quarter. NS Miguel Villegas kick a 27 yard FG. NS 38-35. Ridgeway threw a 42 yard screen pass to Johnson, Johnson walk in for another Touchdown Ridgeway. 42-38 Roadrunners. North Side Adam Craig threw a 5 yard screen route to Mario Rogers, for and INDIAN TOUCHDOWN. 45-42 /North Side 4 minutes left. Last but not least, Ridgeway gets the ball at the 35 yard line, drives all the way to the NS 5. Roadrunners called timeout. On 4th & Goal on the 5. Ridgeway went for it and not the FG. QB overthrow the 6"5 Tight End in the back of the End Zone,( not giving it to Johnson nor kicking the FG.) BALL GAME North Side wins 45-42.

Please pray for the Ridgeway Denfensive lineman #56. Got injured and broke his leg (looks exactly like the Marcus Lattimore injury). Got carted off by am Ambulance. this injury occur with 1 minute into the game.

were you at the game?

For kwc. NS went up early and got the ball first. 14-7 end of 1. Ridgeway offense was stelling. Ridgeway really just walk in the end zone. End of 2 RHS up 28-21. First play of 3rd quarter, Johnson ran 73 yards for a ROADRUNNERS TOUCHDOWN!! 35-21 RHS. Then here come the NS crowd, NS Adam Craig ran a 56 ( i think) yard Touchdown. RHS 35-28. Then Ridgeway QB threw a INT to NS KJ Verser. then on 3 & 10 at NS 28 yd. line. Craig hits up Colie Currie for a wide open pass. But the Roadrunners stop them. RHS ensuing poss. a 7 play 17 yard drive result in punt. Then NS score on another touchdown to make it 35-35. In the 4th quarter. NS Miguel Villegas kick a 27 yard FG. NS 38-35. Ridgeway threw a 42 yard screen pass to Johnson, Johnson walk in for another Touchdown Ridgeway. 42-38 Roadrunners. North Side Adam Craig threw a 5 yard screen route to Mario Rogers, for and INDIAN TOUCHDOWN. 45-42 /North Side 4 minutes left. Last but not least, Ridgeway gets the ball at the 35 yard line, drives all the way to the NS 5. Roadrunners called timeout. On 4th & Goal on the 5. Ridgeway went for it and not the FG. QB overthrow the 6"5 Tight End in the back of the End Zone,( not giving it to Johnson nor kicking the FG.) BALL GAME North Side wins 45-42.

Please pray for the Ridgeway Denfensive lineman #56. Got injured and broke his leg (looks exactly like the Marcus Lattimore injury). Got carted off by am Ambulance. this injury occur with 1 minute into the game.

Thanks for the recap cubs. The story in the Jackson Sun says what you did. I wanted to know the Ridgeway stats. I know the Jackson Sun said that Orlando Johnson had 274 yards rushing. I have no idea how many yards Braxton Conard had however. It doesn't matter, JNS held Ridgeway on the 8 yard line for four downs. They win. Now ... go beat Beech.

I told you guys that this game was going to be high scoring. You see what I was talking about. I can only imagine you guys celebrated like the dickens when your 'D' held. Talk about being on the edge of your seat! LOL ... that was waaaaay to close for comfort huh? I tried to tell you though ... the Ridgeway 'O' is one of the best in the state, regardless of classification.

By the way, the QB for Ridgeway is just a sophomore. Think about THAT!

P.S.

That last play that Ridgeway ran ... did they AT LEAST play action to Johnson?

P.P.S.

Nevermind ... I saw!

Edited by kwc

Thanks for the recap cubs. The story in the Jackson Sun says what you did. I wanted to know the Ridgeway stats. I know the Jackson Sun said that Orlando Johnson had 274 yards rushing. I have no idea how many yards Braxton Conard had however. It doesn't matter, JNS held Ridgeway on the 8 yard line for four downs. They win. Now ... go beat Beech.

I told you guys that this game was going to be high scoring. You see what I was talking about. I can only imagine you guys celebrated like the dickens when your 'D' held. Talk about being on the edge of your seat! LOL ... that was waaaaay to close for comfort huh? I tried to tell you though ... the Ridgeway 'O' is one of the best in the state, regardless of classification.

By the way, the QB for Ridgeway is just a sophomore. Think about THAT!

P.S.

That last play that Ridgeway ran ... did they AT LEAST play action to Johnson?

P.P.S.

Nevermind ... I saw!

Yes I didn't know that Conard is a Sophomore, I will say this, if he works at his passing game, Memphis Tigers? UT KNOX? ARK. ST.? MTSU? that guy is phonomenial!!!!

And thanks for what you said whas true. I didn't know that you would say is true. There offense is legit, but what grade is Orlando Johnson in? If he is a Junior, the Roadrunners and Beech will be the teams to watch next year. (NOTE: North Side will move to 4A next year)

I will say this? since you saw the last play, if you was the coach, would you kick a field goal to tie it, put the ball in Johnson's hands? or do that play? The fans was next.

I got Da HAVEN beating Mt. Juliet 49-21

I will say this? since you saw the last play, if you was the coach, would you kick a field goal to tie it, put the ball in Johnson's hands? or do that play?

It seems to me that the Ridgeway kicker could have hit a field goal from that range pretty easily. If I had 4th and 5 like they did, I would have elected to kicked a field goal to put it into overtime. IF I were to run a play on fourth and five like they did, I would have probably put the ball in Johnson's hands. Looking at the orientation on the field, they were situated on the right hash mark. Put Johnson in the back of the I-formation and pitch sweep to the left , which was the wide side of the field and let Orlando do his thing with room to work. Who's to say that would have worked either ... but if I were in that situation, that's what I would have done.

Edited by kwc