District 4A

bulldogqueen

What odes everybody think about 4A this season? Thoughts, predictions, all-district team, MVP? Here are my 2 cent worth:

1) Wartburg- Best player, coach, and talent his season.

2) Oneida- Return a lot, but lost Wright kid, but the West kid is a real athlete

3) Sunbright-Very well coached, best team attitude

4) Coalfield-Lost 2 big guns, but have some kids left who can play

5) Jellico-Lose Mallicoate, but a good young nucleus

6) OS- Lost some seniors, and not sure about young kids

7) Oakdale- Very young. Could be Top 3 in two years.

MVP- Founatin (WB)

1st Team- West (Oneida), Gunter (SB), Simms (OS), Jeffers (Oneida), Langley (WB)

Don't know how you could choose anyone but Wartburg right now. Layne is a good ball coach and he has easily the best individual talent in the district in Fountain. That team can make another state run IMO.

I'd think Oneida is a safe #2 because of their forwards (West/C. Jeffers). Still have solid pg in Duncan and the rest of their mix of players all bring different skills to the table. They can be a wild card some nights too. Just enough ammo here to give Wartburg fits from time to time.

Sunbright could do well depending on what the coach has too work with this season. If he finds 5 guys that are functionable he will do well. Last year proved, with a few good players, he could make them a respectable basketball team.

I think OS will come back a lot better this year. My guess is this past season was an exception to the rule for the Bobcats. They are usually athletic enough to field a good team. Big surprise at last year.

Coalfield has lost too much to be much higher than here.

Oakdale could finish higher than this and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. In fact, they are sleeper enough to knock off anyone who isn't paying attention!

Jellico has to replace Mallicoat.....and that isn't possible. He was too good.

Kazzy

As of now, its

1. Wartburg - on top until someone beats them

2. Oneida - returns everyone but Wright.

3-6. Jellico, Coalfield, Sunbright, Oliver Springs - A four way fight for 3rd. Its too early to know which one will be on top and which one will be at #6. Jellico got a leg up by beating Coalfield. Several good games coming up before xmas...(OS vs Jellico, Oneida vs Sunbright, Sunbright vs Wartburg, OS vs Oneida)...that may help shape it.

7. Oakdale - Talent is young and not ready to be anywhere else.

Several players that are worthy of being top players.....

WB - Fountain and Langley

Oneida - West and Jeffers

Jellico - Bowlin

Sunbright - Gunter

Oliver Springs - Simms and Simpson

Coalfield - Ariaz and Hill

Ok, revision again. Here is what I see:

1) Wartburg- Beat Oneida last night (Oneida shot about 1-25 from 3pt range)

2) Oneida- Had a terrible night shooting against the Dogs.

3) Jellico- Has handled tehir business so far.

4) Sunbright- Still think the will be strong late in season.

5/6) Coalfield and OS- Hard to determine until they play. This is an important spot as to who would have to go to Jellico or Sunbright first round of districts.

7) Oakdale- Very young. Looks like they have been struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas Rankings (just my opinion, which isn't very good)

1. Wartburg - Only team not to lose a district game

2. Oneida - One loss but I like them over a young Jellico

3. Jellico - One loss in district and big wins over Coalfield and OS

4a Oliver Springs - A close call for 4th, as these team have yet to play each other.

4b Coalfield - Have played the district leaders tough so far.

4c Sunbright - Same as Coalfield.

7 Oakdale -

• 4 weeks later...

What has happened to Jellico since the Christmas break? Looks like they have taken a nose dive. Standings in my opinion as of now.

1) Wartburg- Will win district, and play Rockwood for region title.

2) Oneida- Will lose in region to Grace

3) Sunbright- Will upset Oneida in district, and then lose to Rockwood in region semis

4) Coalfield- 4th in distrcit, lose to Rockwood in regions

5) Jellico- What has happened?

6) OS- Should jump above Jellico after next meeting

7) Oakdale- In 2 years, they could be really tough.

Other District tournament predictions

1) Rockwood- Lose in region finals to Wartburg

2) Grace- Beat Oneida, lose to Wartburg in region semis

3) Harriman-Lose to Sunbright in regions

4) Tellico-Lose to Wartburg in regions