Boyd Buc @ Friendship Christian

reaction

Just a little statistical commentary...

This is all based on another hs football website' and TSSAA stats but should be fairly accurate, give or take...

In 2012, Boyd has played a total of 13 games to Friendship's 12... this is due to the bye Friendship got at the beginning of the play-offs.

Against 1A teams, Boyd is 3 for 3 with a scoring margin of 120-42. Friendship is 3 for 4 with a margin of 160-42. Friendship's only loss was to Gordansville by 7 points. The last time Gordonsville won their division was in 1984. The last time they were runner-up was 1983.

Against 2A teams, Boyd is 5 for 5 with a scoring margin of 178-44. Friendship is 7 for 7 with a margin of 327-87.

Against 3A teams, Boyd is 2 for 2 with a scoring margin of 69-18. Friendship played no 3A teams.

Against 4A teams, Boyd is 1 for 2 with a scoring margin of 51-26. Friendship played no 4A teams. Boyd's only loss was to Maplewood by 10 points. Maplewood was the 2011 4A runner-up.

Boyd's total points for and against is 442-147. Friendship's total is 528-136 with one less game.

Boyd had three shutouts against a 1A, a 2A and a 3A team. Friendship had three shutouts against a 1A team and two 2A teams.

Boyd played 8 out of 13 opponents with winning records. Friendship played 6 out of 12 opponents with winning records.

The only common opponent was DCA who was defeated by Boyd 24-17 in the 6th game of the season and Friendship 41-7 in the 1st game of the season.

I apologize, up front if anything here is inaccurate. I just thought it would be some good food for thought. Go!...

you left out FC playing Maplewood as well and defeating them 4 td's to 1 in the preseason. That's a common opponent no one wants to discuss. Edited by Volzchamps

boo this man.

good to see your alive Snoball. Also glad to hear FC & TC are going to continue the rivalry the next 2 yrs. I'm hearing we may open up with TC & BOYD next season week 0 & 1. I love it. Iron sharpens iron! Of course the team you see next yr will undoubtedly have a few new faces. I'm sure TC has been in the recruiting trail hot & heavy over in summer and Macon Co.

you left out FC playing Maplewood as well and defeating them 4 td's to 1 in the preseason.

I didn't see any pre-season games published anywhere. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places or you could point me in the right direction. Regardless, I've never been a fan of pre-season/early season games being a good indicator of much come play-off time.

good to see your alive Snoball. Also glad to hear FC & TC are going to continue the rivalry the next 2 yrs. I'm hearing we may open up with TC & BOYD next season week 0 & 1. I love it. Iron sharpens iron! Of course the team you see next yr will undoubtedly have a few new faces. I'm sure TC has been in the recruiting trail hot & heavy over in summer and Macon Co.

so boyd and fcs are playing next year? is this official? and if it is where are they playing?

yeah, they need to keep playing, maybe they will keep it going on well past this 2 year contract.

stay out of sumner, that's our pipeline :lol: and i already know you all got 1 or 2 from macon this year. :lol:

hope this game lives up to the hype. :thumb: