Dresden hosts Adamsville

lionfbfan

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to you, Aville on an awesomely executed game last night. There was nothing we could do to stop y'all's attack. I just hope y'all bring that game to Cookeville and bring back the gold ball. Also, congrats to Dresden on a great season. I believe these seniors have left a legacy of winning at Dresden that should rub off on the younger ones to continue the winning ways.

Again, great job to Adamsville and good luck next week!

Go Lions!

I have been following the Dresden thread all year, but, as a coach for the Lions, I have stayed away from commenting, myself. However now that our season is over, I wanted to throw in a few words. First of all, Adamsville played a great ball game. The most physical team we played all year. At one point one of our most physical guys came to me on the sideline and said he hasn't been hit like that all year and was doing everything he could to make something happen. For that player to say that to me speaks volumes to the type of team the Cardinals have. I do think it is a little unfair to say that one team wanted it more than the other. I know our guys wanted to be in Cookeville more than anything next week, and I am positive the same is true for Adamsville. You had two teams who laid it all on the line last night and one simply executed better than another. That's football. I am extremely proud of our Lions for the season they have had and the work they have put in since last January to get to the point we did. I have never been a part of a team with more heart than this one. We have great support from our community in Dresden and it showed every Friday night. To the fans, your support and the atmosphere you created every Friday night will be something the Seniors remember forever. For myself and to the players, coaches, and fans, this was my first year as a coach. I mentioned this briefly to the guys last night and will reiterate it, now. I had been away from the game as a player for almost ten years until I came on as a coach this fall. Something had always been missing since I quit playing. I found out this year exactly what it was. Every coach misses playing, but the game, itself, is what I missed the most. I missed the weekly preparation, competition, brotherhood, and atmosphere of the game. A huge void in my life was filled this fall and for that I will be forever grateful. Unfortunately, most players don't end their high school careers with a win. Most end just like our's did last night. It stings, but that's part of the game. The seniors will be missed and I know the underclassmen's goal is to take their legacy and keep it rolling for years to come. Adamsville... Go get that ring!

Lionhigh if you were referring to my comment i might not have said it the way i thought it. I meant no disrespect by it. We been telling people all along that we were physical and we take great pride in your comments. Lions played hard all night it just looked like early on they realized the cardinals were for real. Great job lions keep up the hard work.