Division II-AA All-Region Team

danman

Has the All-Region Team for Division II-AA been announced yet? If it has I haven't seen it.

I did find these stats today that I thought was interesting. They pertain to quarterbacks in Division II-AA. ( Tenn. Super Prep Website).

Passing Efficiency for 2012 season:

Dylan Hall MBA 183.1

Max Staver BA 167.0

Jordan Rodgers MUS 161.0

Completion Percentage for 2012 season:

Jordan Rodgers MUS 63.6%

Dylan Hall MBA 62.3%

Logan Schmitz SBA 62.1%

Quarterback Ratings for 2012 season :

Dylan Hall MBA 127.4

Jordan Rodgers MUS 115.7

Max Staver BA 111.3

Edited by danman

• 3 weeks later...

Rodgers at MUS was the best QB in the league hands down - he carried his team and MUS overachieved this season.

"Hands Down" That's not what the stats are showing. as a matter of fact it looks like Hall edged him a little! Wonder what it looks like if Hall and Staver get 45 pass attempts per game. Edited by TriState

In MBA's offense last season, the QB was there primarily to hand off - although their QB's were really good at the bootleg passes - MBA had a good offense because it was a dual threat offense....and all the runs were complemented with passes off the same run action; no option threat from the QB position; also really no downfield passing threat because the "just average" arm strength of the QB's; MBA's passing game was good only when the run game was assisting and being mixed in with the run; by itself - not so much. But running the "MBA offense" Hall was very effective.

Brentwood Academy: certainly the BA passing game was dangerous due to the excellent talent of the BA receivers; also, the BA QB could deliver the ball downfield; again, not too much run offense or theat from the BA QB position; Yes he did have good numbers; but I am not sure that either one of the QB's at MBA or BA could carry a team or really scare an opposing defensive coach.....by himself - as Rodgers could -

On almost every running play, Rodgers had a read....give or keep (when MUS was in the GUN which was about 80% of he time) so he had decisions to make on most plays, even run plays - and on passing plays, Rodgers made MUS go - MUS has the best passing offense in the league (and probably the state) hands down; and when pressured, and moving around Rodgers was even better - and it really takes a good player to not only make the reads but also to execute the throws; I am not saying that Rodgers is a college prospect but for high school in DII last year he was terrific

Take Staver or Hall out of the MBA or BA offense for a game and MBA and BA will survive and beat most teams; not true w Rodgers - I am not sure that MUS could have functioned without Rodgers last year.

In MBA's offense last season, the QB was there primarily to hand off - although their QB's were really good at the bootleg passes - MBA had a good offense because it was a dual threat offense....and all the runs were complemented with passes off the same run action; no option threat from the QB position; also really no downfield passing threat because the "just average" arm strength of the QB's; MBA's passing game was good only when the run game was assisting and being mixed in with the run; by itself - not so much. But running the "MBA offense" Hall was very effective.

Brentwood Academy: certainly the BA passing game was dangerous due to the excellent talent of the BA receivers; also, the BA QB could deliver the ball downfield; again, not too much run offense or theat from the BA QB position; Yes he did have good numbers; but I am not sure that either one of the QB's at MBA or BA could carry a team or really scare an opposing defensive coach.....by himself - as Rodgers could -

On almost every running play, Rodgers had a read....give or keep (when MUS was in the GUN which was about 80% of he time) so he had decisions to make on most plays, even run plays - and on passing plays, Rodgers made MUS go - MUS has the best passing offense in the league (and probably the state) hands down; and when pressured, and moving around Rodgers was even better - and it really takes a good player to not only make the reads but also to execute the throws; I am not saying that Rodgers is a college prospect but for high school in DII last year he was terrific

Take Staver or Hall out of the MBA or BA offense for a game and MBA and BA will survive and beat most teams; not true w Rodgers - I am not sure that MUS could have functioned without Rodgers last year.

All this might make him a MVP, but doesn't make him the best QB