Middle Tennessee Grandchampionship?

wosbodog

I've been out of the loop a while. Can anyone tell me if the Middle Tennessee Grandchampionship tournament is going to be held at the Williamson County Agro Center again this year? Last year i think was the first it was brought back in years, as a fundraiser type event that included separate high school, middle school, and youth wrestling divisions all at the same venue under the same roof. It was a really cool event that ran about this time last year and the finals were basically owned by Father Ryan, and considering it took place the same weekend as the McCallie Invitational having teams at that kind of caliber opt to attend i think was really significant - so i was wondering if it's going to be held again this year, or was it not able to be put together this time around?

The MTGC is being held again this year; however, there are not many teams in Middle Tennessee supporting it. I do not know why. I do know that there is a tournament at Beech the same weekend that many Middle Tennessee teams are going to as well as many Middle Tennessee teams going to other tournaments. I do not know why. This tournament was to bring the best of Middle Tennessee together to wrestle to find out who was the best but that is not gong to happen this year.

It is a shame this has happened.

The problem with the MTGC is that when it was brought back it was ran very very poorly and that put a bad taste in many coaches mouth's. after the first year many teams dropped then when it was ran the second year and still not smoothly most coaches just said forget it. I loved the idea of the MTGC and not just for teams from around the middle of Tennessee but to have a huge massive tournament with teams coming from everywhere. But all coaches know that when a tournament doesn't run smoothly the likely hood of them returning slims. This is why I heard from many coaches why they aren't returning and the reason for its failer.

The problem with the MTGC is that when it was brought back it was ran very very poorly and that put a bad taste in many coaches mouth's. after the first year many teams dropped then when it was ran the second year and still not smoothly most coaches just said forget it. I loved the idea of the MTGC and not just for teams from around the middle of Tennessee but to have a huge massive tournament with teams coming from everywhere. But all coaches know that when a tournament doesn't run smoothly the likely hood of them returning slims. This is why I heard from many coaches why they aren't returning and the reason for its failer.

This is the 2nd year for the MTGC so how could teams not come back after the 2nd year because it was not run smoothly?

There is Youth Division. By the way TN has plenty of elite wrestlers!

is there a kids division? If so, the tournament officials should try and get Eli King and Mason Reinche to come as well as elite Georgia kids.

is there a kids division? If so, the tournament officials should try and get Eli King and Mason Reinche to come as well as elite Georgia kids.