Week 10 Smith Co. - Portland

oldchsman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan: The infirmary works miracles at TTU, and I am finally ridding myself of that cold...as for the back, it even has seemed to let it up on me a little...which is very encouraging considering both my beloved football teams are struggling at the moment.

Antwan: Thanks for your comments on the game. It hurt bad to lose, always does, and I personall have never been on a losing team, and don't want to start and end it with this season...but (Tech) has a chance to run the table, if we can EVER get healthy. I was encouraged by our defensive effort against a great offense, it was a great effort and reminded me of my first couple of years here...hopefully we as a team can respond this week at SEMO.

Queenbee: Don't let the small staure fool you, I'm at least a two burger guy, esp. if I like what goes in, and I bet your "special burger" would be on my good list...I wish I could be there, too...it tears me up to have to miss high school football but I may make an appearance in the near future if the cards fold just right.

As for Portland: My heart goes out to them right now. It seems like last year, when we had more depth and experience, we didn't have any injuries and never turned the ball over, and this year we've been banged up and the ball is bouncing every way except into our hands. I will say that there has only been one football game this year that Portland did not play with all-out effort and intensity and I dn't think it' s any secret who that was. Of course, most times this year after a Portland loss the opposing team has had a Super Bowl Champion celebration at midfield. Which, I can fully understand when it has been some time since one team has beaten another, that tends to be the case. I tell this: if I was a young player, I'd etch that in my memory for the offseason. As for Smith County, they are a very sond football team which can be proud of their demeanor that their community, coaching staff, and players carry...they should be very proud of what they have accomplished since making the move from 2a. As for this game, Portland must play a complete 48 minute without the turnover bug biting...at least them. I think you guys are smart enough to know that if that happens, then yes, the Panthers can put themselves in position to win a big game...but that will, at the least, be what it takes to do that Friday night. I think it will still be a great atmosphere for football, and I would be shocked if the Portland fans didn't travel in big #'s. Lastly, something I thought I'd never say...GO LA! :D

Ya'll are killing me...why are we being so nice???...Someone please explain that to me...WHUP PORTLAND!!!...GO OWLS!!!...

Fanman...I'm going to be super nice to ya...and give ya something to laugh at...they've coerced me into dressing up for Halloween tomorrow...that hallway below me is doing the Wizard of Oz...and unfortunately...the Chemistry teacher gets to be the Wicked Witch of the West...picture this if you will...Pink...PINK tulle...a crown...a sceptor...and yes...yours truly is going to be Glenda...the Good Witch of the North...I can't stand the thought...pray for me... ;)

Posted by QueenBee:

Ya'll are killing me...why are we being so nice???...Someone please explain that to me...WHUP PORTLAND!!!...GO OWLS!!!...

Fanman...I'm going to be super nice to ya...and give ya something to laugh at...they've coerced me into dressing up for Halloween tomorrow...that hallway below me is doing the Wizard of Oz...and unfortunately...the Chemistry teacher gets to be the Wicked Witch of the West...picture this if you will...Pink...PINK tulle...a crown...a sceptor...and yes...yours truly is going to be Glenda...the Good Witch of the North...I can't stand the thought...pray for me... :D

Queenie or should I say Glenda,

We can be kinder gentler coacht posters when a team shows us respect. I think tbp and his Panthers have done that. I think we have done the same in return. I think this game is going to be a headknocker. It will be a good game to go to.(yes fanMOUTH, I will be there) :D