SHS Yellow Jackets 2013

TheCommissioner

What does next year hold for the Jackets? It will be the second year of Coach Wilson's tenure. What changes will he make? With the graduation of our two big D-Line/O-Line men (Brewer and Summers) and our main play maker"Mister Excitement" Brandon Farmer, who will fill their void. Who do we have in the wings to take their place? Our feeder schoolers had mixed seasons last year. Coopertown lost more than they won and Springfield Middle went undefeated. It is a lot to ask Freshman to replace these high performers. Can we win more than we lose next year?

The community is getting behind the school and a move is being made to construct an on campus site. Leaders are coming together to raise the money to build soccer fields, tennis courts, as well as a football field beside the new baseball/softball fields at the High School. Is this enough to jump start our program? Is this the right move? Are we going in the right direction? Thoughts.....................................................

What does next year hold for the Jackets? It will be the second year of Coach Wilson's tenure. What changes will he make? With the graduation of our two big D-Line/O-Line men (Brewer and Summers) and our main play maker"Mister Excitement" Brandon Farmer, who will fill their void. Who do we have in the wings to take their place? Our feeder schoolers had mixed seasons last year. Coopertown lost more than they won and Springfield Middle went undefeated. It is a lot to ask Freshman to replace these high performers. Can we win more than we lose next year?

The community is getting behind the school and a move is being made to construct an on campus site. Leaders are coming together to raise the money to build soccer fields, tennis courts, as well as a football field beside the new baseball/softball fields at the High School. Is this enough to jump start our program? Is this the right move? Are we going in the right direction? Thoughts.....................................................

It will be a big help. and all of what you desribe is very good...as long as two things are in place.....1) You have the right man leading the program 2) The administration supports him

It will be a big help. and all of what you desribe is very good...as long as two things are in place.....1) You have the right man leading the program 2) The administration supports him

After over 30 years of coaching, you know well that winning solves a lot of ills and also can gain or cost you popularity. It still remains to be seen if both of your suggestions are in place. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend

We sure hope you are right. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend

Merry Christmas to you as well.

If Springfield's coaches can coach and they have any semblance of numbers/talent in their rising senior or junior classes, they have a shot at a decent at least season in 2013.

I say that because outside of Henry County, the district appears to be down next year. No more Dickson County, Northeast loses at least 16 or 17 starters including JRM, Kenwood loses its two stud backs along with its head coach, Rossview loses a bunch of offensive firepower, and Northwest and West Creek are still trying to escape the bottom of the Clarksville barrel. Not sure what to make of CHS, but I've heard they were fairly young last year and should be better.

Springfield just needs to "rally the troops" so to speak and jump at the opportunity. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it would be great for the morale of that program going forward after all that has happened in the past year. Good luck.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

If Springfield's coaches can coach and they have any semblance of numbers/talent in their rising senior or junior classes, they have a shot at a decent at least season in 2013.

I say that because outside of Henry County, the district appears to be down next year. No more Dickson County, Northeast loses at least 16 or 17 starters including JRM, Kenwood loses its two stud backs along with its head coach, Rossview loses a bunch of offensive firepower, and Northwest and West Creek are still trying to escape the bottom of the Clarksville barrel. Not sure what to make of CHS, but I've heard they were fairly young last year and should be better.

Springfield just needs to "rally the troops" so to speak and jump at the opportunity. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it would be great for the morale of that program going forward after all that has happened in the past year. Good luck.

I couldn't agree with you more. Trust me on this one, whenever I see the coaches, and it is fairly often, I offer MANY words of encouragement

• 2 weeks later...

After over 30 years of coaching, you know well that winning solves a lot of ills and also can gain or cost you popularity. It still remains to be seen if both of your suggestions are in place. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend

I hope that for your sake, and for the sake of your players, that both are in place. I hope your Christmas was a good one and I also hope this new year will be a good one for you.