TSSAA Dual Rankings (TWF) - Week 5

coachknepper

Also a shout out to a Region 1 that has come light years from when I first started watching high school wrestling here 6 years ago. Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Jefferson Co, and Greeneville have all done well this year. Although admittedly Science Hill is a little down this year from years past after losing key wrestlers from last year's team.

Knepper, just want to say i rarely agree with all your rankings and could post some argument about some but choose not to. I think they are as good as others and I understand it is your opinion from your findings. I will say that if your rankings bothered me enough to spout off and make accusations, I would probably just start my own website (which isn't hard) and post a link to it on here for all to see. Keep doing what your doing and don't worry about the thin skinned ones. They should post what they think it should be. That way... this thread would never end because everyones opinions are different. Whether I agree or not, I enjoy reading them. Thanks for posting them.

Coach,

I was thinking you had no need to respond to the unjustified & unclear remarks of those who attack without identity... It's important that we recognise and analyse instances of illogical reasoning and weak argumentation and NOT waste our valuable time, your new bride will appreciate that :). These folks disguise weak content by the clever use of argumentative form, purely to persuade the reader of the validity of their contrary positions. It's really a common far left strategy to diminish truth.

Now, as far as your rankings... Most make sense on paper. The thing we don't always know is what really wins matches. Walker Valley, Beech,CBHS, Heritage, Blackman and Soddy have impressed me this season and I believe much of it has nothing to do with new move ins, transfers or new coaches. It is stepping it up in the practice room and off season prep IMO.

A long time wresting friend & I were talking yesterday and we both agreed that no one really knows who Science Hill will end up being. They have only wrestled ...what Two matches in TN?

Another, and this may actually be what one or two of your critics may be referring to, is WV. I don't see PF or a couple of others giving them a match. If they stay steady, peak right and remain healthy, ol Sly may break into the top 3-5 range.

All together, no one in TN takes the time to justify with stats, common opponents & overall results like you. In the SE,I've only seen this kind of regular HS wrestling analysis in GA, clearly with some added spice.

Thx man!!

Edited by Sommers

drivle.....

as usual.

I wonder how having a screen name and not knowing who owns the screen name changes any opinion shared on here. Stupid remark.

I wonder how any transfers or not would cause the ranker to change where he might put them in the rankings....probably would not consider them better or worse because of this, since that wrestler is on the team and is starting, again drivel.

I think that is you have thin skin then doing the rankings may not be something you should do. It is an opinion like everyone else has on here, even the unknown guys that follow the rules and use a screen name.

It makes some since to have a little bias towards mid tn. teams, that is the prime recruiting grounds for MTSU. Nothing wrong with that, and I think the comment was as innocent as that and does not need to be dissected much further.

I agree with champion on the fact no response to comments are necessary. Dont get me wrong everyone has a opionion and thats what makes this sight fun. I do think you do a good job based off the information you have in hand. As far as your rankings they tend to be pretty acurate based off of what teams have done with what they have. Take Cleveland and Baylor both teams could possibly stay where there at but based off of what i here they both should get stronger as they get healthier. Another couple of teams to speak of that should move up would be Walker Valley who seems very strong losing to 2 good teams and Science Hill who i heard got a couple 2 to 3 wrestlers back that should really help their team that has finished the last several years pretty strong in duals

drivle.....

as usual.

I wonder how having a screen name and not knowing who owns the screen name changes any opinion shared on here. Stupid remark.

I wonder how any transfers or not would cause the ranker to change where he might put them in the rankings....probably would not consider them better or worse because of this, since that wrestler is on the team and is starting, again drivel.

I think that is you have thin skin then doing the rankings may not be something you should do. It is an opinion like everyone else has on here, even the unknown guys that follow the rules and use a screen name.

It makes some since to have a little bias towards mid tn. teams, that is the prime recruiting grounds for MTSU. Nothing wrong with that, and I think the comment was as innocent as that and does not need to be dissected much further.

Drivel - (not drivle): defined as, 1. Saliva flowing from the mouth, or nose. 2. Childish / Silly

None of which are spelled "Drivle"... Nice, that's a great representation of your intelligence. Next...

"I wonder how any transfers or not would cause the ranker to change where he might put them in the rankings....probably would not consider them better or worse because of this, since that wrestler is on the team and is starting, again drivel."

Props first, spelled drivel right.

Second, what is this elaborate run on sentence? It does not even make sense. Can you explain it's meaning?

Third, you spelled your word right this time. Congratulations!

Fourth, (haha, this is my favorite)..."I think that is you have thin skin then doing the rankings may not be something you should do. It is an opinion like everyone else has one on here, even the unknown guys that follow the rules and use a screen name."

Give me a break with this jibberish. Then has to do with a time, than is appropriate.

The last sentence is ridiculous. Please state your school. We will move to get it investigated.

Next, why do you care of the geographic location of the guy that does the rankings? How about you give him a break and let him do what others enjoy. I guarantee that he does better than anyone else around. While you are allowing this to happen, get ahold of The Sylvan Learning Center. You may get more results from your posts.

Coach Knepper,

Thanks for the efforts. We all appreciate it.

Drivel - (not drivle): defined as, 1. Saliva flowing from the mouth, or nose. 2. Childish / Silly

None of which are spelled "Drivle"... Nice, that's a great representation of your intelligence. Next...

"I wonder how any transfers or not would cause the ranker to change where he might put them in the rankings....probably would not consider them better or worse because of this, since that wrestler is on the team and is starting, again drivel."

Props first, spelled drivel right.

Second, what is this elaborate run on sentence? It does not even make sense. Can you explain it's meaning?

Third, you spelled your word right this time. Congratulations!

Fourth, (haha, this is my favorite)..."I think that is you have thin skin then doing the rankings may not be something you should do. It is an opinion like everyone else has one on here, even the unknown guys that follow the rules and use a screen name."

Give me a break with this jibberish. Then has to do with a time, than is appropriate.

The last sentence is ridiculous. Please state your school. We will move to get it investigated.

Next, why do you care of the geographic location of the guy that does the rankings? How about you give him a break and let him do what others enjoy. I guarantee that he does better than anyone else around. While you are allowing this to happen, get ahold of The Sylvan Learning Center. You may get more results from your posts.

Coach Knepper,

Thanks for the efforts. We all appreciate it.

whoops, I failed the spelling test, a clear indication of intelligence.

I was not critical of his ranking. It was about his shout out.

I am trying to understand what you mean "my school". Do you mean where my kids attended, where I attended and do you mean high school or college? Once learning that, what would be your point? It has no relationship to my post.

My post had nothing to do with rankings.

Giving shout outs to certain teams that place in an in-state tournament just seems to show favoritism. Bray at least keeps it Classy by giving out wrestler of the week and team of the week every week. Just giving a random shout out on a poll that you do for fans across the state shows bias in them. Did SD get a shout out for the Cleveland Duals or The Bradley Tournament for beating State Championship teams from other states?

My post had nothing to do with rankings.

Giving shout outs to certain teams that place in an in-state tournament just seems to show favoritism. Bray at least keeps it Classy by giving out wrestler of the week and team of the week every week. Just giving a random shout out on a poll that you do for fans across the state shows bias in them. Did SD get a shout out for the Cleveland Duals or The Bradley Tournament for beating State Championship teams from other states?

Who cares? They're HIS rankings and he can do what he wants. It's not like they're official. If he wanted to put WC in all the 1-25 spots he could, because they're HIS rankings. Just get over it.