Kissimmee-Osceola FL 3A State 3rd Place

Bradley Central TN DIV1 State 3rd Place

Baylor TN DIV2 State 3rd Place

Carrollton GA 3A State 3rd Place

Riverdale FL 2A State 3rd Place

McCallie TN DIV2 State 4th Place

St. Thomas Aquinas FL 3A State 4th Place

Somerset FL 1A State 4th Place

East Ridge vs Pigeon Forge in semis of A-AA will be a good one, winner prob will be A-AA state champs...the Pioneers may have brought sexy back to ER wrestling...did you see what they did to Johnny the clowns team from Central last night.Death Spiral for the BIG C....

Edited by mfceo

Cleveland beat Father Ryan on Friday night in a dual match, the night before the Dauls. It was not part of the Cleveland Duals.

Most everyone should realize that very few of the matches wrestled at the Cleveland Duals (or that night before CBHS vs Soddy, Cleveland vs Ryan, etc.) would look the same now. I know Cleveland, Ryan, and CBHS all had several kids out and were adjusting line-ups and now have very different line-ups. This is part of what makes the season fun.

Duals are different from tournaments and there are very different type of tournament teams. Some teams do very well in smaller tournaments, some teams are better big tournament teams, and yet other teams are better at the super-deep tournaments. It keeps the year interesting.

Ghouse,

I know there may be some additional weight movements, however, at this point in the game would you agree that D2 132 is shaping up to be the toughest weight class? Brunner is the clear favorite and you have two other State Champions in that class with Connell and Akers.

Ghouse,

I know there may be some additional weight movements, however, at this point in the game would you agree that D2 132 is shaping up to be the toughest weight class? Brunner is the clear favorite and you have two other State Champions in that class with Connell and Akers.

Barrel,

IMO only a couple of the weights in DII have 3 kids that would appear to have strong abilities to make the finals. 132 is certainly one of the best with a top 3 that is above several of the other weights.

Looking at depth of weights I think that the 106 weight class is possibly the deepest we have in the division. Also my understanding is that John Olson of BGA is moving down to 138 this weekend. That adds another good competition into that weight. 220 also has a good core of wrestlers bunched at the top with Amos Mason a clear favorite there.

Of course, almost by design... Ryan systematically shows up with a different team in late January compared to their nov/Dec team.

This weekend will shed some light on the d1 vs d2 strength comparisons.

I predict a Cbhs Cleveland finish within the 12 pts with mccallie squeezin out third.

The same two at top at the state duals as well.. Soddy & I Ryan in finals however.

@rlwest40

The three unknowns you have in Wilson Central's lineup are at 160 Johnathan Ward, 195 Dillon Smith, and 285 Micheal Vaughn. Ward and Smith are good wrestlers. And Jenkinson is out for the season he tore his ACL at Beech Duals.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know their names because I was using TN rankings to fill in the line-ups and WC didn't have anyone listed in those weights. I always hate to hear about a season-ending injury.